Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
Most people here think it's an upside down M, but not Chief!
Mad mad mad mad skills. View attachment 67253

FACTS:
I said Hurley likes to have his recruiting staff intact by early May and the hire happened the first business day in May.

Weeks ago, I posted Freeman leaving was a “Symptom” not a “Cause”. Now even the most Casual Fan, who thought I was crazy, should now know what I meant. The Murray leaving Louisville was the “Cause”.

I go by facts not the clueless banter of the black helicopter conspiracy types you seem to affiliate with. Their Group Think is usually wrong and if I were you I wouldn’t be comforted by being in that echo chamber.

Reaction Score
i wonder if Ellis is totally sold on Louisville. We could really use another guard who can push tempo and shoot.
Not sure he could get out of the LOI at this point. Agreed he'd be a good add though.

Reaction Score
With new transfer rules, couldn't he enroll in U of L for a summer class, then immediately enter the transfer portal, transfer and be immediately eligible (Sid Wilson before the rules changed).

Could be, not really sure if that would work or not.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
bill murray assistance GIF
This is big. Lots of future comedians looking to commit to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Loved KFree as a player for us, was relentless with his effort on the court! Unfortunately, for whatever reason(s), it didn't seem to translate to the AC position. Hope he's successful in his new role.

That said, Luke M. looks a homerun hire! We already know the talent he can reel in and are already seeing this morning how respected he is among recruits! He has a great basketball mind as well, but it's his attitude and desire that seem to have DH most excited! Hurley's words seem to suggest what he thought was lacking in KF's approach.

Regarding Luke, Hurley said, "He has an extremely smart and talented basketball mind and has the commitment level and passion that we need to elevate this program to the championship level where UConn should be."
While the bolded line is the kind of thing you hear in most hires, it's hard not to read it as a subtle subtweet of Freeman.

Reaction Score
While the bolded line is the kind of thing you hear in most hires, it's hard not to read it as a subtle subtweet of Freeman.
He mentioned Kimani’s amazing work effort when he hired him too. Could be wrong but think it’s all coincidental. Kevin was allowed to find another job at the school that may be a better fit for him, there would be no need to kick him while he’s down. DH has been very intentional about managing relationships with former legends after replacing KO. I doubt he’s sub quoting guys let go.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He mentioned Kimani’s amazing work effort when he hired him too. Could be wrong but think it’s all coincidental. Kevin was allowed to find another job at the school that may be a better fit for him, there would be no need to kick him while he’s down. DH has been very intentional about managing relationships with former legends after replacing KO. I doubt he’s sub quoting guys let go.

I think that connection to prior players was part of what he hoped Kevin would bring. In his new capacity Kevin can continue that work while being freed from the recruiting grind. Everyone wins.

Reaction Score
FACTS:
I said Hurley likes to have his recruiting staff intact by early May and the hire happened the first business day in May.

Weeks ago, I posted Freeman leaving was a “Symptom” not a “Cause”. Now even the most Casual Fan, who thought I was crazy, should now know what I meant. The Murray leaving Louisville was the “Cause”.

I go by facts not the clueless banter of the black helicopter conspiracy types you seem to affiliate with. Their Group Think is usually wrong and if I were you I wouldn’t be comforted by being in that echo chamber.
Can you disappear again back to the other board? I can't tell if you're playing some Andy Kaufman type character or you are just the biggest joke on the planet

Reaction Score
With new transfer rules, couldn't he enroll in U of L for a summer class, then immediately enter the transfer portal, transfer and be immediately eligible (Sid Wilson before the rules changed).
Not allowed under NCAA rules.

Reaction Score
Can you disappear again back to the other board? I can't tell if you're playing some Andy Kaufman type character or you are just the biggest joke on the planet
If we all ignore him with the two-way ignore feature, he'll go away because he won't see any posts, and he'll know no one is reading his posts. We need to start a massive "Two-way ignore Chief!" campaign! I will start by being the change I want to see in the world.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Be honest. I bet you had trouble writing in the third person.
I had some trouble reading it.
View attachment 67254

I'm choosing to take this as a good sign
I'll take the "24.7k Likes" that appears beneath his name as a 24/7 sign.
I thought you left?
Pursuing new strategy to bury this site, this time from the inside.
If we all ignore him with the two-way ignore feature, he'll go away because he won't see any posts, and he'll know no one is reading his posts. We need to start a massive "Two-way ignore Chief!" campaign! I will start by being the change I want to see in the world.
Dislike button 2.0?
Or was that before your time?
FACTS:

My record reveals me repeatedly as a self-professed NON-Chater, so I'm no affiliate of "black helicopter conspiracy types." That said, the mere coinage and now multiple use of the phrase "black helicopter conspiracy types" is a dismaying absurdity, and I think it hurts your cause to traffic in such hyperbole.

You may or may not have access & knowledge as you imply or claim. I don't give it huge stock either way. But it's pretty easy to recognize that you are not the only one with sources and/or deserving of kudos, and that means that you don't warrant praise to the extent that your self-affirming posts maintain.

Whether your mis-proportioned self-regard is farcical or just a light ding on your persona that's borne of defensive insecurity isn't something I can reliably ascertain. Again, this doesn't trouble me as it does some others.

If it's no more than a pecadillo, it needn't be dealt with as more than something worthy of good-natured teasing. Hard to imagine that you - at your best - wouldn't recognize that some skepticism or ribbing "goes with the territory" you stake.

Who ever said that Chiefin' would or should be easy? This is a high major program with high aspirations, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom