Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Luke Murray Hired as Assistant Coach

Reaction Score
Well I guess Hurley's time working with Murray really paid off. Grear hire from all accounts. Though this hire doesn't sound like it enlarge our geographical reach with recruits.

Reaction Score
awesome. borges needs a new hobby because i don't think he can count beat writer as his job anymore
To be fair most local reporters for UConn are getting their ass handed to em with National guys. Don’t think it’s their fault. Seems to be the trend nationally. The articles they write are really good tho. Minus one .

Reaction Score
Well I guess Hurley's time working with Murray really paid off. Grear hire from all accounts. Though this hire doesn't sound like it enlarge our geographical reach with recruits.
Hurley hinted that hiring Luke would do so. And I mean if you think about it in absolute terms, I'm positive Luke has more national connections than Kevin Freeman did.

Reaction Score
i know louisville is in kentucky (a midwestern/Appalachian/southeastern state yadda yadda yadda) but by virtue of being in the ACC they were recruiting players from the south atlantic i.e. virginia through the carolinas and into FL. imo he represents a logical/gradual expansion of our recruiting footprint southwards.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Okay more focus on Luke.

He signed Aidan Igiehon as the primary recruiter as a 5* at Louisvlle. Beat us out in the process.

Player didn't work out, but the pull is real.
Louisville’s recruiting went bonkers with him on their staff. We lost El Ellis to him too.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
awesome. borges needs a new hobby because i don't think he can count beat writer as his job anymore
We have the worst beat writers they don’t know or are towing the program line in unison. I wish I got paid to retweet things.

Reaction Score
A few of thus also called this chief
Outside of the job posting expiration date last week, pervasive rumors it would be Murray, and widely reported fact that Murray’s contract with Louisville expired on Saturday, how could anyone have possibly predicted an accurate 1.5 week window for when the hiring would be finalized without ultimate connections?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
tumblr.gif

Reaction Score
Confirmed
I know, no surprise but Confirmed nevertheless.
Update - see the press release.
By first week in May as Chief predicted. In fact first “business day”.
Alright then, it seems that your job is done. Have a nice life and don't let the door hit you on the backside on your way out.?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We have the worst beat writers they don’t know or are towing the program line in unison. I wish I got paid to retweet things.

These are both outstanding jabs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Outside of the job posting expiration date last week, pervasive rumors it would be Murray, and widely reported fact that Murray’s contract with Louisville expired on Saturday, how could anyone have possible predicted an accurate 1.5 week window for when the hiring would be finalized without ultimate connections?
It’s really uncanny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom