Marc Edelman has too much time on his hands... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marc Edelman has too much time on his hands...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You people are chuckleheads.

He's an unpaid blogger filling empty space with his ego.

He's not journalist, he's not a columnist...he's writing pretty message board posts.

Who cares?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Just so it's clear, Tony Terzi isn't in agreement with anything this Edelman said. He's just looking to tweet anything that gets his name out there.
To his credit, this was his response to that ridiculous op-ed BS:

"You’re kidding, right? If Randy Edsall is guilty, then so is every FBS level college football program. Furthermore, why should Edsall did not recruit this young man. The previous coach did. Look, players change the school they verbally commit to more than they do their socks. If, as the young man’s parents suggested, Randy Edsall GUARANTEED that he would honor the scholarship, then coach Edsall has some explaining to do. Unless we find that out with certainty, this is a non-story."

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

He's not journalist, he's not a columnist...he's writing pretty message board posts.

Who cares?
IrishLoop beat you to the wet blanket post.

Reaction Score
Just so it's clear, Tony Terzi isn't in agreement with anything this Edelman said. He's just looking to tweet anything that gets his name out there.
To his credit, this was his response to that ridiculous op-ed BS:

"You’re kidding, right? If Randy Edsall is guilty, then so is every FBS level college football program. Furthermore, why should Edsall did not recruit this young man. The previous coach did. Look, players change the school they verbally commit to more than they do their socks. If, as the young man’s parents suggested, Randy Edsall GUARANTEED that he would honor the scholarship, then coach Edsall has some explaining to do. Unless we find that out with certainty, this is a non-story."

Missed his comment in the actual article... it was the repackaging for his local Fox61 use that irked me.

Reaction Score

Who cares?

In today's media that's a distinction without much of a difference. If you go Forbes' home page, the top stories listed are both by staff writers and contributors and they are treated and presented the same way. It looks like every other article I read from Forbes. At the end of the day he's still a jackass whether he's a staff writer or contributor.

Reaction Score

Who cares?
Here is his response to me:

Hi <>:

Thank you for writing. While all of the situations you mention are embarrassing, the UConn situation is distinct based on its timing and alleged recent reassurances of the scholarship offer by the coach. It is also distinct because it was the subject of a Washington Post report and not mere hearsay.

It is okay to root for UConn sports. I happen to like their men's and women's basketball teams and have no ill will toward their football program. However, one should not use fandom as a guide to justify immoral conduct. Nor should one use "they were bad too" to justify bad behavior.

I have criticized many coaches at many programs over the years. Feel free to review my full archive or any of my published academic work.

Best regards,
Marc

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 26, 2017, at 11:42 AM, <> <> wrote:
>
> When will you write articles about every other school that has done this? Michigan has done it, Alabama has done, crickets from you. I have to conclude you're related to the young man that whined, or you're just a partisan hack. Don't forget to mention the multiple decommits from UConn (pre-incident). This stuff happens to every school. Do a little more research next time.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

I replied that he had only heard one side of the story, thanks to the NCAA's own rules, and that I was sick of the NCAA and the media scapegoating UConn. Told him I haven't forgiven the NCAA for the double punishment for the APR, including one retroactively. Haven't heard anything back. Don't expect to, but I hope he got my message.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I heard he was turned down by UConn law school.

UConn envy baby

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
His reply was a bucket of weak excuses for a hit piece wth zero balace or perspective. He got smoked in the comments section.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom