Mack to VCU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mack to VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look at the bright side.
When Smart replaces Ollie in a couple of years, he will be able to bring quality recruits to UConn.

Reaction Score
It is close. Look again. As for Williams, he is considered by many to be a better player already. Again, the status of Hamilton is going to be up in the air after his soph year, and Calhoun won't even be here.
We've already had this discussion. I already mentioned you should just keep on being clueless.

Reaction Score
I certainly hope that uvcu isnt recruiting Kegler or these other guys because our staff has shown that it simply cannot beat them on the recruiting trail. Uvcu is clearly a destination blueblood program otherwise how could we keep losing out to them?

This hurts because we all know that we aren't getting jones or Briscoe.

Its Stone or nothing.

Well, UConn did get Jeremy Lamb.

Reaction Score
We've already had this discussion. I already mentioned you should just keep on being clueless.

We did have it, and last time you moronically believed that 2017 was really 2015. Your math is off. If you want to count better, the link is there. Easy to see. But since your posts offer nothing as substance, there's nothing more to say.

Reaction Score
I certainly hope that uvcu isnt recruiting Kegler or these other guys because our staff has shown that it simply cannot beat them on the recruiting trail. Uvcu is clearly a destination blueblood program otherwise how could we keep losing out to them?

This hurts because we all know that we aren't getting jones or Briscoe.

Its Stone or nothing.

If we don't land Stone, I don't think we should collectively declare that the sky is falling, but there should be a few questions raised about our recruiting this season. Adams and Enoch are fantastic players, but for a team that is coming off of a national championship and a new practice facility, it's a bit short of expectations, at least in my mind. While the conference may have something to do with it, that can't be the only reason - VCU is playing in the A10, Jones is at least seriously considering UNLV, and they're playing in the Mountain West. Again, I'm not trying to denigrate what we have and what we have done with less. I think KO is a fantastic coach and a good recruiter, and this year could be anomalous, but it's certainly worth a discussion.

Reaction Score
Upstater ... I think you're wrong.

I do think this was a roster & playing time assessment. Tevin Mack thinks he'll play earlier & more with VCU. The other factor - that we won't know - he might prefer Shaka to KO; never know. I think the VCU path to the floor is easier.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about big minutes. I don't think Brimah got the minutes you think he did. A kid getting 10-12 minutes is about right. In fact, that's what Daniels got.

Boatright is understandable. Remember the Brendan Allen experiment? That's who played a lot of minutes when Boatright was suspended.

Brimah played 16/game and would have gotten more if he didn't foul so much. You can come up with explanations for any of them, but the fact is that good freshmen will generally get minutes. Hamilton's going to be a starter this year. Brimah was at least a co-starter most of last year. Calhoun started the year before. Drummond got a ton of minutes the year before that. 2011 the team was mostly freshmen. Etc., etc., etc.

Reaction Score
I really wanted this kid because he does bring an outside shot with him; at least based upon the videos. We were late to the game with Mack and while we don't "must have' at his position he would have been a good signing. Congratulations to VCU who was on him the longest and good luck to Mack in his college career.

Reaction Score
Brimah played 16/game and would have gotten more if he didn't foul so much. You can come up with explanations for any of them, but the fact is that good freshmen will generally get minutes. Hamilton's going to be a starter this year. Brimah was at least a co-starter most of last year. Calhoun started the year before. Drummond got a ton of minutes the year before that. 2011 the team was mostly freshmen. Etc., etc., etc.

The team is thin. There are minutes. But there weren't for many of our stars prior to the last couple years. Kemba, Napier, Daniels. And even going back over the years. Some kids got them by default because we were thin at the position. I don't think Mack should complain if he only gets 12-15 at VCU, not given the 3 upper classmen at the 2/3 and the 2 kids Williams and Larrier. Looking at what they have, I doubt he will see 25 minutes next year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I do think this was a roster & playing time assessment. Tevin Mack thinks he'll play earlier & more with VCU. The other factor - that we won't know - he might prefer Shaka to KO; never know. I think the VCU path to the floor is easier.
Loyalty. Vcu was on him early, we were the last to come in.

Reaction Score
We did have it, and last time you moronically believed that 2017 was really 2015. Your math is off. If you want to count better, the link is there. Easy to see. But since your posts offer nothing as substance, there's nothing more to say.
Not sure what 2017 has to do with a kid who says this:

“I’m trying to figure out where I can go and play right away,” Mack said. “I’ve got portfolios on every school and I know their players and who they’ve offered and who they are recruiting because I did a lot of research on that and I know where I can come in and fit in right away.”

Reaction Score

As a freshman, he should get more minutes at VCU. But after that? I know Calhoun won't be here in 16-17 and I don't expect to see Hamilton as a junior at UConn.

Reaction Score
The team is thin. There are minutes. But there weren't for many of our stars prior to the last couple years. Kemba, Napier, Daniels. And even going back over the years. Some kids got them by default because we were thin at the position. I don't think Mack should complain if he only gets 12-15 at VCU, not given the 3 upper classmen at the 2/3 and the 2 kids Williams and Larrier. Looking at what they have, I doubt he will see 25 minutes next year.

Walker played 25.2mpg as a freshman. Napier played 23.8mpg, which was less than both Roscoe and Lamb. In 2010, Oriakhi played 24.6. I can do this all day, or do you just want to admit that your "axiom" is nonsense and move on?

Reaction Score
You were suckered into believing UConn was actually the second choice and that the kid was grappling with the decision. The Dreher coach this morning tweeted that Tevin was still undecided as of 9:30 am but that he would be announcing at 12. If you believe that, you'll buy anything.

I wonder if the theories and conspiracies you come up with about recruiting actually seem legitimate to you when you type them. You and Superjohn are cut from the same cloth. UConn's never lost a recruit - they've always been paid, had bad grades, UConn didn't really want them . . . .

Reaction Score
any dudes here graduate from UCONN?

any present who matriculated main campus?

2 points:
a) curriculum is very challenging, you must attend class, you must study and you better bring your A+ game to midterm exams and finals and you also must write your own research papers
b) it is snow belt and you must persevere, but it helps if you meet some coeds who be nice to you

conclusion: most hoop recruits are shaken up when they see the vast campus and they know UCONN is all about hard work on and off the court therefore they take paths much more in tune with their persona chosen methods

result: these factors help olliewood in his efforts to continue to win titles because it guarantees that very well rounded individuals wishing to self actualize in Storrs arrive on first day of official practice in the correct uniform with name on front spelled "UCONN"

please get spelling correct if you are true husky fan

Reaction Score
Cool. Do what u want with what I pass on.

I can't exactly take back the 5 shots of Jameson I took after you said Mack was going to commit to UConn with 24 hours, can I?

Reaction Score
Not sure what 2017 has to do with a kid who says this:

“I’m trying to figure out where I can go and play right away,” Mack said. “I’ve got portfolios on every school and I know their players and who they’ve offered and who they are recruiting because I did a lot of research on that and I know where I can come in and fit in right away.”

2017 has every thing to do with it. In your response from 2 days ago when I was mentioning Kegler and King, you were talking about Calhoun. He's not going to be here in 2017. As for Mack, in 2016-2017, he will be a sophomore. He will be there with Larrier and Williams at the 2/3. At UConn, we'll have Purvis the senior. No Hamilton, no Calhoun. This is pretty obvious stuff, as simple as 3 > 2.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the theories and conspiracies you come up with about recruiting actually seem legitimate to you when you type them. You and Superjohn are cut from the same cloth. UConn's never lost a recruit - they've always been paid, had bad grades, UConn didn't really want them . . . .

So you actually believe the coach tweeted that the kid didn't know where he was going 2 hours before the press conference? And his friends were teeting UConn during it? Unfathomable stupidity.

Reaction Score
Walker played 25.2mpg as a freshman. Napier played 23.8mpg, which was less than both Roscoe and Lamb. In 2010, Oriakhi played 24.6. I can do this all day, or do you just want to admit that your "axiom" is nonsense and move on?

Eh, I thought they'd played less. So point taken. Still, look at 2016-2017 at UConn. Who plays the 3? Who plays the 2? 80 minutes between the two positions.

Reaction Score
I really don't care why he didn't commit here. He didn't good luck to him and goodbye. Next.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncb...cout's Take: VCU lands ESPN 100 SF Tevin Mack

ESPN Insider article.

Why he committed: How he was recruited and the overall feel of VCU's program was very impressive to Mack. The culture and atmosphere was something that stood out to him, and the opportunity to put his stamp on the program -- especially offensively -- from Day 1 was very important.

"VCU recruited me really hard," Mack said. "They have a family environment. The players are like a brotherhood. They play a great schedule and coach [Shaka] Smart is a great coach. I can play and have an impact right away scoring."

Coach Smart said he believes in me and he thinks I could be a 2,000-point scorer" Mack said.

The Rams' "Havoc" defense was also a factor in his decision.

"I am long and athletic," Mack said. "I will fit right into the press."

Reaction Score
I can't exactly take back the 5 shots of Jameson I took after you said Mack was going to commit to UConn with 24 hours, can I?

Hey joy of recruiting. Things change quickly. It is a poor man's Hamlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog