LV's vs. DePaul. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LV's vs. DePaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Here's a quote from Rick Insell MTSU coach about Tennessee "I knew they'd be ready to play. I mean good gracious. You know championship teams (what Tennessee aspires to be). We've got our sights set on winning championships, too, but we're not at the level that Tennessee's at. You've got to come and play every night. Tonight they came and played Middle Tennessee. That run that they made, I think if you'll look back, Pat took out some of her players. I think Massengale might have been sitting on the bench and maybe Johnson at one time when they made that run. The kids that they bring in are so good. I said this before to my coaches; I say this to ya'll. When they shoot the basketball, they got a shot to win the national championship, if they shoot the basketball, if they knock down shots, but of course if you live by that, you also die by it, but they're as athletic, as good as anybody in the country that I've seen, and I've seen most of them either last year on TV, this year so far. When they shoot the basketball, it matters not."

Really, who the heck is Rick Insell? A 26 year former (and very successful) high school coach and a good mid-major college for a few years? And we should read what he says about Summitt and Tennessee and have it mean something?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Really, who the heck is Rick Insell? A 26 year former (and very successful) high school coach and a good mid-major college for a few years? And we should read what he says about Summitt and Tennessee and have it mean something?
He is a good coach. MTSU has been successful with him as coach. They have been in NCAA tournament every year he has been there.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Attendance at this year's Maggie Dixon Classic was 5,486 which is the lowest since the MDC began in 2008. I recall reading that Rutgers and Duke will play in next year's classic. Hopefully the date will not conflict with exams and UConn can play as well.

Attendance at previous MDCs:

2010 UConn v OSU & aTm v Rutgers -- 15,232
2009 Tenn v Rutgers & Baylor v BC -- 7,100
2008 UConn v PSU & Rutgers v Army -- 9,417

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
He is a good coach. MTSU has been successful with him as coach. They have been in NCAA tournament every year he has been there.
So??? There are hundreds of good coaches. What is the signifigance of what he has to say about Pat? Other than he said it about Pat. And what does it have to do with this thread?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
lurking on my "comments" waiting to pounce :)
You have quite the ego if you think I lurk, waiting to pounce on your posts.

Someone called you controversial in the thread about favorite posters and you certainaly embrace that role. You should take a close look at this thread and ask yourself why you are singling me out when several people pounced on your post.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So??? There are hundreds of good coaches. What is the signifigance of what he has to say about Pat? Other than he said it about Pat. And what does it have to do with this thread?
There was talk in this topic. Is Tennessee a final four team? That's why I added the quote. Since his team(MTSU) has played Tennessee. Tennessee has a fast and athletic team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You have quite the ego if you think I lurk, waiting to pounce on your posts.

Someone called you controversial in the thread about favorite posters and you certainaly embrace that role. You should take a close look at this thread and ask yourself why you are singling me out when several people pounced on your post.
you're the only that put a Tn-love twist on it... the others argued my comments/opinion ;)

Reaction Score
Attendance at this year's Maggie Dixon Classic was 5,486 which is the lowest since the MDC began in 2008. I recall reading that Rutgers and Duke will play in next year's classic. Hopefully the date will not conflict with exams and UConn can play as well.

Attendance at previous MDCs:

2010 UConn v OSU & aTm v Rutgers -- 15,232
2009 Tenn v Rutgers & Baylor v BC -- 7,100
2008 UConn v PSU & Rutgers v Army -- 9,417

I wonder if this is not at least partially due to the strange starting times or is that typical with the classic?
Mickie

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I wonder if this is not at least partially due to the strange starting times or is that typical with the classic?
Mickie
The 11 am starting time was personally a pain, at both ends. That said, it is only an hour different than prior starting times of noon, so unlikely to be the dfifference-maker for people considering attedning. More of an issue was having no local team with a strong fan base (yes, I know St. John's is local, but when they typically draw under 1K to home games, they didn't contribute much to the attendance).

On when UConn is invited, I haven't heard anything definitive, but I think it is true that whenever UConn isn't there, it is because, as with this year, it falls during finals.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
TN has looked bad at times but so have all the other top teams including UCONN. I think all the teams in the top 10 have the potential to make it to the final 4. As Texas A&M and Notre Dame showed us last year it all comes down to how the team gels late in the season. Also injuries and match ups will be crucial.

Dont even try and compare UConn to TN. UConn is blowing everybody out. TN is struggleing with more experience and more AAs and more upperclassman. TN has been struggleing for the past 4 years. Dont defend them and make excuses to why. Hey UConn won a NC without EDD and Jess McCormack. UConn got to the FF without Mel Thomas and Kalana Greene. Just think . There is a problem at TN in my eyes. TN has alot of talent and yesterday Depaul had 4 players on the bench in if you really want to look at it TN was playing Depauls 2ed string.
Now some TN fans say I hate TN. This post is telling you the truth. Im not picking on any player, Im not making things up. Tell me I didnt see what I saw and posted?

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Dont even try and compare UConn to TN. UConn is blowing everybody out. TN is struggleing with more experience and more AAs and more upperclassman. TN has been struggleing for the past 4 years. Dont defend them and make excuses to why. Hey UConn won a NC without EDD and Jess McCormack. UConn got to the FF without Mel Thomas and Kalana Greene. Just think . There is a problem at TN in my eyes. TN has alot of talent and yesterday Depaul had 4 players on the bench in if you really want to look at it TN was playing Depauls 2ed string.
Now some TN fans say I hate TN. This post is telling you the truth. Im not picking on any player, Im not making things up. Tell me I didnt see what I saw and posted?
What am I supposed to be telling you? So Depaul's injuries matter but TN's don't? I didn't see the UCONN/Seton Hall game but from looking at the box score and reading comments here UCONN didn't look very good. It looks to me like all the top teams have had their off games and there is no doubt at all that TN has the potential to make the final 4 this year. I believe many UCONN fans agree with this. The question is if they will pull it together when it counts. IMO UCONN, Stanford, Notre Dame, Baylor, Texas A&M all have the potential to win it all plus the experience of winning in the post season. TN, Duke, Miami, Kentucky, and Maryland also have the potential but they have to show that they can pull it together when it counts the most. These early games are important when it comes to seeding but I expect most of these teams will look very different in the post season.

Reaction Score
DePaul is a horrific shooting team. I havent looked at the shooting %, but I'll not be surprised if it's <20%.
I know before the game: Martin was shooting 57% from the field, and 57% for 3-pointers. She was in foul trouble on Sunday; I don't know about the rest of the team.

Reaction Score
I know before the game: Martin was shooting 57% from the field, and 57% for 3-pointers. She was in foul trouble on Sunday; I don't know about the rest of the team.

May have been an aberration, but boy were they terrible yesterday, esp in 1st half.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It looks to me like all the top teams have had their off games

There are off games, and then there are OFF games. When ND, Baylor, Uconn or Stanford lose to a team like Virginia, let me know.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What am I supposed to be telling you? So Depaul's injuries matter but TN's don't? I didn't see the UCONN/Seton Hall game but from looking at the box score and reading comments here UCONN didn't look very good. It looks to me like all the top teams have had their off games and there is no doubt at all that TN has the potential to make the final 4 this year. I believe many UCONN fans agree with this. The question is if they will pull it together when it counts. IMO UCONN, Stanford, Notre Dame, Baylor, Texas A&M all have the potential to win it all plus the experience of winning in the post season. TN, Duke, Miami, Kentucky, and Maryland also have the potential but they have to show that they can pull it together when it counts the most. These early games are important when it comes to seeding but I expect most of these teams will look very different in the post season.

Depaul had 4 sitting TN had Ariel sitting. THe Seton Hall game UConn was up 20-0 and 30-2. Yeah they didnt look great but they had a big lead. In the second half it looked to me like Geno was making adjustments and trying stuff.

Outside of Baylor UConn ND and Stanford unless there is some big time improvement I dont see Duke Miami Kentucky TAM or MD making the FF. IMO to much missing. Now if my top 4 have major injuries they could make it. Out of those 5 Duke and Kentucky look pretty good.

TN has the talent to do it, but for 4 years theyve struggled. Againest Baylor TN looked pretty good as did Minny and St Johns and neither of them are ranked. Heck St Johns had a 6 pt lead in the beginning of the second half. So the comparsion by somebody who was saying TN played Baylor the closest is true but means nothing to me, because going by that St Johns would be better and I dont think they are. IMO if TN played to their potential they could be a top 4 team, but unfortunately havent. Now TN has RU. TN has a distinct height advantage and more experience. IMO TN should maintain a double diget lead. Lets see what happens tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom