March Madness (Other Games Thread) | Page 30 | The Boneyard

March Madness (Other Games Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who cares about P5 or non P5? I'm just enjoying the games. UCONN'S done so I don't care at this point except to have Cuse lose and watch dramatic basketball. Shame for UNI, one of the worst choke jobs I've ever watched. That one will never leave these guys for the rest of their lives. March madness baby!

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I should add clock management to the list of things UNI completely effed up. 5.8 seconds gives you plenty of time to get the ball in a position for a normal shot. Not a half court heave that actually gave A&M enough time to put up their own heave. I mean come on.

UNI took stupid to a whole new level in that game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It is hard to be optimistic about the situation of any program outside of the P5 watching this tournament.
It was difficult before this tournament yet I know of someone who has continually proposed that UConn toss aside any chance of ever joining a P-5 conference and casting their fate with the Big East.

Reaction Score
They've got the mid major blues over at the Holy Land. I think they are finally beginning to realize how difficult it will be to establish themselves as a true major conference. They can be the best of the basketball G5, and some years they'll be better than the worst P5 leagues, but their days as a league that produces National Championship contenders on a yearly basis is probably over.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
bill-murray.jpg

jb55Pr.gif

Reaction Score
It was difficult before this tournament yet I know of someone who has continually proposed that UConn toss aside any chance of ever joining a P-5 conference and casting their fate with the Big East.
The BE in hoops is about the same as the AAC in football. The only difference is that I don't think any of the other G5 leagues will be able to consistently be as good as the AAC, while the AAC has a very good chance to eventually surpass the BE in hoops, because of the programs at the top of the league.

Reaction Score
He is being a drama queen on his later point.

Morgan did take a bunch of bad shots and they ran nothing at all though.
He is a huge drama queen, the refs did not take that game from UNI, they blew it themselves. Morgan took some bad shots but he carried them. I forgot how insane Nelson is with the Uconn should drop football and go back to the abig East nonsense. Delusional.

Reaction Score
St Joes/ Oregon another great game, Bembry is Dr J recarnated

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I may end up divorced but have seen at least part of all 52 games in this tourney so far.

Lots of crying about referees. UNI didn't get an unfair whistle. SFA barely did - they had the game won and got stripped of the ball.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'm loving St. Joe's. Go Hawks!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Key to the Big East is finding coaches and players who come from basketball places who want to be BMOC. While they have a money disadvantage they have a don't have to compete with football advantage.

Being on Fox is a major disadvantage. They would have better teams with the AAC contract and exposure

Reaction Score
Why would you want St. Joe's to win? I can't root for another Duke cakewalk to the final 4.

Reaction Score
Why would you want St. Joe's to win? I can't root for another Duke cakewalk to the final 4.
I think St. Joe's can beat Duke. And if they get past Oregon/St. Joe's, I think OU will smoke them.

Reaction Score
St Joes getting no help from the refs in the last 3 minutes or so.

Reaction Score
If Oklahoma faces Duke, wait for two fouls on Buddy Hield a minute into the game...
I mean, Duke had 10 losses this year, so the refs weren't quite so favorable as you'd imagine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oregon isn't any better than St Joe's so from a Duke perspective it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom