Mamoudou Diarra | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What's up with us and African players? I don't mean African-American, I mean African. They're always projects that first picked up a basketball three years ago but have immeasurable 'upside' that never amount to anything. There are plenty of good players in the US that have played ball since they were five years old. Let's go gets one of them.
Thabeet and Okafor totally sucked.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some scouting info from 247!

With all of the talent that the Huskies are bringing in, Mamoudou Diarra, who played for the Gateway on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit, plans on bringing the Huskies "a different dimension. I can play four different spots on the court." Coach Scott Schroepfer added, "His strengths are his motor and his versatility. He can play the wing. He played the three and the four for us. He's got great lateral quickness, a 7'2" wingspan, and he's athletic. His areas for improvement are his perimeter shooting, which is getting better. His passing is getting better. His defensive motor has gone from a two to a twelve. The lights come on and he's just ready to play both ends of the floor."

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Thabeet and Okafor totally sucked.
Okafor was born in the US. Bad example. Thabeet was a project who was a great shot blocker who sucked offensively. Even after several years he still brought the ball down where little guys could steal it instead of going up strong. Drove me crazy. Is he still playing?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Chev's the one from uconnball right? wayyy back in the day
Chev was the man. Best inside info on this board until he had a feud with another poster over who had the best info. Sound familiar?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We are Grambling.

Reaction Score
Okafor was born in the US. Bad example. Thabeet was a project who was a great shot blocker who sucked offensively. Even after several years he still brought the ball down where little guys could steal it instead of going up strong. Drove me crazy. Is he still playing?
Who are all these American big men we've gotten who are better than Thabeet?

Reaction Score
What's up with us and African players? I don't mean African-American, I mean African. They're always projects that first picked up a basketball three years ago but have immeasurable 'upside' that never amount to anything. There are plenty of good players in the US that have played ball since they were five years old. Let's go gets one of them.
Never amount to anything? Thabeet was second team AA and national defensive player of the year you numbskull.

Reaction Score
Chev was the man. Best inside info on this board until he had a feud with another poster over who had the best info. Sound familiar?
Chev is absolutely dialed in.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's hilarious

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Never amount to anything? Thabeet was second team AA and national defensive player of the year you numbskull.

Putting it nicer than I would have. Excellent restraint displayed there.

Reaction Score
Apparently yes, in the Phillipines

Mighty Sports - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
Mamadou is the west African form of Muhammad. And diarra is a popular surname as well, similar to ndiaye or obi. Though it would be kinda wild if we had two.

His list is legit, held offers from Marquette ,Colorado , ksu, cincy, and mizzou.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If UConn has a double dose of Diarra and they have similar results to the Marshall and Marshall teams, I'll take it.

Reaction Score
If UConn has a double dose of Diarra and they have similar results to the Marshall and Marshall teams, I'll take it.

Did anyone else think for a second that he wants the team to perish in an airplane mishap?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
There is very little information available about this kid, his name popped up on the Cincinnati radar last summer and I know our staff was very high on him at the time but then he randomly committed to Washington. My guess, like most international recruits, his "handlers" will be handling his recruitment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do you recall which poster?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If we get them both, I expect there to be lots of "yo mama" jokes directed at the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom