Lukas Kisunas in Hoop hall today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas in Hoop hall today

Reaction Score
Great answer from Kisunas regarding playing time and having to "earn it". Why ask a question regarding the Balls? Really ignorant you had a nice run on UConn thoughts until then.

Didn't see that question as out of context given kid is doing just about the opposite of the Balls. He is from Lithuania and came to the USA to play high school and college ball and the Balls (about his age, one younger and one a year older in grade terms) skip USA college ball to play in Lithuania. His comment on what being coached in and playing some "European" ball seems to be germane as this is what he gave up to come to USA. Not a necessary question but still ok.

Reaction Score
UConn target Sherif Kenney draws comparisons Khalid El-Amin

Good article from David Borges of the New Haven Register who was there yesterday also and interviewed Kenney and Kisunas.

With 5 points, 3 assists and 4 turnovers, Kenney looks like he could fit right in this year........with the turnovers at least.

Just trying to add some levity here, so don't anyone get their shorts in a wad. Interesting his coach commented on his weight though and he admitted he needs to work on it. When I mentioned it in a post last night it was because he didn't seem to have the quickness Ollie always
talks about wanting in his players.

Having said that, none of us know all that our coaches look for when recruiting a high school junior guard so I think we all need to be careful about hyping or criticizing the kids. I know how I felt when I saw we signed a 5'10", 220 pound, point guard from Minnesota. It was, "are you kidding me"? How's he going to be able to play in the Big East? Turned out to be one of the most important recruits in UConn history.

Showed how much I knew about an individual's heart and motivation. Taliek Brown and Shabazz Napier also proved a lot of people wrong.

Reaction Score
With 5 points, 3 assists and 4 turnovers, Kenney looks like he could fit right in this year...with the turnovers at least.

Just trying to add some levity here, so don't anyone get their shorts in a wad. Interesting his coach commented on his weight though and he admitted he needs to work on it. When I mentioned it in a post last night it was because he didn't seem to have the quickness Ollie always
talks about wanting in his players.

Having said that, none of us know all that our coaches look for when recruiting a high school junior guard so I think we all need to be careful about hyping or criticizing the kids. I know how I felt when I saw we signed a 5'10", 220 pound, point guard from Minnesota. It was, "are you kidding me"? How's he going to be able to play in the Big East? Turned out to be one of the most important recruits in UConn history.

Showed how much I knew about an individual's heart and motivation. Taliek Brown and Shabazz Napier also proved a lot of people wrong.

You know that Khalid and Taliek were top 20 recruits in the country and McDonald's AA's, right? And Bazz was a top 75ish player, too? Certainly they all had huge heart, testiculos, etc. But it's not like they were these unknowns who overcame great odds.

pj

Reaction Score
With two small point guards in the fold in Gilbert and Akinjo, they seem to be looking for a distributor with size. No idea if Kenney is good, seems to be a wide dispersion in ratings, he's #59 nationally on 247 but 118 in rivals and unranked in ESPN. This may be partly about continuing to build the Brewster pipeline.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom