Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Lol, sort of. I was trying to see if I could figure it who it was but I hadn't ruled out that it actually was Whaler. For a moment, TOS was brimming with activity and then it died again. I wonder what the regulars (all 6 of them) thought about it.
Did Whaler just walk away from this place or is it a banning?

Reaction Score
chief's depth of knowledge cannot be understood by the Casual Fan.

Good call!

Let me guess. He helped the staff land Luke with a Blaze strategy, predicted the Luke hire months ago, confirmed the hire, and is predicting a dam break. Also called out the casual fan. Rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

just sayin'

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Actually, amazingly given the usual small audience of the site, the Briefs were averaging 1k to 3k views there. What led to me coming back here is a little more complicated than is generally believed.

Your right hand must have been tired f5'ing and clicking your own posts. Chiefin' aint easy.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Did Whaler just walk away from this place or is it a banning?
I think he just walked away. I remember Tom linking to his slack chat so it feels like it was all on good terms.

Reaction Score
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

just sayin'
Can you write that in third person though?

CL82

Reaction Score
What is a source "extremely close to the portal"?
1620227235393.png

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, HobokenHusky has confirmed that he thinks it would be hilarious if all posters started posting in Chief vernacular.
Durks07 has heard the same and can confirm. Durks' therapist says that his sources are just voices in his head, and that he really needs to go outside and make real friends. Durks has a life: Providing inside information for the Uconn fans that need him after BField, Husky99, and Matrim post info on recruits, etc. Fear not, Durks will not abandon his admiring fans on the advice of a casual therapist.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, I am still waiting for my friend @Hans Sprungfeld, who says he’s not affiliated with the black helicopter conspiracy types, to catalog all my bad predictions that give me an upside down “W” aka “M” for predictions per him.
He has over a decade of predictions to play with and one would assume he did his homework before making that charge and can rattle off a long list?
Oh wait, it can’t be the various Dam Break recruits, Blaze recruits, KO/Diaco getting fired, Drummond coming that fall, Hurley hiring assistant by beginning of May, Freeman being symptom not cause, etc. Chief got all those right.
This idea that I am looking for praise, notoriety or affirmation by taking positions that I know will be unpopular with 75% of the casual fans here, is silly.
I'd sooner wait for Chief to unearth and post a single instance of my doubting in advance or disputing in the aftermath any predictions he has made. Not my gig.

I will acknowledge only that last Saturday, as I was about to enter the Branford Labyrinth that lies along the Shoreline Greenway Trial, 3 unmarked & very dark helicopters flew overhead.

Consider this Google screenshot that offers 3 different sources for a noted quotation about how much it matters who does and doesn't get credit.

Screenshot_20210505-110642.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

just sayin'
Casual observation

CL82

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, HobokenHusky has confirmed that he thinks it would be hilarious if all posters started posting in Chief vernacular.

Durks07 has heard the same and can confirm. Durks' therapist says that his sources are just voices in his head, and that he really needs to go outside and make real friends. Durks has a life: Providing inside information for the Uconn fans that need him after BField, Husky99, and Matrim post info on recruits, etc. Fear not, Durks will not abandon his admiring fans on the advice of a casual therapist.
Quite frankly, CL82 was considering suggesting “Chief Friday” as family friendly version of profanity Friday. But he was a little worried about triggering the chaters. CL82 thinks it would be hysterical. It is also harder to do than you would think. Definitely not for the casual fan.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
actually, el jeffe said the single most valuable thing here in the past year and a half when he pointed out the vitamin d thing, cuz now, screening bug admittees to hospital for vitamin d levels is standard protocol.
hey chief! the posse is out to git ya, and they're all riding pegasus! or mebbe they're all riding foghorn leghorn... giddyup!
Chanticleer-chicken-merry-go-round-Steeplechase-park-ca-1930.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Casual observation
Speaking of Casual observation, UCSouth wonders why @Chief00 refuses to answer his question in regards to the Casual Fan. This doesn't bother UCSouth, but it does seem strange that @Chief00 doesn't respond due to his penchant for stating his third person opinion.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
@Chief00 I'm still waiting for "Your" definition of Casual Fan, because it sure feels like a demeaning and insulting reference to the posters you are referring to.

It's a badge of honor

Reaction Score
Speaking of Casual observation, UCSouth wonders why @Chief00 refuses to answer his question in regards to the Casual Fan. This doesn't bother UCSouth, but it does seem strange that @Chief00 doesn't respond due to his penchant for stating his third person opinion.

Wow husky99 is not ok with @UCSouth jumping on my 3rd person buffoonery toward chief00. Husky99 hopes you will stop. (Ha)

Reaction Score
I have been suggesting this 'fix' for years. If you don't like his posts, put him on ignore. Easy-peasy.

they would rather derail every thread because they can’t resist the urge to reply with the same complaint/ mock to every single one of his posts.

He can be incredibly annoying. But the people who make the same complaint over and over are even worse. At least you can find comedic value in his posts. The whiners add nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom