Makurat to transfer | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Makurat to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anna thank you for coming here and being such a great team mate and an even better person. We will miss your 3 point shot, leadership and smile. Nothing but the best wishes for you on your next stop. You will always be a "Husky!"
The Gonzaga men's team wholeheartedly added an elite point guard to try and put them over the top (no we definitly don't need a pg). No. They lost the finals, but what a great team. I dont know if we even have a spot. There is 1 intreaging player in the transfer portal. I dont know anything about her the person, or here current skills. Size with experience is our one area we lack depth. I'm throwing this out for the fun of the debate. 6'4" Sidney Cook!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
veryolddog-300% agree with you.
Waquoit-300% disagree with you.
You need to be more positive Waquoit. Hope
Anna Mak kills it at her new school!!
The comment about her not having the athleticism needed by a top program is ridiculous.

I had high hopes for Anna this year and posted as much. I saw all of those great passes she made last year go nowhere because the supporting cast couldn't handle them. I thought this year with better players we would see her true potential but it didn't happen. She got her shot. Not a perfect analogy but when I was at UConn I played a ton of pick-up basketball. I knew my level but every once in awhile I got in a game where I just couldn't keep up. I know what it looks like. You have to sprint to get to the spot others glide to. You look to cheat a bit because you can't play straight up. Anna can play and she will be fine in the right program. It's just not UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Trumpet player here.

Just remember - The horn section will kick your brass!!! From our son who at one time was a trombone major.
Low brass kicks ass

My son plays the baritone

947A3721-6581-4AEB-B45C-F78AA2E338E3.jpeg

Reaction Score
The Gonzaga men's team wholeheartedly added an elite point guard to try and put them over the top (no we definitly don't need a pg). No. They lost the finals, but what a great team. I dont know if we even have a spot. There is 1 intreaging player in the transfer portal. I dont know anything about her the person, or here current skills. Size with experience is our one area we lack depth. I'm throwing this out for the fun of the debate. 6'4" Sidney Cook!
Thought she committed to seton hall

Reaction Score
Slide? I was a trumpet player, not at Juilliard.
Of course. The word trombone always means a slide. The valve trombone is used infrequently in jazz, mostly for trumpet players who want to double. Now back to basketball.

Reaction Score
Anna, we're grateful to have had you with us even for so short a time! UConn wishes you the very best future! :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You probably all saw this in the NCAA tournament, but Coombs played a huge role for Georgia. She was a fine point guard.
I saw part of the Georgia-Indiana(?) game. With UGA on defense, there was a tipped pass the like which sent the ball rolling deep into the backcourt. MC and an IU player went after it. In about a half second MC turned on the afterburners and ran the ball down first and got the layup. Serious speed.

Reaction Score
For the last two years, your solution to every problem facing UConn's WCBB team has been to give Anna more minutes. I do look forward to the end of that family of posts.

In this case, I think Geno thought that Anna was simply too rusty from a couple months of inactivity to be effective in a national semifinal game. She did hit two threes near the end of the Iowa game, but only after the game had been decided. She has no track record this year of making shots under pressure when the team really needs them.

Also, Arizona is a small, quick team, which is not the kind of opponent against which Anna can maximize her skills. On defense, who would she have guarded?
Curious regarding your comments about Arizona, who was quick enough? During the game, I would not have put in Anna but when I reviewed the game the next day, there were several spots where her skills were needed. A few 3's at critical moments could have turned the game around.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As someone who is half Polish I was one of Anna's biggest fans. My mom loved Yaz and Charles Bronson and any other Polish celeb. She became a huge Red Sox fan because of Yaz. She would have loved Anna and would have been a huge UConn fan.
I'm sure your mother loved Bronson (Buchinsky - which was an Americanization of Bucinskis), but he was of Lithuanian descent.

Reaction Score
(and) Eastern Europe...
Yet it is hard to imagine two countries in the same region with such different cultures. Do teammates from Vermont and Mississippi automatically have a bond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom