Mamoudou Diarra update | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Mamoudou Diarra update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
-So when we had a chance at him a few weeks ago, he's our number 1 priority, everyone seemed to be all excited about this kid.

-Now that we aren't getting him, it doesn't matter, because he would just be another body and the staff should focus on filling scholarships for 2018.

Weird how that works on The Boneyard...

I, for one, was really hoping this kid could come here, and am really disappointed if it's true that the staff was recruiting him as a "5". Seemed like he flew under the radar, and could be a really nice stretch big guy. I don't think he's "just another body".
We really wanted him because we dont have any bodies. Its not because he was this uber talented player

Reaction Score
We have to assume KO & Chill thought likewise, or they would have been more willing to tell Diarra something he wanted to hear. Maybe they think our Diarra is better at PF and the only place he would have added value is as a 5..
Yeah, don't think they love him.....hope we get a surprise from Waters otherwise 2017 is about competent temporary backups at this point.

The 2017-2018 team will live or die with JA, Larrier, AG & Vital being healthy and playing stellar....which they are more than capable of. Anderson played 30 mins per game in the A10 so he can play, if he gives us 20 solid mins will be huge. Need Cobb to be ready and capable of playing 25 mins at this level. The combination of Diarra, Polley & Carlton will need to contribute rebounds and defense....hopefully 2 of them emerge to give us solid mins.

9 scholarship players is not ideal, we need a couple more transfers (or a surprise)......but the core is solid if they can stay healthy....so that means not 38 mins a game, especially against lesser teams.

Reaction Score
-So when we had a chance at him a few weeks ago, he's our number 1 priority, everyone seemed to be all excited about this kid.

-Now that we aren't getting him, it doesn't matter, because he would just be another body and the staff should focus on filling scholarships for 2018.

I, for one, was really hoping this kid could come here, and am really disappointed if it's true that the staff was recruiting him as a "5". Seemed like he flew under the radar, and could be a really nice stretch big guy. I don't think he's "just another body". But then again, what do I know.

Guess you don't read other school's forums much.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
BL you don't understand young Bigs, especially ones that have not had great Bigs coaching. They develop differently than guards. Enoch is going to be a good player and he is a huge loss. Don't go by last seasons statistics.

I can also tell you this defense centric recruiting strategy is doomed to failure, as we are seeing. Yeah, we all know defense is important winning games but kids today want to go to a school they think will make them an offensive star. The narrative needs to be spun where they can visualize themselves scoring points. This positionless stuff leaves one with a big blank impression. It needs to be more specific how you can score baskets.

I have assumed, I thought logically, that when you're selling "positionless" basketball, it means you're selling the Golden State offense, i.e., the opposite of what you're saying.

Reaction Score

I, for one, was really hoping this kid could come here, and am really disappointed if it's true that the staff was recruiting him as a "5". Seemed like he flew under the radar, and could be a really nice stretch big guy. I don't think he's "just another body". But then again, what do I know.
Same thing with dating. If you ask a girl out and she says no then whatever, she's not even that hot anyways.

pj

Reaction Score
Same thing with dating. If you ask a girl out and she says no then whatever, she's not even that hot anyways.

In this case she went out on a date, then stopped returning phone calls.

Whatever, she wasn't that hot. Well, she was hot, but not that hot.

Reaction Score
Cincy official
upload_2017-4-28_15-52-19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members