Mad Dog/DH | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mad Dog/DH

Reaction Score
Mike and Dog had a thing for Calipari so they rode his coattails as well as listening to him about the rumors of UConn UMass. JC wasn’t going to kiss their butts knowing this do he never was a great interview early on. Then they realized how good a coach he was and they both were suddenly fans and the respect grew late.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Mike and the Mad Dog were the best plain and simple.
Mike does a podcast which is okay as he still knows sports, but he also rode Bill Parcells coattails for a while because of their relationship.

Russo can be difficult at times when talking about the San Francisco Giants, but otherwise, he is pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Russo always had a lot of energy and enthusiasm but his actual voice hurts my ears. I enjoyed listening to him and Mike yelling at each other and will always be grateful for them persuading the Mets to trade for Piazza.
he also would call mike out on his BS....which was sorely lacking post split.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
No…,just no. Nobody is worse than Stephen A. That award is retired.
Well with the amount of money Mad Dog and Stephen A are making the BY opinion is certainly not consistent with public opinion.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
While you were calling in, I was too busy commuting or working and wondering why people waste their time calling a show and getting hung up on before they could even finish a thought. :cool:
What is that have to do with you not knowing what you're talking about?

Reaction Score
Francesca is an egomaniac who thinks he knows it all. His condescending approach to everyday callers while kissing the butts of the sports famous in interviews was legendary. Many people hated him for that but he does know something about sports and at times his assured predictions flat wrong.

Reaction Score
At the risk of missing some intended sarcasm on your part, it seems you forgot or missed one of the great demonstrations of Russo’s stupidity when he was on radio

Again, if it weren’t for Craig Carton, he’d be the biggest moron to ever denigrate sports media. It’s hilarious he is now paired with SAS
I would imagine Stephen A. is enough of an annoying bloviating idiot to make Mad Dog somewhat tolerable.

Reaction Score
On WFAN 20th anniversary, Mike and Dog had lists of best teams, best moments, best games, in NYC. Best coaches were Parcells, Torre, Riley, one other coach (hockey maybe? Coughlin?). they struggled to come up with the fifth until Mike said "it's Jim Calhoun, no question" and Doggie agreed

Reaction Score
JC also didn’t talk to Mike & Chris for over 5 years after the Rod Sellers incident. I believe they called him a thug and he boycotted th3 show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom