Mamoudou Diarra | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We need bodies. It can't hurt to give him a look (look as in "go over his tape, make a few phone calls," not "offer him right now, enroll him, and hope he pans out").

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
How is this possible? I'm even more confused than normal...

Reaction Score
Since I have decided to go full blown optimist at the moment, I will point out that Washington has a recent history of spotting undervalued talent. Chillious at work? IDK. He was the guy, as @James pointed out, that first spotted future top 2 pick Fultz playing JV and said he would be an All Star if he grew. Guys like Murray and Chriss last year were Vance Jackson tier recruits and ended up being 1 and done 1st rounders. I think most services had them between 45-55 and Vance was in the 70's or so. And yea, we need bodies. This guy is more of a Carlton tier recruit but I will be interested in following this development.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Since I have decided to go full blown optimist at the moment, I will point out that Washington has a recent history of spotting undervalued talent. Chillious at work? IDK. He was the guy, as @James pointed out, that first spotted future top 2 pick Fultz playing JV and said he would be an All Star if he grew. Guys like Murray and Chriss last year were Vance Jackson tier recruits and ended up being 1 and done 1st rounders. I think most services had them between 45-55 and Vance was in the 70's or so. And yea, we need bodies. This guy is more of a Carlton tier recruit but I will be interested in following this development.
If this Chillious guy can recruit like Calipari up in this biotch, that would be insane.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If this Chillious guy can recruit like Calipari up in this biotch, that would be insane.
We don't even need that. We just need him to make sure we don't miss on the next Bonzie Colson, Bruce Brown, Tyrique Jones, etc. If we can sprinkle in the occasional Markelle Fultz that'd be nice, but I'm more interested in getting the right 4-stars than in overloading on 5-stars.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We don't even need that. We just need him to make sure we don't miss on the next Bonzie Colson, Bruce Brown, Tyrique Jones, etc. If we can sprinkle in the occasional Markelle Fultz that'd be nice, but I'm more interested in getting the right 4-stars than in overloading on 5-stars.
I just want to overload on stars, period.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Got to get him.
Dicki V - "UConn has two diaper dandies"!
We can have a Diarra duel!
Who can do the dew better!
No ! UConn has two Diarras?
No Verne that was Mamadou who scored not Mamoudou. Verne's reply "Well they both have diarrhea so who cares.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
What's up with us and African players? I don't mean African-American, I mean African. They're always projects that first picked up a basketball three years ago but have immeasurable 'upside' that never amount to anything. There are plenty of good players in the US that have played ball since they were five years old. Let's go gets one of them.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
dr-seuss-coloring-pages-thing-1-and-thing-2-Thing-One-And-Thing-Two-Viewing-Gallery-940x1015.jpg

Reaction Score
What's up with us and African players? I don't mean African-American, I mean African. They're always projects that first picked up a basketball three years ago but have immeasurable 'upside' that never amount to anything. There are plenty of good players in the US that have played ball since they were five years old. Let's go gets one of them.

Whats up with Africans in college basketball in general. There are so many of them!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
images.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99