Maine Game Thread | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Maine Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No we didn't. We used the last TO before the kick. A bad snap, and we would not have had a TO. Either way though, I'd run the clock to at leaest :7
Then TV was tallying it wrong because they said we had one more. Nonetheless, you can still run the clock down further than 0:16 and use the last TO.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Then TV was tallying it wrong because they said we had one more. Nonetheless, you can still run the clock down further than 0:16 and use the last TO.

Oh, i know. I was screaming for us to run it down more.

Reaction Score
Well they gave Pasqualoni 2 years and 4 games to get this team straightened out. Lets see how much more rope they give Diaco. After all, Diaco actually won 1 more game(actually after the first two seasons P won 10, D won 8) in a season and then lost to Marshall. But you have to give Diaco credit. He did get them to a bowl game and P wasn't going to be able to do that. I think Diaco can be a good leader and has a good, knowledgeable staff but selling "UConn Football" to enough D-1 caliber high school kids is proving to be a task neither Randy, P or Wacky Bob has been able to accomplish.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well they gave Pasqualoni 2 years and 4 games to get this team straightened out. Lets see how much more rope they give Diaco. After all, Diaco actually won 1 more game(actually after the first two seasons P won 10, D won 8) in a season and then lost to Marshall. But you have to give Diaco credit. He did get them to a bowl game and P wasn't going to be able to do that. I think Diaco can be a good leader and has a good, knowledgeable staff but selling "UConn Football" to enough D-1 caliber high school kids is proving to be a task neither Randy, P or Wacky Bob has been able to accomplish.

Diaco could go 1-11 and be back next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My takeaways.

Let's hope that Bob and the players were not happy with that performance.
UConn evidently does not throw the ball downfield in practice, just sideways
Because they don't throw downfield, the D is perplexed when the opponent does
Bryant is tough as nails, but needs to stay in the pocket longer and deliver the ball
Defense had no pass rush
Offense stepped up after the fumble. Without that the game looks less bad. That was -10 at least

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Louisville hangs 70 points on a team.

They had a player score eight touchdowns in one half. Is that good?

Reaction Score
Bryant was good overall, I thought. Overthrew a few, but settled down nicely.

He was good running the ball, but he left a lot of yards on the field with some poor throws. Missed Thomas on two potentially huge plays. The one he dropped...he had the DB heat by 3 yards, put that ball in front of him and it is probably a TD.
Bryant is one tough SOB and will to take a hit. I will rack it up to opening night jitters, but he can't throw the ball that poorly again.

Reaction Score
If we play like this all year, we'll finish 2-10.

We won't. My one saving response ... YES ... Bryant Shirreffs is a gamer. He put that pile of mess on his shoulders and got us through. I think we look very very distressful. However, that kid makes you have some hope for wins.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Louisville hangs 70 points on a team.

Yeah but ... Petrino is likely to sext his weiner to some scantily clad girl (25 years younger). We don't want that.

Reaction Score
Yeah but ... Petrino is likely to sext his weiner to some scantily clad girl (25 years younger). We don't want that.

LOL!

Louisville and Jurich will regret that rehire. Mark my words. Leopards like that do not change their spots.

Reaction Score
Diaco could go 1-11 and be back next year.
Yeah. I think he gets this year but if they don't at least match 2015 he will be under real pressure next year and if there isn't major improvement that will be it. Though Benedict has no dog in this fight so he could move more easily than Warde could have if he thinks things are going south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom