March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 15 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think there is enough room in the entire sports world for two “Action” Jacksons.
Don't forget this guy!
aja.jpg

Reaction Score
Azzi will be announcing her verbal sometime during the summer, signing her NLI in November. Is that correct?
Possibly. But she also may do what Williams and ONO did and just make it public in Nov. when she signs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi will be announcing her verbal sometime during the summer, signing her NLI in November. Is that correct?
We have no idea. Don't count on that. I expect a decision by November, but a friend of mine thinks Azzi may decide after November, as Sabrina and Shoni did. Patience, my friends!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there any chance UConn is looking at unknown foreigners?
Hopefully UCONN is always looking. The two best international prospects I have see are
Gisela Sanchez of Spain and Toby Fournier from Canada. Fournier is the dunker & has been the subject of multiple BY threads. I would need to see more than just dunking to evaluate her game.
Youngbuckets twitter has a pretty extensive break down of Sanchez game including this one. Sanchez is a 4/3 hybrid with a good size 6'3" for the position and a pretty complete skill set. She is very very good defensively.
Unfortunately players with Sanchez talent level from Spain don't end up in the US for college.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It will be a hard task to recruit foreign players while the travel ban is in effect.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It will be a hard task to recruit foreign players while the travel ban is in effect.
Agree but we are talking class of 2021 at the earliest. If this thing has not subsided by them to include the lifting of the travel ban then God help us all and recruiting will be the least of our daily problems.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Who do we still think/hope is in the UCONN mix from HS class of 2021?

Have I missed anyone? Your thoughts?

I think McPherson, Iriafen, Ducharme, Fudd, Hollingshead, and Von Oelhoffen are all in play. Other possibilities include Miles, Rivers, Harmon, and Key.

Reaction Score
Hopefully UCONN is always looking. The two best international prospects I have see are
Gisela Sanchez of Spain and Toby Fournier from Canada. Fournier is the dunker & has been the subject of multiple BY threads. I would need to see more than just dunking to evaluate her game.
Youngbuckets twitter has a pretty extensive break down of Sanchez game including this one. Sanchez is a 4/3 hybrid with a good size 6'3" for the position and a pretty complete skill set. She is very very good defensively.
Unfortunately players with Sanchez talent level from Spain don't end up in the US for college.

I like how matter of fact she is after the block. As if she has been there before.

Reaction Score
I think that would be the ideal 3. all can play multiple positions but brings something different to the team. All rumored to be great kids too.
We need a another power forward 6'2" that match up with top five teams as our 5'10 forward can not get their shots off near basket and also our center gets in foul trouble too. Players get injured as Kayla did.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We need a another power forward 6'2" that match up with top five teams as our 5'10 forward can not get their shots off near basket and also our center gets in foul trouble too. Players get injured as Kayla did.
I think you mean Kyla. Edwards & Gabriel, then DeBerry , then Brady is going to have to hold that spot down for the foreseeable future. Unless Kiki heads East, Jillian heads North or UCONN mines the transfer portal or the foreign exchange.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like how matter of fact she is after the block. As if she has been there before.
There is a matter of fact attitude about her whole game kind of like Napheesa Collier in that she makes things look easy and everything required to beat you. Here is a more extensive look at whole game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Agree but we are talking class of 2021 at the earliest. If this thing has not subsided by them to include the lifting of the travel ban then God help us all and recruiting will be the least of our daily problems.
I agree. Thanks for the clarification.

Reaction Score

I really just think UConn. I'm basing the also rans off a comment she wrote on IG where Paige joked that she was a husky emoji then Azzi joked back with the MD, Oregon and Baylor emojis. I don't see ND based on the losing record last year. I'd have love to seen her go to Stanford but I think the pull from Paige and closer proximity to family puts UConn well ahead

Reaction Score
I think you mean Kyla. Edwards & Gabriel, then DeBerry , then Brady is going to have to hold that spot down for the foreseeable future. Unless Kiki heads East, Jillian heads North or UCONN mines the transfer portal or the foreign exchange.
Thanks for spelling tip.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Could be wrong, but I don't recall this Azzi Fudd piece being posted here.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Brenda showing restraint :rolleyes:

Even continuing to play two years up, she was bigger and more skilled than most of the kids. She dominated as a sixth-grader playing in eighth-grade AAU tournaments. One day that year, she wound up in the University of Maryland women's basketball office. Brenda Frese, Maryland head coach, sat at her desk across from Azzi and offered her a college scholarship.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think I saw it before. Not sure if it was posted here or not.

A couple of things about the SC 3-point contest video. Azzi shot poorly in that by her standards. She also beat all the boys in 2019, as she had done in 2018. Watch her hand and wrist, especially in the follow through. Her follow-through reminds me of Lou's. And the only hands that compare belong to #23 shown below:

Another point on Azzi. She won a national free throw shooting contest while in elementary school. She has had that great shot--Katie's shot--for a long time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brenda showing restraint :rolleyes:

Even continuing to play two years up, she was bigger and more skilled than most of the kids. She dominated as a sixth-grader playing in eighth-grade AAU tournaments. One day that year, she wound up in the University of Maryland women's basketball office. Brenda Frese, Maryland head coach, sat at her desk across from Azzi and offered her a college scholarship.

It is time to pass a rule restricting all contact until High School.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom