Maine Game Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Maine Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you are kicking from 37 you can forget kicking after a bad snap. It's 55 if you are lucky.

Nah. You tell the holder if the snap is bad, drop to your knee. Then it's a 42 yarder.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Maine one upped Diaco wasting their last timeout.

Yes, that was equally stupid, but their coach is a 30 year old first time coach in the FCS

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Louisville hangs 70 points on a team.

Reaction Score
OK.....so I can't leave this dumpster fire without noting a positive (never go to bed angry right).....Postives....few penalties...few (1) injury that I saw.

There.....that's all I've got.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about.. that was a thrilling contest between two competitive CAA teams. Maine's kicker handed the home team the game, but the win keeps the Huskies in the hunt for FBS honors.

It doesn't put a damper on the season, but it was a pathetic performance we gotta play better. This is Diaco's 3rd season in its time to raise the bar, if you want Uconn to take the next step then this performance has to be unacceptable. Im sorry but I'm not gonna give Uconn credit for beating Maine. Time to move forward and get better from this.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

Meh, thay also have standards lower than Housatonic Valley Cc and their players

Reaction Score
Well Tennessee is in a tied game with Appalachian.

Reaction Score
If you are kicking from 37 you can forget kicking after a bad snap. It's 55 if you are lucky.

Nah. You tell the holder if the snap is bad, drop to your knee. Then it's a 42 yarder.

Time runs out.

You need to throw it into the dirt near a player.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
It doesn't put a damper in the season, but it was a pathetic performance we gotta play better. This is Diaco's 3rd season in its time to raise the bar, if you want Uconn to take the next step then this performance has to be unacceptable. Im sorry but I'm not gonna give Uconn credit for beating Maine. Time to move forward and get better from this.

If we can find a way to win 6 more regular season games, no one will really care what the score of this one was.

Reaction Score
ESPN SPORTS UPDATE: CAA BOD unimpressed with UConn's 24-21 victory over Maine in a unanimous decision have decided to invite CCSU as a football only member.

Reaction Score
The odds of a player having that awareness are so slim. At that point it is a scramble play. You just plan to go to OT if you dont get the kick.

Awareness to do the thing you're told to do? That's pretty standard practice. Why go to OT when you can have another kick? None of what you're saying makes sense.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Awareness to do the thing you're told to do? That's pretty standard practice. Why go to OT when you can have another kick? None of what you're saying makes sense.

Ok. It is that simple. You're right.

Reaction Score
If we can find a way to win 6 more regular season games, no one will really care what the score of this one was.

Very true at the end of the day a win is a win, I'm just saying if this performance is acceptable then we won't get better from this, gotta play better thats all.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
we had a timeout

No we didn't. We used the last TO before the kick. A bad snap, and we would not have had a TO. Either way though, I'd run the clock to at leaest :7

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Win is a win. As Bill B would say best "We're on to Navy." Get out the film

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Win is a win. As Bill B would say best "We're on to Navy." Get out the film

Yep, we all just need to pretend that that was the worst we'll play all year. We will have much better performances (and maybe a couple not so much better)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A win is a win, and surely better than a loss, but things did not look good out there at all. People can be as critical as they want about Bryant's skills, but you can't question that kids heart. He carried this team.

Reaction Score
Good. Maybe the Cardinals will move to the B12, where they belong, and Maine can get their spot in the ACC.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
OK.....so I can't leave this dumpster fire without noting a positive (never go to bed angry right).....Postives....few penalties...few (1) injury that I saw.

There.....that's all I've got.
Special teams?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
A win is a win, and surely better than a loss, but things did not look good out there at all. People can be as critical as they want about Bryant's skills, but you can't question that kids heart. He carried this team.

Bryant was good overall, I thought. Overthrew a few, but settled down nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom