March 2021 Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

March 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It appears UConn is now showing interest in 2023 Kamorea "KK" Arnold of Germantown, Wisconsin, a 5-9 sophomore PG who is ranked 5th at ESPN/PBR, 8th at Blue Star, and 12th at ASGR.

Arnold just helped her team win the Division 1 state title with a 31-point, 8 assist performance.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
It appears UConn is now showing interest in 2023 Kamorea "KK" Arnold of Germantown, Wisconsin, a 5-9 sophomore PG who is ranked 5th at ESPN/PBR, 8th at Blue Star, and 12th at ASGR.

Arnold just helped her team win the Division 1 state title with a 31-point, 8 assist performance.

Dan Olson: "Athletic lead-guard armed with a scorer's mentality; explosive in transition game, slices through the defense, motors and distributes; explosive 1-on-1 creator with mid-range game delivery that extends to the arc."

BTW, She received offer from ND in early August 2020. Jada Williams, a point guard in the same class from Blue Springs, Mo., got an offer from Niele in mid-July 2020. Niele obviously think getting in a PG to back up/work with Olivia for two years is a good idea.

Here, courtesy of the Bench's Baba Ghanouj are some highlights from said championship game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

SCar is also showing strong interest in Arnold despite the strongly held fan conviction that 2023 hometowner, Malaysia Fulwiley, is the pg of the future in that class.

Reaction Score

Wow! @CocoHusky wait until you see this kid. Go to YouTube and watch the video of her FR highlights. Couldn’t be a freshman. Strong legs, some of the quickest feet I’ve seen, she’s a jet. High energy and completely ambidextrous and can break down and yo-yo a defense like no FR I’ve seen. And the 3 ball is no problem.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Wow! @CocoHusky wait until you see this kid. Go to YouTube and watch the video of her FR highlights. Couldn’t be a freshman. Strong legs, some of the quickest feet I’ve seen, she’s a jet. High energy and completely ambidextrous and can break down and yo-yo a defense like no FR I’ve seen. And the 3 ball is no problem.

If you just want 6 minutes, just go above....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like her enough to revise my '23 Guard wish list. Rationale: Jocyte will likely turn pro, I don't see Watkins leaving Cali & I think Williams ends up somewhere that will let her play both softball and basketball at a very high level- Arizona, Texas or LSU maybe.
  1. Juste Jocyte
  2. Malaysia Fulwiley
  3. Judea Watkins
  4. Mikaylah Williams
  5. Kamorea Arnold
  6. Chloe Clardy
  7. Ashlyn Shade.

Reaction Score
I like her enough to revise my '23 Guard wish list. Rationale: Jocyte will likely turn pro, I don't see Watkins leaving Cali & I think Williams ends up somewhere that will let her play both softball and basketball at a very high level- Arizona, Texas or LSU maybe.
  1. Juste Jocyte
  2. Malaysia Fulwiley
  3. Judea Watkins
  4. Mikaylah Williams
  5. Kamorea Arnold
  6. Chloe Clardy
  7. Ashlyn Shade.
I think Fulwiley buys Staley’s pitch and stays home at SC. I’ll go with #1 Arnold and #2 Shade.

Reaction Score
I think Fulwiley buys Staley’s pitch and stays home at SC. I’ll go with #1 Arnold and #2 Shade.
While many - maybe most - players will chose a contender from their hometown, some can’t wait to get out of that town.

Dawn offered Milaysia in April 2018. She offered KK in April 2020. My view is she’s not counting on a commitment from the hometown gal. KK is so good, she’s not just “insurance.”

Reaction Score
While many - maybe most - players will chose a contender from their hometown, some can’t wait to get out of that town.

Dawn offered Milaysia in April 2018. She offered KK in April 2020. My view is she’s not counting on a commitment from the hometown gal. KK is so good, she’s not just “insurance.”
That's the truth. She may even wind up as the preferred.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KK Bransford up for MaxPreps Ohio HS athlete of the week for two playoff performances. The second I noted in the last recruit thread.

* KK Bransford, Mount Notre Dame (Cincinnati) Girls Basketball
Junior had 28 points, 10 rebounds, eight steals and five assists in a D-I district semifinal win over Turpin and 26 points, nine rebounds and six assists in a district final win over Lakota East.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

:eek: Hold up! When did Dawn start going the Jeff Waltz route? In April 2018 Milaysia would have been in 7th grade?

Reaction Score
:eek: Hold up! When did Dawn start going the Jeff Waltz route? In April 2018 Milaysia would have been in 7th grade?

Milaysia led her team to the state finals on our floor that year. Prior to this year, Dawn always attended hs state finals on our floor -unless the Cock's have an away game. Milaysia was offered right after the state finals.

Yes, Joyce Edwards and other SC gals have also been offered at young ages right after state finals. Outstanding offers at a young age following SC championships include Ashlyn Watkins, Talaysia Cooper, Milaysia, and Joyce Edwards. State hs coaches like it - especially when the gal offered is one of their players. Our offer spurs interest by other schools.

Jeff Walz? Not quite. He has repoortedly made over 30 offers to the 2022 class, Dawn has made 10. (Assuming that reported offers are real.)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/3

Paulina Paris: 24 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds

Paris has an edge to her that UConn could really use.

Anger played a part in Paris being more aggressive in the third quarter.

“I feel like if you’re going full court, it’s dumb to just pull (the ball) back out, so if I just go, something will happen off of it,” she said. “I was mad because every time I breathed on a girl, it was a foul, so I was just trying to get to the basket. The calls weren’t being reciprocated my way, so I decided to be more aggressive and see what I could do for myself and for my team.”

Her scoring ability was not the only thing she showcased on Wednesday. Her nine assists are a season-high, and in the first half, she faked a pass to a shooter in the corner before finishing at the rim. When she is assertive and in a scoring mode, she is hard to stop.

“No. No,” said Paris, when asked if anyone can stop her when she’s aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom