March Madness 2nd Round - Special Monday Edition | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March Madness 2nd Round - Special Monday Edition

Reaction Score
Watching these games has taught me you can never play 2 bigs at the same time who can't shoot 3's. You can get away with one big who can't but plays great defense or maybe traditional post game but the other big has to shoot 3's. You have to be able to score from the outside in today's college basketball.

I think if we had Kofi at the 5 and Sanogo at the 4, we'd still be playing. We wouldn't have to resort to Sanogo, Martin and Whaley playing down low.

Reaction Score
Kansas getting taken to the woodshed by USC right now. Zags will win it all but this is the Pac 10 SEC invitational. West Haven's Tahj Eaddy was a hell of a pickup for USC this year. Averaged 14 ppg on 45% shooting and 38% from three.

Reaction Score
Bama had 40 rebounds to Maryland's 19....game changer.

And shot 100% from FT line...20 points from line vs 6 for the Terps.

Reaction Score
Yes.

But how did those werewolf Coke commercials ever get out of the planning phase?
The werewolf horse thing really hurts my eyes, you'd think Coke would be scared to associate with beastiality, but I guess Twilight was popular what 12 or so years ago?!

Nevertheless, the dug-ah-duh, dugga dah, dugga dah dugga dagga phone dropping commercial is by far the most annoying.
Chad show is a close second, Titus & Tate had a funny comment about that one, "we are definitely not sponsored by THAT show, that looks rough."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think if we had Kofi at the 5 and Sanogo at the 4, we'd still be playing. We wouldn't have to resort to Sanogo, Martin and Whaley playing down low.

2 decent inside players will result in better 3 point shots for our outside shooters.

Reaction Score
Self is an overrated coach. He only wins when he has a totally stacked team and looses to alot of mid majors with them as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
2 decent inside players will result in better 3 point shots for our outside shooters.

And offensive rebounds. The fascination with 5 out offense is going to fade.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Self is an overrated coach. He only wins when he has a totally stacked team and looses to alot of mid majors with them as well.

Making the tournament over 30 years in a row is just an accident. This was a rebuilding year and they are a 3 seed. Come on. Look up the number of 3 star recruits they relied on overt the years. You may be surprised.

Reaction Score
Fascinating tournament. Lower seeds have collectively out played higher seeds

Reaction Score
And offensive rebounds. The fascination with 5 out offense is going to fade.
What Gonzaga has is pretty much perfect. It's 4 out with a dominant mobile big on the inside who is a great passer, rebounder, and also a great finisher.

Reaction Score
Making the tournament over 30 years in a row is just an accident. This was a rebuilding year and they are a 3 seed. Come on. Look up the number of 3 star recruits they relied on overt the years. You may be surprised.
If Calipari ever taught his players how to shoot free throws, Self would not even have a title. ;)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What Gonzaga has is pretty much perfect. It's 4 out with a dominant mobile big on the inside who is a great passer, rebounder, and also a great finisher.

Depending on defense. Sure. But I wonder how these teams would do against Olajuwon. Imagine no layups. None. Every shot you take inside is blocked. Can you keep hitting contested 3s? Maybe. Basketball is a fairly broken sport at the moment.

Reaction Score
Depending on defense. Sure. But I wonder how these teams would do against Olajuwon. Imagine no layups. None. Every shot you take inside is blocked. Can you keep hitting contested 3s? Maybe. Basketball is a fairly broken sport at the moment.
Defense?!??! Where we're going we don't need defense. Or layups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom