March Madness Day 3 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

March Madness Day 3

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can Boeheim and Krzyzyzyzyzyzyzski just retire already? They were there before & after Calhoun.

It's just not fair. :p

They are gonna keep K alive with a blood drip, a feed bag, and some scaffolding on the side line. Guy's got another 20 years.

Pretty sure Boeheim is a zombie.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Just curious, is there anyone here who actually doesn't like Coach K for any good reason?
He's hard to hate.

Reaction Score
When u have a team so good , you can just sit a whole half and let them play

Reaction Score
Terrell has been awful.

Not the most encouraging performance for those of us (myself included) who want to see Hurley on our sideline.

Hopefully with a higher caliber of recruit, Hurley will be able to implement a more attractive offense.
What did people expect? Duke is significantly more talented. Bagley is absurd. And they're significantly taller and longer than URI. I don't blame any of this on Hurley.

People talking about how Hurley can't play against zones off of games against teams like Duke (and somehow reading it into a game against OU where they played mostly m2m).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Terrell has been awful.

Not the most encouraging performance for those of us (myself included) who want to see Hurley on our sideline.

Hopefully with a higher caliber of recruit, Hurley will be able to implement a more attractive offense.

You're looking at 4 well coached NBA players against an A-10 team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What did people expect? Duke is significantly more talented. Bagley is absurd. And they're significantly taller and longer than URI. I don't blame any of this on Hurley.

People talking about how Hurley can't play against zones off of games against teams like Duke (and somehow reading it into a game against OU where they played mostly m2m).

Something something low expectations...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Terrell has been awful.

Further more, never has a fanbase been so 'one game determines all' than we have been this past year.

Reaction Score
Further more, never has a fanbase been so 'one game determines all' than we have been this past year.
I really enjoyed the offense they ran against OU. Spread them out, got shots at the hoop and got good looks from 3. But when your tallest player is 6'8" and earthbound, they got blocked a lot and had to adjust.

Against Duke...I mean this is a mean, peak Syracuse-level zone with it's length. And URI still generated a number of good looks early on only to get stuffed at the rim.

Reaction Score
URI has had a nice season but they aren't anything great in terms of talent, which IMO speaks well to Hurley's coaching ability. It's not like they have several future NBA guys or this is an '04 St Joe's situation. They have four senior starters, which in today's college game is quite an advantage, and they play well together. They didn't get through the A-10 this year by out-talenting their opponents.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of him. I do.
I find him far more respectable than Calipari, Pitino, etc.
I hate when people lump him in that class of coaches. He's above them.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Against Duke...I mean this is a mean, peak Syracuse-level zone with it's length. And URI still generated a number of good looks early on only to get stuffed at the rim.

Yep, it got them so out of rhythm. And Duke adjusted to the bounce pass when a guy flashed to the foul line. They were generating looks their early.

Can't even get off great three pt shots because Duke is so long and athletic out there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I find him far more respectable than Calipari, Pitino, etc.
I hate when people lump him in that class of coaches. He's above them.

I think any rational observer has to admit that. K is one of, if not the, best coach ever. Cal is def not. Pitino is a rung or two down.

Reaction Score
People on this board are going to pull a muscle rushing to point out how much more talented Duke is than Rhode Island.

We should just go ahead and hang a banner in Gampel now that says "our future coach kept it within 17 at the half against Duke."

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'd like to know how the NCAA measured the exact radius of the restricted circle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
URI is holding up as well as can be expected, and has been hosted by the refs. I was very pleased to see Hurley looking like a young JC on the sideline going ballistic over a phantom foul call. That’s the passion and energy we need.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Damn. URI battling like hell and still getting dunked on all over.

Bagley is ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom