March Madness (Other Games Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Pitt is a garbage 10 seed but they are lucky Wisconsin is garbage as well

Reaction Score
I 've had a lot of different negative reactions to fans of our former Big East rivals, but Pitt fans hold a special place for me for being arrogant without portfolio..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pitt player driving to the basket looking with a chance to hit the winning basket, and then someone must have reminded him it was March.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
lol, Robinson goes for the lead with a couple secs left and gets fouled BY HIS OWN GUY

Reaction Score
Stephen F. Austin isn't a 14 seed. Good job committee, screwing over both West Virginia and potentially, SFA

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Pitt with their usual March performance.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Stephen F. Austin isn't a 14 seed. Good job committee, screwing over both West Virginia and potentially, SFA
SFA deserved better than a 14 but they'd have to be a double digit seed regardless. WVU is roughly seeded where they should be.

While each may have the right to claim they should have been facing a lesser opponent in round one, neither can gripe about the outcome of this game as WVU should be able to handle a double digit seed and SFU should have been up against a pretty solid opponent.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Huggins makes it very hard on refs. There are so many potential fouls on both ends of the court, that I can see why he has 2 Final Fours, and also a lot of early exits.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The last two possessions SFA seemed more worried about running the clock than getting a quality shot. There's a ton of time left, this is stupid.

Reaction Score
SFA deserved better than a 14 but they'd have to be a double digit seed regardless. WVU is roughly seeded where they should be.

While each may have the right to claim they should have been facing a lesser opponent in round one, neither can gripe about the outcome of this game as WVU should be able to handle a double digit seed and SFU should have been up against a pretty solid opponent.
Right: but they should have been an 11 or a 12, so getting a very good WVU team--better than all the 4/5 seeds except Kentucky--was messed up. That said, they're doing well. But West Virginia should have gotten a team like Stony Brook instead. Better seeds should mean easier opponents. That hasn't entirely happened this tournament.

Reaction Score

Between that and Wichita State being an 11, it's clear the committee didn't take the metrics that seriously. It's interesting because SFA had kind of a nothing resume, so it isn't like they 'deserved' to be that much higher, but there's no sense in punishing a great team like West Virginia while Syracuse gets to play freaking Dayton.

I would like to see a better balancing act in future years.

Reaction Score
Between that and Wichita State being an 11, it's clear the committee didn't take the metrics that seriously. It's interesting because SFA had kind of a nothing resume, so it isn't like they 'deserved' to be that much higher, but there's no sense in punishing a great team like West Virginia while Syracuse gets to play freaking Dayton.

I would like to see a better balancing act in future years.
Once you get into those later seeds, where no one beat anyone, KenPom/BPI/Sagarin is probably the way they should seed. RPI is meaningless in judging between those teams.

Reaction Score
Refs missing WVU pushing fouls on rebounds, trying to hand them the game.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the fouls WVU is getting away with. two forearms to the face is a double fould?

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Number 2 on SFA is not getting a fair whistle.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Refs missing WVU pushing fouls on rebounds, trying to hand them the game.

A game like this is really tough to officiate. WVU fouls almost continually, and their offense is dependent on creating a lot of contact. I think WVU is getting more than their share of the calls, but it is not as crazy as the Duke/UNCW game, for example.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The refs have no control of this game. College officiating is really horrendous.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
T on Huggy saying something, to the tune of 13.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Huggy with the T.

And it looks like he added ~120 lbs since he left the BE.

Reaction Score
I've noticed a lot of college coaches hate making in game adjustments . Huggins has been playing 2 bigs all game, while the other team plays a 6'7 guy at center with Walkup playing point forward. He should have had a better gameplan, you can't rush Walkup it's obvious on film and by his low turn over rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom