Major 7 Conference Coaches On The Hot Seat (CBS Sports) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Major 7 Conference Coaches On The Hot Seat (CBS Sports)

Reaction Score
I can't believe a fan just even considered hoping for a violation. I have read many things on this board said about our program that disgust me but this goes too far.

I am hoping for a minor violation. The enthusiasm impact of a new coach and cost savings to the University resulting from a slap on the wrist would far outweigh the negative PR, punishments, and potentially increased difficulty in replacing the coach, presuming the violation and punishment are minor enough and legal counsel does not outspend the cost savings.

Note that I am not in favor of us committing violations in general, just that the benefits outweigh the downside in this particular circumstance.

Reaction Score
I am hoping for a minor violation. The enthusiasm impact of a new coach and cost savings to the University resulting from a slap on the wrist would far outweigh the negative PR, punishments, and potentially increased difficulty in replacing the coach, presuming the violation and punishment are minor enough and legal counsel does not outspend the cost savings.

Note that I am not in favor of us committing violations in general, just that the benefits outweigh the downside in this particular circumstance.
We can agree to disagree but the effects of any violation would be longer lasting than you think. In my view after 40 years of being a fan that is the last thing you wish for.

Reaction Score
Ditto. So now we are hoping Ollie is found doing something wrong....Not OK. Sorry, let's have a little class about this. So let me get this straight. He fixed the APR problem he was left with, won a title, started out at a bargain basement price, now we are hoping we can find a way to screw him out of his buyout. Pathetic.
Thank you. Hey ko we here at the university, the state, boneyard, and casual fan base have purchased this rather rusty sword. Would you mind falling on it for us? It’s the very LEAST you can do, don’t you think?

Reaction Score
Some people here dont know the definition of "facetious, apparently. I thought we are a Public Ivy. So much emotion and typing over a useless post.

Reaction Score
Ditto. So now we are hoping Ollie is found doing something wrong....Not OK. Sorry, let's have a little class about this. So let me get this straight. He fixed the APR problem he was left with, won a title, started out at a bargain basement price, now we are hoping we can find a way to screw him out of his buyout. Pathetic.
You think he earned that buyout? How much has he made as coach? Go ahead, add it up. Now tell me he has earned all that plus 9+ million. No. UConn is getting screwed, right now!

Reaction Score

Thank you. Hey ko we here at the university, the state, boneyard, and casual fan base have purchased this rather rusty sword. Would you mind falling on it for us? It’s the very LEAST you can do, don’t you think?

The pathetic thing is how the team is looking considering they were hypothetically cheating. It's not classless to use a clause in a contract both parties were aware of and agreed to just as it was not classless for Ollie to desire a fully guaranteed contract without a buyout after success. It is not classless to admit and fix a mistake. Having high standards is part of having class.

Let me fix that analogy: After sharpening our Family's legendary sword nicely to the finest edge and doing a wonderful job of cleaning and caretaking it, KO then allowed our sword's blade to dull under his care. He said time and again he was going to get it sharp again, but then we find out he let moisture accumulate on the sword on a regular basis and the sword got rusty. We'd like him to surrender the sword so we can hire someone else to remove the rust and sharpen it, despite the shame that will fall on our Family when the world discovers it was rusty.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I still think the only way Ollie makes it to next year as the head basketball coach of the Huskies if they somehow to make the NCAA with a late run and winner the AAC tournament

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...if they somehow to make the NCAA with a late run and winner the AAC tournament
That’s a big ask. KO already used his “one time”.

Reaction Score
"Much to the dismay of UConn , the Huskies were forced to be part of the collective group of colleges leftover from conference realignment after the basketball only schools kept the Big East Conference name."
True Dat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is it OK to hope we get a violation?

Memphis' attendance has shrunk immensely. Nice to see the AAC included in the same breath as the Big East.
you are a jerk if that's what you hope happens
plain and simple
yeah just what UConn needs is a violation
The haters can get their desired outcome without a violation

Reaction Score
The pathetic thing is how the team is looking considering they were hypothetically cheating. It's not classless to use a clause in a contract both parties were aware of and agreed to just as it was not classless for Ollie to desire a fully guaranteed contract without a buyout after success. It is not classless to admit and fix a mistake. Having high standards is part of having class.

Let me fix that analogy: After sharpening our Family's legendary sword nicely to the finest edge and doing a wonderful job of cleaning and caretaking it, KO then allowed our sword's blade to dull under his care. He said time and again he was going to get it sharp again, but then we find out he let moisture accumulate on the sword on a regular basis and the sword got rusty. We'd like him to surrender the sword so we can hire someone else to remove the rust and sharpen it, despite the shame that will fall on our Family when the world discovers it was rusty.
It IS classless to hope for a violation. Spin it any way you like. Bottom feeding.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We need to self-ban ASAP!!! They need to plan ahead under the assumption that more evidence will turn up and the NCAA will overreact. If we assume they will ban us, best to do it to ourselves now, for this year.
So if nothing was done and in the end they find nothing, the school should just go ahead and admit something was done wrong
I hope you aren't an attorney

Reaction Score
So if nothing was done and in the end they find nothing, the school should just go ahead and admit something was done wrong
I hope you aren't an attorney
Perhaps I misunderstood but didn't we contact the NCAA after we found violations? Didn't we self-report to kick off the investigation? If so, there is something. That is all the NCAA needs. We are UConn. They are Emmert.

Reaction Score
The author speculates that firing Ollie at the end of this season depends on new information being disclosed from the NCAA investigation. That suggests there isn't enough already known by the AD to warrant triggering of the buyout elimination clause in his contract. If we're waiting on the NCAA, the chances of getting any info in the next two months are likely slim and none. Under those circumstances, the author thinks it's likely he'll be back for at least one more season. That prediction seems in line with the statements made by Benedict.
I think that is a very rosy reading of the Benedict comments and Ollie’s situation. Especially an under .500 season again. And crashing attendance. He will be evaluated after the season but in no way will it be s positive evaluation. Guessing ollie gets a choice of resign with some kind of payout or be fired for cause and get squato.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Assuming a minor violation:
If a loss of a scholarship (or 2) with no season ban, means KO is out of here, I'm all for it.

Another year of Ollie is pretty darn close to being an automatic ban for next season anyways

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Assuming a minor violation:
If a loss of a scholarship (or 2) with no season ban, means KO is out of here, I'm all for it.

Another year of Ollie is pretty darn close to being an automatic ban for next season anyways

...says the guy who made a thread a couple of weeks ago about "getting back on the platform" with Ollie. LOL.

This board is ludicrous...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That would be great then we can kill the football program and go back to the Big East.

I promise you, that’s far less desirable than you think it is.

Reaction Score

Yeah. Lots of stuff has happened. UConn women’s team didn’t make the finals last year, kind of the same as a losing season in some way. It’s kind of relative. If cheated then HE GOTS TA GO. But it better be some real cheating. Like bad stuff. Not some brand new UConn rule stuff ala text limits and retro apr scores this better be sexy. Other than that I am betting the house he is clean as a newborn and some changes in our staff, stemmed from this investigation. I also think that we may have backed off of some recruits late in the process that we were close too but backed off of as they may have been poison for us, hence the talent that we pulled, the talent we lost, the parting of ways and the current momentary state of the program. We are weathering a storm. Now that I think about it, if this was poker, I need to fold this hand, if not drop 4 cards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief

Top Bottom