Mamoudou Diarra | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There is very little information available about this kid, his name popped up on the Cincinnati radar last summer and I know our staff was very high on him at the time but then he randomly committed to Washington. My guess, like most international recruits, his "handlers" will be handling his recruitment.
Ugh that picture

Reaction Score
What's up with us and African players? I don't mean African-American, I mean African. They're always projects that first picked up a basketball three years ago but have immeasurable 'upside' that never amount to anything. There are plenty of good players in the US that have played ball since they were five years old. Let's go gets one of them.

Are you really questioning whether we should continue to follow the plot to The Air Up There...

It worked for Kevin Bacon. It HAS to work for us!

Reaction Score
Okafor was born in the US. Bad example. Thabeet was a project who was a great shot blocker who sucked offensively. Even after several years he still brought the ball down where little guys could steal it instead of going up strong. Drove me crazy. Is he still playing?

Right. Let's trash All Big East and Honorable Mention All American level players who helped us to a Final Four because of their NBA careers (or lack of one) so we can instead continue on with the level of Centers we have had since. Tool.

Reaction Score
this thread got me to re-watch some old mixtapes on our Diarra last night. I really hope he is healthy for this upcoming season. All of his game is derived from the power in his legs so it's a concern he has such balky knees but his physicality is desperately needed on this team. The guy dunks the hell out of the ball. He's 6'8 and has a 7'2 wingspan. If he can add more muscle, which he appears o have the build for, he would fall into a similar role as Jordan Bell. We really haven't had many updates on his health, but no news could be good news here. The way things look in the frontcourt right now we could be relying on Diarra to grab a bunch of boards.

Reaction Score
this thread got me to re-watch some old mixtapes on our Diarra last night. I really hope he is healthy for this upcoming season. All of his game is derived from the power in his legs so it's a concern he has such balky knees but his physicality is desperately needed on this team. The guy dunks the hell out of the ball. He's 6'8 and has a 7'2 wingspan. If he can add more muscle, which he appears o have the build for, he would fall into a similar role as Jordan Bell. We really haven't had many updates on his health, but no news could be good news here. The way things look in the frontcourt right now we could be relying on Diarra to grab a bunch of boards.
Bell had more bounce and was up for the title of best shot blocker in his class in HS. He was also more skilled and took a few jumpers. I like Diarra a lot, but that's a lofty comparison.

As for updates, Diarra was practicing at the end of the season. You may have heard that, but that's definitely a positive.

Reaction Score

Yeah we really want Diarra to 'clog the lane' for us, so to speak

Reaction Score
Hearing positive things about Mamodou Diarra from a talent standpoint, but on the flip side, eligibility could be tough for him to get this year.

Reaction Score
I'm not a doctor, but I am at a loss as to how a person with chronic knee issues (Diarra1) can be in a position to help us? Nowhere have I seen/read that time off was the only option to putting this young man back in action. When the rigors of college basketball conditioning and practice begin to show itself again, will the knees take it? I certaily hope so.

I could be wrong but my senses tell me he was throw in for potentially landing Diallo. It has happened before Jamal Coombs-McDaniel to land Oriakhi.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I love all of these posters taking my comments out of contexts. My message was that I prefer American players rather than project players that have barely played basketball in their home countries. I agree Thabeet was a good contributor by of Wane, Deng, Majok (anyone I missed?) etc, would you say any had good careers at UCONN. Wane was one of my all-time favorites but he was a space eater. Prove my opinion wrong instead of posting attacks.

Reaction Score
I love all of these posters taking my comments out of contexts. My message was that I prefer American players rather than project players that have barely played basketball in their home countries. I agree Thabeet was a good contributor by of Wane, Deng, Majok (anyone I missed?) etc, would you say any had good careers at UCONN. Wane was one of my all-time favorites but he was a space eater. Prove my opinion wrong instead of posting attacks.
Brimah would be the other obvious one mixed results but without the "and 1" vs st joes shabazz isn't shabazz and title 4 doesn't exist

Reaction Score
If Mick Cronin wanted him that's all I need to know!!!!!!

Seriously, though if coupled with a shooter and a good grad transfer at the 5 i'm for it. Chillious opens a lot of things up for us that weren't in play imo.

Reaction Score

I'm not really sure what you're saying. Is your point that you would rather take a kid who comes in skilled and ready to contribute from jump street over a kid who's raw and needs time to develop? Because as far as observations go, that's like Chief saying the staff needs to focus on making kids commit rather than just recruiting them.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Brimah would be the other obvious one mixed results but without the "and 1" vs st joes shabazz isn't shabazz and title 4 doesn't exist
IF any of the shots throughout that game didn't go in for UConn and you don't have #4 but you still have Shabazz

Reaction Score
IF any of the shots throughout that game didn't go in for UConn and you don't have #4 but you still have Shabazz
That's an idiotic comment. Obviously all shots play a role in that game but if we shoot 100% we win by 30, the fact is down 3 with 40 seconds if we don't get that offensive rebound and tie the game the chances to win go down dramatically. If you think Shabazz is talked about in the same breath as Kemba Ray Hamilton and Okafor without that shot you're crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom