Makurat to transfer | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, honestly speaking that's because she probably wouldn't have been a big part of the rotation regardless. Now if one of the starters were transferring the responses would be a lot different.
She was a starter at the beginning of the season and for a Lion’s share of the games last season. It is not an insignificant loss.

Reaction Score
She was a starter at the beginning of the season and for a Lion’s share of the games last season. It is not an insignificant loss.
She was a starter because we didn't have any other options. I like Anna but let's be real, do you really think she was going to get a lot minutes next year if the freshman are as advertised?

Reaction Score
My favorite player :( What a bummer. Makes me even sadder that the tournament was cancelled last year because I think it would have been a real uphill climb for UCONN to win, but if they did she would have been a huge part of it before all the "big names" came in. She would have been the second best passer and three-point shooter on this year's team, and I was never nervous when she was on the floor - even if she just acted as a decoy, she contributed when she was out there. I wanted her to get healthy and prove all the naysayers wrong. Still hope she does, even if it's in another uniform!

Reaction Score
Smart move for Anna because there won't be a lot of playing time for the end of the bench. If the 3 Freshmen are as good as expected. Piath, Mir Aubrey, Saylor and Autumn will not be getting much playing time and if Olivia doesn't watch out her minutes will be reduced. Geno sat her for the last 3.5 minutes against Arizona.

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
I remember how an injury set Natalie Butler back from which she did not recover soon enough to make her true presence felt at UConn. But Natalie transferred to Mason and set the NCAA DI single season record for rebounds and tied the record at 33 double-doubles (all consecutive). I wish the very best to Anna wherever she goes. She will be a wonderful teammate and a great asset for some lucky school!

Reaction Score
I believe the Evina Westbrook decision to return has everything to do with Anna deciding to leave. Makes sense especially with the timing of their announcements.
Westbrook staying and Anna going: I am wondering if Paige, CW and Azzi playing together will create a flow that is too fast for EW, and would not have worked well with Anna in the lineup. AE is fast for a 6'3 player with muscle and Olivia moves up and down the court quickly for 6'5.

Reaction Score
People still don't learn ... shame
It's not a rule, but I would like to add trashing. During the year several players took a beating here. Don't you think they, their friends, and/or family might read this stuff? Don't you think HS kids might read this stuff? Anna didn't get the worst of the trashing, but she did get some. Now we are expressing best wishes to Anna and rightly so.

OK, I recognize there is a relatively fine line between critique and a trash. Did Liv go oh-for-everything in the semi-final? Yes. But when the critique degenerates into being relegated to the bench, that's trashing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's not a rule, but I would like to add trashing. During the year several players took a beating here. Don't you think they, their friends, and/or family might read this stuff? Don't you think HS kids might read this stuff? Anna didn't get the worst of the trashing, but she did get some. Now we are expressing best wishes to Anna and rightly so.

OK, I recognize there is a relatively fine line between critique and a trash. Did Liv go oh-for-everything in the semi-final? Yes. But when the critique degenerates into being relegated to the bench, that's trashing.
It is a rule!

"Don't trash the kids that play the games, no matter what team."

Reaction Score
It means that the mpg situation remains tight. I would guess:

Paige 30
Azzi 20
Evina 20
ONO 20
Edwards 25
DeBerry 15
Cristyn 25
Muhl 20
Poffernbarger 8
Ducharme 8

Total minutes for the top 10: 191
MPG remaining: 9
Total MPG Available: 200

It means that even if Saylor and Ducharme get just 8 mpg each, McLean, Griffin, and Gabriel would only be able to split a total of 9 mpg between them. Or else, one of the freshmen would have to give up minutes.

Still a difficult situation for the coaching staff to manage with 13 scholarship athletes.
Some forget that ONO was the dominate center during in league games and did an adequate job guarding Boston and other All American's in their match ups. To think Geno will only play her 50% of the time is an overreaction to a horrid offensive performance the last game.

Reaction Score
I think at the end of the day, 99% of us want what is best for each player. I hate to see Anna go, but I get it. I think she will be fantastic wherever she winds up.

UConns offense next year is going to be super super fast paced. Really fast. In transition, probably the fastest UConn lineup ever. Anna would NOT have fit in with this.

Lightning is about to come out of the bottle in 2021-2022...........

Reaction Score
first time caller, long time listener jk. I'm somewhat new to checking up on all the postgame quotes/interviews, and I know Geno is pretty tongue and cheek but I thought he was pretty hard on Anna a couple times this season. He mentioned that she didn't hit 3s when the game mattered. Even the pat on the back Paige did against Iowa, was sort of a backing of Anna as Geno was skeptical she would make big shots. I think Anna is a solid all around player who really could of helped if she was healthy and clicking on all cylinders. I do think this was the right move for her from a basketball perspective.

Reaction Score
I am very disappointed with this news. Anna is a very talented player who unfortuneatley suffered an injury in mid season. She is one of the first players to come from Europe and have a significant role on the UConn team. I hope that this does send a poor message to future European recruits for Connecticut. I wish Anna well as she moves on into the future. She will provide a significant boost to any team in the USA and give them positive strengths.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do you think all of Stanford's, Arizona's, Indiana's and Maryland's players have top flight athleticism. No, they don't, and it is not necessary to be a starter on a top program.
Anna wouldn't get any PT at those places either.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
NO SPECULATION on future transfers. This is a bannable offense - I’ve said it a million times
Your avatar is most appropriate considering the content of this post.

Reaction Score
TBH, I will miss Anna. I thought she way too indecisive and hesitant at times, but she definitely kept the defense on it's toes when she was out there. If she and sis go to Oregon, more power to them!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am very disappointed with this news. Anna is a very talented player who unfortuneatley suffered an injury in mid season. She is one of the first players to come from Europe and have a significant role on the UConn team. I hope that this does send a poor message to future European recruits for Connecticut. I wish Anna well as she moves on into the future. She will provide a significant boost to any team in the USA and give them positive strengths.
Svetlana sends her regards.

Reaction Score
Talented player, who, when given playing time, showed that talent. She knows how the game should be played. I'm thrilled for her; she will go somewhere ,get that playing time, and further developed her game. No matter how people here are making it appear to be no loss for UConn, it will be. And will also add pressure to the coaches to figure out how to "shake up" the team when they are getting "pouty".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom