March Madeness Day 4 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

March Madeness Day 4

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So now the sanctimonious -holes on the committee will feel secure in their brilliance in selecting the completely undeserving Syracuse. That’s the worst that could happen.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What are you watching? He swiped at the ball. Clearly.

That was worse than the one that got vital all fired up earlier this year. He grabbed him around the waist from behind

Reaction Score
Cuse now 7-1 in their last 8 tourney games. All as a double-digit seed.

Can't wait for Duke-Syracuse next week. Chamber of horrors.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That was worse than the one that got vital all fired up earlier this year. He grabbed him around the waist from behind

Sure, after he fouled him by swiping at the ball, to keep him from falling down.

Reaction Score
Who cares? This team isn't winning the title. They're going to get killed by Duke. Once Duke beat MSU, it was a trio of bad options. At least MSU can't get to 3 titles now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Who cares? This team isn't winning the title. They're going to get killed by Duke. Once Duke beat MSU, it was a trio of bad options. At least MSU can't get to 3 titles now.

And they are out of the path of my Jayhawks, so there’s that. I expected that they’d have to beat Duke anyway.

Reaction Score
This will be why UConn's fall from the elite will be so mind numbingly frustrating and painful.

We we're one of the only ones to beat these evil programs like Duke Kentucky and Syracuse when it counts. You trust the Gonzaga's, Michigan State's etc to do it? I don't. We will just have to sit and watch it. Ugh.

Reaction Score
I hate the media's hand jobs on Michigan St and Izzo so I'm cool with this. Plus Cuse will flame out.

Reaction Score

People thought MSU was going to kill them too. I might have to root for Duke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Horrible look for Izzo losing to this crappy Cuse team when MSU was arguably the most talented team in the country.

Duke has waaaaay more talent. But yes, MSU should have pasted them.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And they are out of the path of my Jayhawks, so there’s that. I expected that they’d have to beat Duke anyway.

Duke Kansas is going to be a fantastic game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So much for all of the “Cuse doesn’t belong here”... damn. Just damn.

Cuse is one of the great first 2 round tournament teams. Their zone and length confuses a lot of team not used to it. I'm surprised MSU wasn't one to get it done.

Reaction Score
Duke has waaaaay more talent. But yes, MSU should have pasted them.

Not sure how you figure that when MSU has a couple top 10 picks. Guess if you go by their high school ratings sure. I'm far from the only person who has said MSU is arguably the most talented team in the country this year.

Reaction Score
I hate the media's hand jobs on Michigan St and Izzo so I'm cool with this. Plus Cuse will flame out.

I know Izzo has gotten killed nearly every time he's faced North Carolina and Duke. He's certainly lost to us a couple of times. Wonder how he has done vs Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville, Syracuse, etc. He's a good coach but based on how he gets hyped? He seems to feast on the next tier of teams/coaches and loses to the blue bloods. Game was in Detroit and they looked unprepared.

Reaction Score
The Cuse zone confounds unfamiliar opponents. You’d think Duke will be ready. However, I have to admit, that zone was stifling today. It was executed perfectly.

Reaction Score
Izzo's only won it all once but has managed to get MSU to a billion FFs, so there's the hype.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Here is my overall college hoops observation. The SEC has become a monster. Still behind the ACC, but a league that in years past struggled to get 3 teams in is now probably the second best conference.

Looked at the recruiting rankings, and apart from Duke’s insane class, what stuck out to me was that both Vandy and Mississippi State have top ten classes.

So the SEC has UK, Florida, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Missouri and Arkansas all in the tournament. Georgia and Ole Miss have new coaches. LSU was solid and NIT level. South Carolina is just off a final four. Then two other teams have great classes closing in. When did this happen?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Duke Kansas is going to be a fantastic game.

Duke’s size really worries me. KU has better guard play. Gotta win the next one first.

Reaction Score
Duke’s size really worries me. KU has better guard play. Gotta win the next one first.
If you're a Kansas fan, the last thing you should be doing is looking past the 1/8-9 game...

Reaction Score
Here is my overall college hoops observation. The SEC has become a monster. Still behind the ACC, but a league that in years past struggled to get 3 teams in is now probably the second best conference.

Looked at the recruiting rankings, and apart from Duke’s insane class, what stuck out to me was that both Vandy and Mississippi State have top ten classes.

So the SEC has UK, Florida, Tennessee, A&M, Auburn, Alabama, Missouri and Arkansas all in the tournament. Georgia and Ole Miss have new coaches. LSU was solid and NIT level. South Carolina is just off a final four. Then two other teams have great classes closing in. When did this happen?

They made a bunch of solid coaching hires 3 and 4 years ago. Those hires are beginning to pay their dividends.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Sophie's damn choice coming up. Go Duke I guess.

Def dook. I mean, they have an NBA team, so who cares?

But if Syracuse beat them, I'd be physically ill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom