March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged] | Page 14 | The Boneyard

March 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like they just recently started awarding women so no for Kia.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi will be announcing her verbal sometime during the summer, signing her NLI in November. Is that correct?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some audio of Coach Amy Poffenbarger talking about Saylor's commitment last November. Starts at the 14:00 mark.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great stuff.

Interesting how hard Geno was pushing her recruitment. And as far as competitors, she liked Brenda alot :confused:
but UConn was her DREAM !!!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To be different, Reaction Jackson. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rori Harmon:
Who do we still think/hope is in the UCONN mix from HS class of 2021?
Azzi-Still all in duh!
Olivia Miles-IDK she is a gifted passer but would have to increase defense and efficiency to be UCONN fit.
Saniya Rivers-I hope so. Likely not though too much alpha/talent to share minutes.
Aaliyah Moore-Doubtful crickets for a while now & Baylor appears to be all in.
Payton Verhulst-Doubtful too much alpha/talent to share minutes
Kiki Iriafen- I hope so but... Academics and geography favor Stanford
Talia Oelhoffen- Likely not, crickets for a while now since October time frame.
Rayah Marshall- Very doubtful Crickets for a while now since October time frame & UCONN got Saylor!
Kayla McPherson-Likely not it has been well over a year since we heard anything.
Sonia Citron-Likely not Stanford is the school most rumored.
Caroline Ducharme-Still heavy mutual interest here. When you make an unofficial visit with Azzi Fudd and Amari DeBerry you better be serious about UCONN. I think it’s UCONN or Princeton for Caroline.
Jersey Wolfenbarger-Likely not as she is leaning towards Arkansas or staying in the South.
Rori Harmon-I’m confused/ conflicted here. Don’t see the good fit because she must play PG due her size. She will be a tough pull from Texas but UCONN interest if anything has increased since the fall.
Teonni Key-Likely not, crickets for a while now since ~ October time frame
Jillian Hollingshead-IDK depends if UCONN is still looking for a big forward to complete this class that could be either Iriafen or Hollingshead.

Have I missed anyone? Your thoughts?

Reaction Score
Azzi-Still all in duh!
Olivia Miles-IDK she is a gifted passer but would have to increase defense and efficiency to be UCONN fit.
Saniya Rivers-I hope so. Likely not though too much alpha/talent to share minutes.
Rayah Marshall- Very doubtful Crickets for a while now since October time frame & UCONN got Saylor!
Kayla McPherson-Likely not it has been well over a year since we heard anything.
Caroline Ducharme-Still heavy mutual interest here. When you make an unofficial visit with Azzi Fudd and Amari DeBerry you better be serious about UCONN. I think it’s UCONN or Princeton for Caroline.
Jersey Wolfenbarger-Likely not as she is leaning towards Arkansas or staying in the South.
Rori Harmon-I’m confused/ conflicted here. Don’t see the good fit because she must play PG due her size. She will be a tough pull from Texas but UCONN interest if anything has increased since the fall.
Jillian Hollingshead-IDK depends if UCONN is still looking for a big forward to complete this class that could be either Iriafen or Hollingshead.

I see a class of 3.
Deberry, Poffenbarger and Fudd.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi-Still all in duh!

I think the most activity I've heard about recently has been with Azzi, Kiki, and Caroline. I would love to add them to Amari and Saylor.

For Kiki, I can see both UCLA and Stanford in play, in addition to UConn.

Is there any chance UConn is looking at unknown foreigners?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some audio of Coach Amy Poffenbarger talking about Saylor's commitment last November. Starts at the 14:00 mark.

Coach Amy was very pleasant when @RoadWarrior and I chatted after Saylor's game. In addition, her team is very well coached. Saylor is the athletic stud on the team, but the other kids play really smart.

Reaction Score
I think there is enough room in the entire sports world for two “Action” Jacksons.
Make that 3. Don't forget WR Harold Jackson in the '70s and early '80s. Dandy Don Meredith called him Action Jackson from Disco Tech. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom