Makurat to transfer | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anna Makurat as a Freshman (2019-20): Played in all 32 games with 14 starts ... averaging 7.9 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game ... notched eight assists vs. Cincinnati (3/9) in the AAC Tournament championship game ... posted 14 points, eight assists and six rebounds vs. Temple (3/7) in the AAC quarterfinals ... scored 16 points at Houston (2/29) ... tallied 20 points and six assists at Cincinnati (2/26) ... notched 17 points and five rebounds vs. UCF (2/22) ... had 18 points, five rebounds, five assists and six steals vs. Tulane (2/19) ... dished out 11 assists at Memphis (2/7) and added four steals ... scored 24 points, including eight three pointers, at ECU (1/25) ... posted 21 points, six rebounds and five assists vs. Tulsa (1/19) ... grabbed 11 rebounds at Seton Hall (12/5). Thanks, Anna, good luck!

Reaction Score
We are all aware of Anna's injury this year. But what we don't know is when she sustained it. Could be it occurred prior to the start of the season and it hampered her ability to play and she finally had to sit. To me while she played, she didn't appear to be herself.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Thank you for the two years, Anna. No surprise as I posted. Not aggressive enough shooting, had trouble keeping players in front of her when playing defense, and not a great rebounder. More than likely would have been buried on the bench. Hope wherever she goes she gets to play a lot.
I just don't think she ever got herself 'right' this season. Hope she kills it wherever she goes.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this but not surprising to me. Head count and playing time next year is gonna be an even more interesting puzzle than this year.

Anna, thank you and best of luck wherever.
Very classy goodbye by Anna but the writing was on the wall. Her lack of playing time in the tournament on a team this young says it all. Anna has a good skill set that we never really saw to fruition here in Storrs. Hopefully she can go somewhere and PLAY.

She can definitely help some team. Good Luck Anna

Reaction Score
Players want to play. No matter where she lands, i can not imagine she isn't a much better player than she was when she came to Storrs. One of the best things about playing on the women's team is steel sharpens steel. Every year new superstars arrive to compete with veterans for playing time. Great coaching and frankly, almost every game has to be easier than every practice.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder how Geno plays this, portal wise. The only thing we could arguably need is another banger inside. Is there anyone who fits the bill? I suspect he will pass and add two from the class of 2022, KK Bransford (hopefully) and one more.
Dorka Juhasz - 6'4" post player in the transfer portal from tOSU. She's not as big as Stef, but fairly strong, and capable of stepping out and hitting the 3. She seems to be the only skilled post player who might be of help to UCONN.

She does follow UCONNWBB on IG as well as Anna and Nika. She also follows Caitlin Clark and Ashley Owusu. The only other team she follows is Ohio State, the school she's leaving. Not sure if there is ANY interest, mutual or otherwise, but she's intriguing.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What can I say, I don't do anything Half ( ! ) when I mess something up. Must have been a SENIOR moment.
I would consider it to more Freudian than senior. There are animals around here.

Reaction Score
If Anna is going to Oregon she might want to consider sitting out the year, I’m not sure she would get a lot of playing time next year at Oregon.
With Fudd coming in and Nika, plus A.E. starting many games, she would probably get more playing time there.

Reaction Score
That does not make sense. When Anna was healthy her and Evina were both starters playing COMPLETELY NON-OVERLAPPING positions. You really need to get a better grip on the positions these players play before you continue to erroneously talk about things like minutes per game being played.
Yeah but with Aaliyah starting next year at the 4, Evina slides over to the 3 which is Anna's position... Caroline and Saylor will be nipping at Evina for some minutes. I think Anna saw thevwriting on the wall. Maybe Anna can head to South Florida and become the next Laksa.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I do like how everyone is taking the high road and realizes that this is probably what’s best for her. On some sites, players are vilified by their former fans when they transfer. That’s one reason I like the Boneyard.
You mean like EW's former school did to her?

Reaction Score
I do like how everyone is taking the high road and realizes that this is probably what’s best for her. On some sites, players are vilified by their former fans when they transfer. That’s one reason I like the Boneyard.
Well, honestly speaking that's because she probably wouldn't have been a big part of the rotation regardless. Now if one of the starters were transferring the responses would be a lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom