Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
EwpM2HaXEAMMgN4

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Do you have a guess on this one?

I have a couple but that's all they are, guesses. A week ago I would've guessed not UConn. Geno's comments earlier this week give me hope though I'm a bit of a pessimist by nature. Pretty ironic that a recruit gave him a recent verbal but hasn't announced anywhere at the same time AP makes her decision. Whatever program she has chosen has surely been alerted by now. All that jives with Geno's comments.

Fingers and toes crossed as I believe Patterson has as much upside as any player in the class.

Reaction Score
I also believe that if a Patterson chooses to come along with Brady than the possible third and fourth recruit might be a European player excited to just come to UConn and maybe an Irwin/Bent type great teammate player to round out the team.

I'm looking forward to going back to the full roster days where there were several players who just worked really hard and were happy to be there to develop their game.
The younger Muhl is Class of 22

Reaction Score
With ICE and AP officially committed we look scary. If we add one more guard, we will be TERRIFYING. I know Kiki is good friends with Saylor and a few other girls on our team. It’s early but if we get her...game over.
I’d be happy with just those two but think one more guard would finish off the class nicely. Geno has been killing the recruiting game lately.

Reaction Score
With ICE and AP officially committed we look scary. If we add one more guard, we will be TERRIFYING. I know Kiki is good friends with Saylor and a few other girls on our team. It’s early but if we get her...game over.
I’d be happy with just those two but think one more guard would finish off the class nicely. Geno has been killing the recruiting game lately.
Well, game not over, but I can’t disagree with the rest. I think your next point guard will be from the2023 class.

Reaction Score
We're so terrifying that I'm terrified! What if Dawn Staley hates us? Oh!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Williamsville South is pulling out all the stops to try and keep their varsity team's season alive.

Coach Kristin Dolan said the Billies will use their junior varsity team for Tuesday’s quarterfinal game at South against West Seneca East.

Should the JV team defeat West Seneca East's varsity team, South's varsity girls’ pause is expected to be over in time for Thursday’s semifinal round contest, which could be a third installment of the Battle of Main Street should seeding hold as Amherst is the No. 2 seed in A-2. The JV players would remain on varsity.

“It’s going to be a mountain to climb, but our JV girls will give it their best,” Dolan said. “I can’t be in the gym coaching them these next few days, but I’m already breaking down game film and seeing what we can do to help put these girls in the best possible position.”

Reaction Score
The chaos is not confined to the team. McGraw’s Bench has become as combative as VolNation, with numerous ND fans criticizing the new HC for everything from disrespecting former ND AC Cunningham, losing 3 players to the transfer portal to her decision not to compete in the WNIT.

The decision to opt out of the WNIT is particularly vexing. One ND fan pointed out the hypocrisy of the HC’s position. She was perfectly willing to compete in the NCAA’s, but cited “injury concerns” as a justification for opting out of the WNIT.
I imagine some programs opt out of the WNIT because senior starters don't see it worth the risk of injury (putting their opportunities to play professionally at risk) playing in the lesser tournament. I believe that is what "injury concerns" is about. Not saying its a good excuse, but players do often appear have a say in whether they will play in the 'NIT.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some programs opt out of the WNIT because senior starters don't see it worth the risk of injury (putting their opportunities to play professionally at risk) playing in the lesser tournament. I believe that is what "injury concerns" is about. Not saying its a good excuse, but players do often appear have a say in whether they will play in the 'NIT.
All I can report is what I read on the Bench. The decision was Ivey’s alone. In addition ND doesn’t have any seniors with bright careers in the pros, imo. Many ND fans point out how numerous schools around the country used an NIT bid to elevate their program into annual trips to the NCAA tournament including: Oregon, UCLA, Ms St, NC St and even MM’s ND teams from years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom