Major 7 Conference Coaches On The Hot Seat (CBS Sports) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Major 7 Conference Coaches On The Hot Seat (CBS Sports)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Getting to play in a good basketball conference, what's not desirable about that?

Let’s see how good it is after the P5 breakoff (hint: they aren’t dragging the BE with them).

Reaction Score
Perhaps I misunderstood but didn't we contact the NCAA after we found violations? Didn't we self-report to kick off the investigation? If so, there is something. That is all the NCAA needs. We are UConn. They are Emmert.

No. That did not happen.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
...says the guy who made a thread a couple of weeks ago about "getting back on the platform" with Ollie. LOL.

This board is ludicrous...
Ya.... I was in the platform, but train never came unfortunately. Decided to take an Uber instead.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If this isn't resolved by the summer, hiring a new coach is going to be a disaster. Nobody good is going to come here with the cloud of an NCAA investigation hanging over the program.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ya.... I was in the platform, but train never came unfortunately. Decided to take an Uber instead.

Okay.

So about 3 weeks ago, you were of the opinion that Ollie might be the right guy for the job and today you feel like his presence is the equivalent of an automatic year ban, so you think taking a 2 scholarship loss is a reasonable solution. And your analogy to wanting a loss of 2 scholarships on your "favorite" basketball team is just like taking an Uber. :rolleyes:

I swear, I don't know how some of you are able to tie your shoes in the morning...

Reaction Score
Okay.

So about 3 weeks ago, you were of the opinion that Ollie might be the right guy for the job and today you feel like his presence is the equivalent of an automatic year ban, so you think taking a 2 scholarship loss is a reasonable solution. And your analogy to wanting a loss of 2 scholarships on your "favorite" basketball team is just like taking an Uber. :rolleyes:

I swear, I don't know how some of you are able to tie your shoes in the morning...
I don't know what your connection to Ollie is but, at this point, YOU are the one looking irrational here. If we lost a scholarship (or two), as Sammy said, but got a competent coach, yeah, we would be in better shape. Who would be filling those scholarships? Guys like Onuorah and Anderson? Yeah, that's a killer. So long as the next coach doesn't have players running away from him at the end of every season, he won't need 15 scholarships to do better than THIS!

You had better get used to the idea of Ollie not being the coach. It won't happen mid-year and it may not happen this off-season but no way does he make it past May 2019. But, hey, feel free to bang your head against a wall for the next 15 months if that is what excites you......

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don't know what your connection to Ollie is but, at this point, YOU are the one looking irrational here. If we lost a scholarship (or two), as Sammy said, but got a competent coach, yeah, we would be in better shape. Who would be filling those scholarships? Guys like Onuorah and Anderson? Yeah, that's a killer. So long as the next coach doesn't have players running away from him at the end of every season, he won't need 15 scholarships to do better than THIS!

You had better get used to the idea of Ollie not being the coach. It won't happen mid-year and it may not happen this off-season but no way does he make it past May 2019. But, hey, feel free to bang your head against a wall for the next 15 months if that is what excites you.

Yeah, losing 2 scholarships will help make us a better team. I hope your shoes have velcro...

Reaction Score
Yeah, losing 2 scholarships will help make us a better team. I hope your shoes have velcro...
Keep your Velcro shoes. Getting a better coach will make us a better team. Too many concussions, Danny?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Keep your Velcro shoes. Getting a better coach will make us a better team. Too many concussions, Danny?

upload_2018-2-8_10-26-28.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree but the effects of any violation would be longer lasting than you think. In my view after 40 years of being a fan that is the last thing you wish for.
Kathy, I don't think people are rooting for a violation so much as a way out of the death spiral the program is in right now. That's different.

Reaction Score
Let’s see how good it is after the P5 breakoff (hint: they aren’t dragging the BE with them).
The AAC isn't going P5 either, I would rather just be a basketball school than hold out for the P5 dream.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I'm a little suprised Fran Dunphy isn't at least included on the list. Lots of rumbling from Temple fans about regression (this was previously an annual tournament team.)
Im not aware of what the Temple fans are saying about Dunphy, but the mans a good coach. Temple is 37 in the RPI. They are looking at an at large bid this year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just feel so dejected about all of this. It's like something that used to lift me up during the dark winter months has been taken away, and replaced with something that just increases the misery.

Worst of all, there is no light at the end of this tunnel. I have lost all confidence in Ollie. I know the buyout would be crippling. Any violations and sanctions would hurt. I can only hope for (a) no violations and (b) Ollie is tired of this and walks away with a partial buyout. Any other outcome is a bad one.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Assuming a minor violation:
If a loss of a scholarship (or 2) with no season ban, means KO is out of here, I'm all for it.

Another year of Ollie is pretty darn close to being an automatic ban for next season anyways

If it's a minor violation, you're not triggering the 'for cause' clause. Minor violations happen at every program, whether intentional or not. There's so many rules, you can't help but over step.

The last thing UCONN needs is getting burnt in any kind of hot water. Screw that.

Reaction Score
If it's a minor violation, you're not triggering the 'for cause' clause. Minor violations happen at every program, whether intentional or not. There's so many rules, you can't help but over step.

The last thing UCONN needs is getting burnt in any kind of hot water. Screw that.
Unfortunately, the rumors are it's not minor.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the rumors are it's not minor.

Yeah, I know. Just saying a few minor violations won't trigger a 'for cause'. Serious violations would.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom