March Madness Day 3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

March Madness Day 3

Reaction Score
I wonder if that decent chunk of URI fans still believe UConn would be a lateral move for Hurley.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I wonder if that decent chunk of URI fans still believe UConn would be a lateral move for Hurley.
This game doesn't change the fact that it is or isn't.
URI are at least in the NCAA tournament playing against Duke, while we are sitting home figuring out how many players are coming back next year to compete in the AAC.

Having said that, UConn is a superior job.

Reaction Score
Why in the world was ONLY one 9 vs 1 game scheduled followed by just ONE game, a 7 vs 2 scheduled? Should always be 2 games on at a time. Or at least a new game every hour. Not digging this. Thursday is always the best schedule and the absolute highlight of MM but my goodness, it really sees a decline, IMO, on Saturday with this line up. Because if you have a dud, nothing else you can switch over to and right now we are working on the second dud in a row.

Reaction Score
This game doesn't change the fact that it is or isn't.

Of course it doesn't. Anyone who can look at the situation objectively didn't need this game to know UConn is a superior job to a friggin A-10 school, but it may provide a dose of reality for URI fans. This is about as good as it'll get in the A-10 for their program.

Reaction Score
I find him far more respectable than Calipari, Pitino, etc.
I hate when people lump him in that class of coaches. He's above them.

Can't believe anybody does that - Squid and Pitino are on their own level of sleaze.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Of course it doesn't. Anyone who can look at the situation objectively didn't need this game to know UConn is a superior job to a friggin A-10 school, but it may provide a dose of reality for URI fans. This is about as good as it'll get in the A-10 for their program.
Yeah was just saying that to a friend. They maxed out . I think URI fans are more level headed than VCU fans.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yup, and that's exactly why I believe Hurley is ours. I think he knows that. Our ceiling is much higher despite being in the AAC.
Without a doubt. Regardless of how bad we’ve been the past couple years we’re still a name brand. Kemba and Shabazz have also helped this program during this stretch and will continue to do so going forward

Reaction Score
Hurley the next 3m man?

Take it and run after this whoopin with multiple 4*s on the biggest stage. Give your agent a hug and light that cigar at Grants.

Reaction Score
So, we're supposed to be excited about hiring a Hurley, who is going to lose by 30 in his final game at URI?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
From my subpar lip reading abilities, I think Coach K said something along the lines of "You did an excellent job with this program" to Hurley.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically, how soon would the Hurley news be announced now that they lost?

Reaction Score
People on this board are going to pull a muscle rushing to point out how much more talented Duke is than Rhode Island.

We should just go ahead and hang a banner in Gampel now that says "our future coach kept it within 17 at the half against Duke."
Great point.

Reaction Score
So, we're supposed to be excited about hiring a Hurley, who is going to lose by 30 in his final game at URI?
Did Virginia have an NBA player?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom