Makurat to transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bummer. Particularly since I think she got a lot of (unfair) harsh comments on this board.

As for the idea that it "frees up another scholarship," I think that's irrelevant. We've got 13 scholarship players. It's hard for >8 to get playing time. I would be super surprised for Geno to take anyone that's not AA-type level.
I agree 100% on the harsh comments. Written off last year by many after a slow start / adjustment period and then again this year when she was more than likely playing hurt.

Reaction Score
This is all the portal's fault. It's essentially a secondary market for players now.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I’m not sure what question you’re asking...? Are you asking about the rules or about the number of players across the NCAA that have declared theyll transfer?
No, they let players transfer and play right away this year. Like in Evinas case, she had to sit out a year which was always the rule unless the NCAA gave them a waiver. My question is does the play right away continue, or are they going back to the one year sit out rule?

Reaction Score
Just for historical perspective, when was the last time a player who had been a starter transferred?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

Hey the coach in that shot was wearing a sports coat. The coach this past season wore a Uconn pull over shirt, various colors. I wonder which one shows up next season?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No, they let players transfer and play right away this year. Like in Evinas case, she had to sit out a year which was always the rule unless the NCAA gave them a waiver. My question is does the play right away continue, or are they going back to the one year sit out rule?
We’ll find out next week.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Although not officially announced the operating assumptions is that immediate eligibility for first time transfers will become permanent for all NCAA sports beginning fall of 2021. The NCAA is probably waiting on the NIL legislation and supreme court cases to be decided before making an official announcement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Anna is going to Oregon she might want to consider sitting out the year, I’m not sure she would get a lot of playing time next year at Oregon.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
She's recently been followed on IG by coaches from...
Arizona State
Minnesota
Duquesne
Florida International
Colorado
Georgia Tech
Missouri State
Coastal Carolina
UCLA
Iowa State
Illinois State
Virginia
Kansas State
Central Michigan
Rutgers

What an interesting assortment. lol.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's the right move. It was clear early this year that Anna couldn't keep up with the rest of the team. She could be an important piece in a program that is a notch below.
Do you think Indiana is a notch below, or DePaul, or Northwestern? Maybe I should be asking a notch below what? Certainly not UConn because most teams are a notch below UConn. Honestly, what do you mean by a notch below? If UConn had not gotten some of the incoming guards, I believe Anna could have thrived at UConn. Just my opinion. See Argonaut's post above. Some of those schools listed are surely not a notch below.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She's recently been followed on IG by coaches from...
Arizona State
Minnesota
Duquesne
Florida International
Colorado
Georgia Tech
Missouri State
Coastal Carolina
UCLA

What an interesting assortment. lol.
No Big East teams? Is this due to rules that transferring within conference are stricter? Call me provincial but if I transferred, I would find it fun to play UConn.

Reaction Score
Sorry to see Anna leave but completely understand. As many have noted playing time next year is going to be hard to come by. I’m sure Anna will find a good fit for her talents. Thanks Anna, and best wishes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No Big East teams? Is this due to rules that transferring within conference are stricter? Call me provincial but if I transferred, I would find it fun to play UConn.
I don't believe transferring within a conference is as restrictive as before the ACC recently dropped the stricter restriction and I believe other conferences are considering the old restrictions OBE=new NCAA transfer rules.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder whether Evina's decision to return pushed Makurat to transfer. I'm guessing that with Westbrook returning, the meager minutes to be divided became even more meager.
That does not make sense. When Anna was healthy her and Evina were both starters playing COMPLETELY NON-OVERLAPPING positions. You really need to get a better grip on the positions these players play before you continue to erroneously talk about things like minutes per game being played.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It means that the mpg situation remains tight. I would guess:

Paige 30
Azzi 20
Evina 20
ONO 20
Edwards 25
DeBerry 15
Cristyn 25
Muhl 20
Poffernbarger 8
Ducharme 8

Total minutes for the top 10: 191
MPG remaining: 9
Total MPG Available: 200

It means that even if Saylor and Ducharme get just 8 mpg each, McLean, Griffin, and Gabriel would only be able to split a total of 9 mpg between them. Or else, one of the freshmen would have to give up minutes.

Still a difficult situation for the coaching staff to manage with 13 scholarship athletes.

Reaction Score
That does not make sense. When Anna was healthy her and Evina were both starters playing COMPLETELY NON-OVERLAPPING positions. You really need to get a better grip on the positions these players play before you continue to erroneously talk about things like minutes per game being played.
But E moved to the four spot, where Anna had been a starter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It means that the mpg situation remains tight. I would guess:

Paige 30
Azzi 20
Evina 20
ONO 20
Edwards 25
DeBerry 15
Cristyn 25
Muhl 20
Poffernbarger 8
Ducharme 8

Total minutes for the top 10: 191
MPG remaining: 9
Total MPG Available: 200

It means that even if Saylor and Ducharme get just 8 mpg each, McLean, Griffin, and Gabriel would only be able to split a total of 9 mpg between them. Or else, one of the freshmen would have to give up minutes.

Still a difficult situation for the coaching staff to manage with 13 scholarship athletes.
You’re really stuck on this set-in-stone schedule for minutes per game, huh?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Anna will be missed. She was so integrated within the framework of this team - giving the pep talk during the Baylor game to start 19-0. I wonder if she wanted to play with her sister and if the two are looking for a team together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom