Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He's gone.
He was never here.

images

Reaction Score
As much as a prized recruit he was, the truth is he never played a game for us. Not a consolation by any means just some perspective.

We'll reload somehow, someway.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
As much as a prized recruit he was, the truth is he never played a game for us. Not a consolation by any means just some perspective.

We'll reload somehow, someway.
You guys realize this class is pretty much wrapped up right?

And everyone saying Ollie needs to produce results this coming season, well that's not going to be realistic evaluation anymore because our rebuild just got reset basically. Another thin roster lacking sufficient "UConn level talent" like Jacobs was saying yesterday that everyone was suddenly agreeing with and eating up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If any of these kids go to Syracuse then my suspicions are confirmed of something sinister going on behind the scenes

Reaction Score

And everyone saying Ollie needs to produce results this coming season, well that's not going to be realistic evaluation anymore because our rebuild just got reset basically. Another thin roster lacking sufficient "UConn level talent" like Jacobs was saying yesterday that everyone was suddenly agreeing with and eating up.
Tremont Waters, Daejon Davis, Jemarl Baker and Blake Harris are all 4 star guards who reopened their recruitment and Harris is visiting.

Class is no wrapped up yet

Reaction Score
No room for the mentally weak on this team. Too bad. They'll find somebody

I'd stop short of calling a kid "mentally weak" because he doesn't want to play for a UConn team with a lot of player/coach turnover from when he was recruited. If he doesn't want to be here, that's fine, but that doesn't make him a weak kid nor is it likely that we'll replace him so easily this late in the game

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You guys are insane. The past year this board has been going bananas over MAL. When players were transferring out all I heard was that we'd be fine because MAL was coming in and Larrier will be back. Now MAL leaves and suddenly he sucks? The level of denial on this board is mind boggling

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters, Daejon Davis, Jemarl Baker and Blake Harris are all 4 star guards who reopened their recruitment and Harris is visiting.

Class is no wrapped up yet
Losing a top 30 kid and having to shift course will hurt no matter what. Let's hope we lock one of those guys up. Strap in boys.

Reaction Score
You guys are insane. The past year this board has been going bananas over MAL. When players were transferring out all I heard was that we'd be fine because MAL was coming in and Larrier will be back. Now MAL leaves and suddenly he sucks? The level of denial on this board is mind boggling
Havent heard anyone saying he sucks. Stop making stuff up. Ppl are saying if he doesnt want to be here then good riddance and that he isnt irreplaceable

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Plans B, C, D, E and F are already in play, so I guess it's time for the plan G contingency.

Wake me when however many players we still have in October are ready to play.

Reaction Score

What can we do? I suspect he saw something in Vital that affected things. If Vital progresses that's 2 sophomores on the depth chart with one junior. Perhaps he wants an easier road to floor time. I can't blame him. Guards are not that much a concern for me at least this coming season.

Reaction Score
Plans B, C, D, E and F are already in play, so I guess it's time for the plan G contingency.

Wake me when however many players we still have in October are ready to play.
As it turns out Tremont Waters was Plan B and he's available. Although I don't see that happening. Regardless I'm not worried, there's players out there and I trust this staff to find them

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I keep seeing people use the phrase "replaceable/irreplaceable". What is an irreplaceable player? Jalen? Well then we need to start planning for the loss of an irreplaceable player after the 2018 season because he is draft bound. Losses like this directly affect that future planning coaches are responsible for.

So in a way losses like this can become "irreplaceable" indirectly.

Reaction Score
And whaler thought I was a joker for telling folks to hang on. I would still keep that sentiment in mind. Things still a happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom