March Madeness Day 4 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

March Madeness Day 4

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you're a Kansas fan, the last thing you should be doing is looking past the 1/8-9 game...

No Kansas fan feels comfortable looking past the 1-16 game. They beat the 8 seed already. The 4-5 next week is Clemson or Auburn, both of which are very tough.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure how you figure that when MSU has a couple top 10 picks. Guess if you go by their high school ratings sure. I'm far from the only person who has said MSU is arguably the most talented team in the country this year.

So does Duke, with one being Top 3. And they likely have 4 first rounders. With 5 possible getting drafted overall. Duke quite literally has an NBA team.

Idk why other people claim that. Doesn't make sense too me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No Kansas fan feels comfortable looking past the 1-16 game. They beat the 8 seed already. The 4-5 next week is Clemson or Auburn, both of which are very tough.
Fair enough. Tells you how much I've paid attention to their end of the bracket.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Cuse zone confounds unfamiliar opponents. You’d think Duke will be ready. However, I have to admit, that zone was stifling today. It was executed perfectly.

They are so friggin long this year that it's tough. Duke shoots well though. And they are playing a zone too, which will mess with Cuse immensely.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They made a bunch of solid coaching hires 3 and 4 years ago. Those hires are beginning to pay their dividends.

I’ll phrase it differently, and the UGA and Ole Miss hires support this: they care. Other than Kentucky, LSU with Dale Brown, Arkansas under Richardson and Florida with Donovan, SEC schools just didn’t invest any time or effort into being good at basketball.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Interesting watching Texam do to unc what unc usually does to other teams with their size

Reaction Score
So does Duke, with one being Top 3. And they likely have 4 first rounders. With 5 possible getting drafted overall. Duke quite literally has an NBA team.

Idk why other people claim that. Doesn't make sense too me.

Because guys like Bilas that watch the games concluded that MSU had more talent, in their opinion.

Reaction Score
Because guys like Bilas that watch the games concluded that MSU had more talent, in their opinion.

It’s amazing that Jay Bilas notices anything that isn’t Duke... I guess even Coach K lets him up off his knees.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So much for all of the “Cuse doesn’t belong here”... damn. Just damn.
No
They still didn't belong there and anyone with a shred of intelligence and decency will look at the regular season/league tournament results and agree - no friggin way
IF Cuse had deserved to be in I would not be so pissed at the result today
In the end Izzo and the Picker both run sketchy and questionable programs so there is no winner
Any team that doesn't score from the floor for the last 6 minutes and missed 9 of their last shots in a tight game doesn't deserve to win in as much as a team that has a losing record in their league and doesn't win their league tournament has no right sniffing even the NIT

Reaction Score
Izzo is the perfect example to show how great Coach Calhoun was. Not in the same hemisphere, despite the media love affair. Throw Beheim in that too!!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This tournament sucks
No
They still didn't belong there and anyone with a shred of intelligence and decency will look at the regular season/league tournament results and agree - no friggin way
IF Cuse had deserved to be in I would not be so pissed at the result today
In the end Izzo and the Picker both run sketchy and questionable programs so there is no winner
Any team that doesn't score from the floor for the last 6 minutes and missed 9 of their last shots in a tight game doesn't deserve to win in as much as a team that has a losing record in their league and doesn't win their league tournament has no right sniffing even the NIT
That’s why I’m pissed. Second time this has happened in what, 3 years?

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Well, the talking heads can say what they want, but are you telling me they know more than NBA talent evaluators? And guys willing to drop guaranteed millions on players? Because I don't think that's the case. The draft will ultimately determine who had more talent.

And Jay doesn't do the research he used to. He doesn't have as strong of gravitas as 10 years ago or so. I would also say he usually plays down Duke to appear unbiased, or so it has appeared over the years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
let's go WolfPack!!

Really? Our conference is crapping the bed, and you want the one remaining team to go out? We need all the help we can get.

I get why @CAHUSKY has the Pack.

EDIT: or is that your reverse psych?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Texas A&M is huge and athletic
Tyler Davis keeps getting better and better

He’s been really impressive early on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors