Makurat to transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anna thank you for coming here and being such a great team mate and an even better person. We will miss your 3 point shot, leadership and smile. Nothing but the best wishes for you on your next stop. You will always be a "Husky!"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The writing was on the wall when she could not get meaningful minutes for Baylor or Arizona when we really could have used her 3pt shot.

With snipers Azzi, Caroline and Saylor, she would have been relegated to mop up.

Reaction Score
Anna, think Colorado. I can direct you to a great Polish restaurant in mountains near me. I am alerting JR Payne.
Dam just about the same time posting

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's the right move. It was clear early this year that Anna couldn't keep up with the rest of the team. She could be an important piece in a program that is a notch below.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry to see Anna go I enjoyed watching her play. It’s weird I was mad at the other girls who transferred for not being tough enough or dedicated enough I know that’s more a me issue than theirs but I felt protective of the program. I hope she teams up with her sister somewhere good just not too good. Health and happiness Anna.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
NO SPECULATION on future transfers. This is a bannable offense - I’ve said it a million times
This is crazy though, like free agency in professional sports. Is this just for this year, or is the waiting period a thing of the past? Just asking for clarification Nan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is crazy though, like free agency in professional sports. Is this just for this year, or is the waiting period a thing of the past? Just asking for clarification Nan.
It's been a rule forever, baldie.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
NO SPECULATION on future transfers. This is a bannable offense - I’ve said it a million times
Are you referring to:
  • Where Anna might end up? (She's in the portal already.)
  • Thinking on where entrenched playeres on rosters (UConn, ND, Iowa, for example) might go or stay?
  • Both?

Thanks,

Reaction Score
Bummer. Particularly since I think she got a lot of (unfair) harsh comments on this board.

As for the idea that it "frees up another scholarship," I think that's irrelevant. We've got 13 scholarship players. It's hard for >8 to get playing time. I would be super surprised for Geno to take anyone that's not AA-type level.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you referring to:
  • Where Anna might end up? (She's in the portal already.)
  • Thinking on where entrenched playeres on rosters (UConn, ND, Iowa, for example) might go or stay?
  • Both?

Thanks,
I’m talking about speculation on which UConn players should/would/might transfer out.

This rule has existed for 25 years, as long as I’ve been here

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No they had to sit out a year, just as Evina had to!
I’m not sure what question you’re asking...? Are you asking about the rules or about the number of players across the NCAA that have declared theyll transfer?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The writing was on the wall when she could not get meaningful minutes for Baylor or Arizona when we really could have used her 3pt shot.

With snipers Azzi, Caroline and Saylor, she would have been relegated to mop up.
Why are you so sure all three will excel in their freshman season? It bothers me because she came to UConn this season in the best shape she'd ever been in. We did not get the chance to see the best of Anna and I believe the best of Anna would have kept one or two of those incoming freshmen on the bench. This news is going to bother me for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom