Mad Dog/DH | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mad Dog/DH

Reaction Score
Mad Dog promoted us last season and a little this season. He and Mike went on air immediately after we won #1 in 99. Mike also did an excellent job interviewing Hurley last year after #5. Kinda hard to hate.
He does like UConn it seems. He was in Houston last year; hardcore UConn people I know ran in to him.

Doesn’t make him less of an idiot

Reaction Score
He does like UConn it seems. He was in Houston last year; hardcore UConn people I know ran in to him.

Doesn’t make him less of an idiot
Wasn't the reason he was supporting the Huskies because his son was a graduate assistant coach at UConn?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I could take or leave Mad Dog, but Sour Shoes' impression of him is pure insane genius (like everything else he does)

Sour shoes is a force of nature. Get into some YouTube rabbit holes watching his clips.

Reaction Score
What is “Riff raff” for 20 Alex
At the risk of missing some intended sarcasm on your part, it seems you forgot or missed one of the great demonstrations of Russo’s stupidity when he was on radio

Again, if it weren’t for Craig Carton, he’d be the biggest moron to ever denigrate sports media. It’s hilarious he is now paired with SAS

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Wasn't the reason he was supporting the Huskies because his son was a graduate assistant coach at UConn?

Chris Russo has lived in New Canaan for a very long time. I know a guy who plays tennis with him, and another who's his drinking buddy (pretty sure Mad Dog's drink is an occasional grass of Chardonnay :p )

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Imus also put them together

First I felt bad for Mike having to work with Chris.
But as they gained popularity and Mike's ego grew, that reversed.
Spot on..

I grew up listening to Mike & The Dog running errands with my dad when I was young, picking me up from practice was my father's favorite time of the day because he got an extra 45 mins of WFAN.

I actually didn't mind solo Dog, he did Saturday mornings. The time he re-did their intro for his own show was what started the drama between them early on.

I thought the 30 for 30 on them was like a skeleton of the whole story, was very disappointed in it.

Reaction Score
Chris Russo is worse at sports talk radio than Donny Marshall is at being the color commentator on tv. I’d rather punch myself in the face 1 million time than listen to Russo. No one cares about his San Francisco giants or tennis rants. It’s amazing that he became rich riding the coattails of Francesa.
I agree, but I thought Francesa was much worse.

Reaction Score
Mike and Dog were great for years and years. And they were the best interviewers in sports media, never backed down, always ask the right questions. And when someone famous from world of sports passed away, they were amazing in getting meaningful folks to reminisce

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Also, anyone remember when Russo asked if Daredevil was based on a true story?

Probably the best Boomer and Carton moment out there. Starts around 3:50 if you don't want to listen to the back and forth in the beginning of the video.

Reaction Score
Chris Russo is worse at sports talk radio than Donny Marshall is at being the color commentator on tv. I’d rather punch myself in the face 1 million time than listen to Russo. No one cares about his San Francisco giants or tennis rants. It’s amazing that he became rich riding the coattails of Francesa.

He is popular, in very high demand, and highly paid. He's done better since leaving Francesca. You either like his act or you don't. I see you as the latter.

Reaction Score
Chris Russo has lived in New Canaan for a very long time. I know a guy who plays tennis with him, and another who's his drinking buddy (pretty sure Mad Dog's drink is an occasional grass of Chardonnay :p )
Was he a fan of UConn and went to games before his son went there? I don't remember.

Reaction Score
But not a UConn fan until his son was there. As I thought.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mike liked Calhoun and Chris was an antagonist until JC's success became undeniable.
Nope. Mike killed JC until he won that natty.
Before that he was relentless calling him a guy who couldn't get it done in the clutch.

Reaction Score
Nope. Mike killed JC until he won that natty.
Before that he was relentless calling him a guy who couldn't get it done in the clutch.

They both double teamed him back then, because JC could be nasty in return. The difference is that Francesca actually knew College basketball, so his respect for JC came quickly. Watch the entire video.

Reaction Score
Life's too short. I was there the first time around. I even called the show to take on Mike's derogatory comments in 90's.
While you were calling in, I was too busy commuting or working and wondering why people waste their time calling a show and getting hung up on before they could even finish a thought. :cool:

Reaction Score
Friend of mine saw him at halftime of F4 game; just said: "Hey Mad Dog!" and Russo immediately went up to him, fist bumped him and said: "How about that Karaban!" I also met him at the CIAC HS championship game at Mohegan when his son played for New Canaan. Couldn't have been nicer and was as enthusiastic as always. His shtick may get old, but whose doesn't on radio when you have to fill 3-4 hours daily?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom