Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
they would rather derail every thread because they can’t resist the urge to reply with the same complaint/ mock to every single one of his posts.

He can be incredibly annoying. But the people who make the same complaint over and over are even worse. At least you can find comedic value in his posts. The whiners add nothing.
If you'd have created a Poll to let consensus determine which is worse, this would have made for a really solid 200th post for the thread.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think my favorite chapter was when @CL82 thought he was actually talking with Whaler.
the best part of that is he was!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
the best part of that is he was!
I actually thought it was you, that's why I mentioned how you got banned on the slack to see what the reaction would be.

CL82

Reaction Score
We are all Chief and Chief is all of us.
Or in this case you were one of the puppeteers on TOS with like 20 sock puppets go in at the same time. So in this case it would be we are all August…;)
Dont tell me he's just your sock puppet.
I doubt it, but there was a bunch of sock puppets over on TOS when Chief was posting there. It was entertaining, and yet a little disturbing.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Or in this case you were one of the puppeteers on TOS with like 20 sock puppets go in at the same time. So in this case it would be we are all August…;)

I doubt it, but there was a bunch of sock puppets over on TOS when Chief was posting there. It was entertaining, and yet a little disturbing.
I saw some of that, all the avatars were correct but most of the handles were off by just an added punctuation mark.

Reaction Score
FWIW... these are all the recruits from 2022-2024 that I see in Murray's follows on Instagram. If nothing else, it makes it clear that he is going to expand our recruiting footprint into the mid-west and south... and that he's probably focusing on 2023, outside of getting us back in the mix with Karaban and Filipowski. Seems to have relationships with mid-west EYBL teams, particularly brad beal elite. I may have missed a few, but I think it's fairly complete.

Anyone know if we stand a chance with any of these 4*/5* guys?

2022:

Brandon Miller - #14 5* SF from TN (was recruiting him at Ville)
Jalen Washington - #20 5* PF from Indiana (Murray Primary recruiter at 'Ville)
AJ Casey #21 4* top 30 2022 (Murray noted as his primary recruiter for Louisville)... from illinois.
Kyle Filipowski - #58 4* PF/C from MA
Alex Karaban - #73 4* SF/PF from NH

Dillon Mitchell - 3* SF from Florida
Reid Bailey - Unranked? Goes to Brewster.

2023:

Akil Watson a 5* top 20 2023. From NY.
Kanaan Carlyle - 5* 2023 from Georgia
Mack Mgbako - 5* SF from Jersey
Taylor Bowen - high 4*/5* SF from Newport RI
Taison Chatman - High 4*/5* from MN
Nick Smith Jr. - High 4* SG from Arkansas.
Chance Westry - High 4* combo-guard from PA (goes to school in CA)
Jalen Hooks 4* SF from Indiana
Tre White - 4* SF, 2022 from CA
Kaleb Glenn - 4* SF from Louisville
Ty Rodgers - 4* SF from MI
Aaron Bradshaw - 4* C from NJ
Jeremy Fears Jr. - 4* PG from Indiana
Maki Johnson 3* CG from WV. Only ranked by 247.
Reid Ducharme -SG/SF unranked 2023
Gavin Griffiths Unranked 2023. Goes to KO.
TJ Power - Unranked. From MA.

2024:

Naas Cunningham - 5* SF

Last edited:
Reaction Score
they would rather derail every thread because they can’t resist the urge to reply with the same complaint/ mock to every single one of his posts.

He can be incredibly annoying. But the people who make the same complaint over and over are even worse. At least you can find comedic value in his posts. The whiners add nothing.
It’s derailments are classic Boneyard fodder. Hit men driving by it’s house, going to other site to bury the Boneyard, “blaze strategy” months before it opened,...
Great offseason entertainment watching it have mental breakdowns.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I thought it was fascinating. Like ants in the sun under a magnifying glass.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

☹️

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Well that was fast, Internet...

B0F7C11A-0ACD-4DC2-8058-7E2E15F488A9.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Keep an eye out for new Hawaiian golf shirts from William Murray Golf with Husky logos. LOL

Well that was fast, Internet...

View attachment 67278
I've been getting pop-ups for his clothing line here for years. I actually clicked on it a few times because I like him, the ads are good and the clothing looked interesting.

And then I remembered how absolutely ridiculous I look in Hawaiian shirts.

And don't get me started on bucket hats. It seems that once every ten years or so I forget that I look hideous in them and my wife isn't there to remind me, so somewhere I have a bag with a few different cool ones that I bought and have never worn.

Reaction Score

Wow now I remember why I left the boneyard for so long
Too many posters who should just text each other instead.

Anyone seriously know why Murray is not at LVILLE anymore?? Why DID he leave??

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am still waiting for my friend @Hans Sprungfeld, who says he’s not affiliated with the black helicopter conspiracy types, to catalog all my bad predictions that give me an upside down “W” aka “M” for predictions per him.
He has over a decade of predictions to play with and one would assume he did his homework before making that charge and can rattle off a long list?
Oh wait, it can’t be the various Dam Break recruits, Blaze recruits, KO/Diaco getting fired, Drummond coming that fall, Hurley hiring assistant by beginning of May, Freeman being symptom not cause, etc. Chief got all those right.
This idea that I am looking for praise, notoriety or affirmation by taking positions that I know will be unpopular with 75% of the casual fans here, is silly. Its almost as silly as me threatening to sue a message board. Yet, these conspiracy theories get paraded out, repeated without evidence and soon becomes conventional wisdom with a small group of conspiracy believing followers.
If Chief wanted to play to the crowd in the outfield bleachers and get Likes as these folks suggest, wouldn’t I just say James is going Top 10 rather than what my sources are saying? Hopefully, his current handler squad has a secret agreement with a team that has a top ten spot and the rest is deception. But, absent knowledge of that I must go with what my NBA sources are telling me. ......and get called a “horrible person”.
Chief I think people get upset because you make very vague statements, and then explain later what you meant by them after the news has broke. You will say only the casuals can’t make out what you mean but it seems the majority can’t. Maybe it’s time for a new approach??

Reaction Score
Wow now I remember why I left the boneyard for so long
Too many posters who should just text each other instead.

Anyone seriously know why Murray is not at LVILLE anymore?? Why DID he leave??
His contract expired and Mack decided to let a few assistants go after a disappointing season for the team

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I
I felt like Mr. Jones, sensing that something was going on but I didn't know what it was, did I?

Decided against examining things enough to figure it out past the minimum, and then one day re-appeared here a familiar name that joined on February 20th with more than 15,000 posts.

It's enough make me wonder what's up at Mchugo's Place.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
FWIW... these are all the recruits from 2022-2024 that I see in Murray's follows on Instagram. If nothing else, it makes it clear that he is going to expand our recruiting footprint into the mid-west and south... and that he's probably focusing on 2023, outside of getting us back in the mix with Karaban and Filipowski. Seems to have relationships with mid-west EYBL teams, particularly brad beal elite. I may have missed a few, but I think it's fairly complete.

Anyone know if we stand a chance with any of these 4*/5* guys?

2022:

Brandon Miller - #14 5* SF from TN (was recruiting him at Ville)
Jalen Washington - #20 5* PF from Indiana (Murray Primary recruiter at 'Ville)
AJ Casey #21 4* top 30 2022 (Murray noted as his primary recruiter for Louisville)... from illinois.
Kyle Filipowski - #58 4* PF/C from MA
Alex Karaban - #73 4* SF/PF from NH

Dillon Mitchell - 3* SF from Florida
Reid Bailey - Unranked? Goes to Brewster.

2023:

Akil Watson a 5* top 20 2023. From NY.
Kanaan Carlyle - 5* 2023 from Georgia
Mack Mgbako - 5* SF from Jersey
Taylor Bowen - high 4*/5* SF from Newport RI
Taison Chatman - High 4*/5* from MN
Nick Smith Jr. - High 4* SG from Arkansas.
Chance Westry - High 4* combo-guard from PA (goes to school in CA)
Jalen Hooks 4* SF from Indiana
Tre White - 4* SF, 2022 from CA
Kaleb Glenn - 4* SF from Louisville
Ty Rodgers - 4* SF from MI
Aaron Bradshaw - 4* C from NJ
Jeremy Fears Jr. - 4* PG from Indiana
Maki Johnson 3* CG from WV. Only ranked by 247.
Reid Ducharme -SG/SF unranked 2023
Gavin Griffiths Unranked 2023. Goes to KO.
TJ Power - Unranked. From MA.

2024:

Naas Cunningham - 5* SF
Seriously, thank you.

CL82

Reaction Score
You were a troubled child, weren't you?

;)

CL82

Reaction Score
I've been getting pop-ups for his clothing line here for years. I actually clicked on it a few times because I like him, the ads are good and the clothing looked interesting.

And then I remembered how absolutely ridiculous I look in Hawaiian shirts.

And don't get me started on bucket hats. It seems that once every ten years or so I forget that I look hideous in them and my wife isn't there to remind me, so somewhere I have a bag with a few different cool ones that I bought and have never worn.
Don't let you wife shame you! One of these days I have to have a BY BBQ with with the theme "wear what your wife hates." You can break out the Hawaiian shirts and @businesslawyer can blow the dust off of his cranberry pants. [Looks over shoulder to make sure wife isn't in room.] Who gives a crap what they think anyway?!

Reaction Score
Chief I think people get upset because you make very vague statements, and then explain later what you meant by them after the news has broke. You will say only the casuals can’t make out what you mean but it seems the majority can’t. Maybe it’s time for a new approach??

You don't understand the art of nuance above the casual understanding of it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom