Lukas Kisunas in Hoop hall today | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas in Hoop hall today

Reaction Score
Just got back from Hoop hall in Springfield. Saw several of our players n targets.

Kisunas is very impressive. He has a vise-like grip with the ball. He got the ball at the top of the key 3 times and made assist like passes to open man for 2 layups and a shooting foul. He is not the quickest guy but was constantly beating his man down the floor. I was most impressed with his defense. He was always in the right position and did not foul once. He had 2 monster blocks. The thing about his defense is that he uses his big body to force the opposing players to take different angles that makes their shot difficult. His hands were always straight up. He will draw a bunch of charges ala Phil Nolan. He is miles ahead of Carlton now in the defensive n passing end. I briefly spoke to him after the game. He is legit 6'11' and is definitely UCONN bound. He shot 3-6 on the free throw line today. The form was good but they were not falling. Brewster has four high D1 players (West Virginia, Oregon, Nebraska and UCONN) who are 6'9" and taller. He is going to get a lot better practicing against those guys. The best overall player for Brewster is Isiah Mucious, he can shoot, drive and pass. A huge miss for UCONN. Shariff Keney- sorry but not impressed at all. He can't shoot or drive, not good for a shooting guard.

Bol Bol is a freak, never saw anyone that big with such a soft touch. He should be the best center in the NBA in 3 yrs. Jalen Carey is also good, he needs to improve his shot. His handle n passing is adequate to be a ACC point guard

FYI- Dan Hurley was there the whole day, so was Raphael Chillious. Calipari was there and saw Scottie Lewis only

Reaction Score
Chill doing the Blaze thing.
Strange, there was no interaction between them. They were sitting two rows apart. Danny boy Hurley had his whole entourage there

Reaction Score
6-11? If he is a legit 6-11 then he is under ranked for what he can do.
He is, I was standing next to him n watching the Vermont academy game when I got to ask a few questions. His ranking jump like 40 places this summer. The thing with a team of 5 guys 6'9" or above is that your minutes will be limited. I don't think that he will jump that much higher bcause of the limited exposure. He is the best big if he is on the Uconn team right now. He makes himself such a big target on the offensive and defensive end. His fundamentals are so sound with the hands and footwork. These things translate over in every level. He is good for 10 and 8 every game per his coach. If he plays 35 minutes every game. I have no doubt that he'll be a double digit re bounder

Reaction Score
Chill doing the Blaze thing.
BTW, heard several coaches talking about meeting in Champions sport bar ( Springfield) tonight after the games. U might want to go there and get us some inside info

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks much for the update on Lukas - I am excited to see him in a UConn uniform
Can't believe he is 6'11" but if you say so - that's icing on the cake
A legit big guy with hands and skills - WOW

C

Chief00

He is, I was standing next to him n watching the Vermont academy game when I got to ask a few questions. His ranking jump like 40 places this summer. The thing with a team of 5 guys 6'9" or above is that your minutes will be limited. I don't think that he will jump that much higher bcause of the limited exposure. He is the best big if he is on the Uconn team right now. He makes himself such a big target on the offensive and defensive end. His fundamentals are so sound with the hands and footwork. These things translate over in every level. He is good for 10 and 8 every game per his coach. If he plays 35 minutes every game. I have no doubt that he'll be a double digit re bounder

Good report.

Reaction Score
Good solid information. Thank you very much for posting. More good feedback on Lukas.

C

Chief00

BTW, heard several coaches talking about meeting in Champions sport bar ( Springfield) tonight after the games. U might want to go there and get us some inside info

I will try to catch up with Chill. He’s a worker - New Orleans to Springfield to Memphis. I hope all the coaches are working that hard.

C

Chief00

Strange, there was no interaction between them. They were sitting two rows apart. Danny boy Hurley had his whole entourage there

Did you get to talk to Tom Moore?

Reaction Score
Sounds like we’re in good shape with the bigs. Now we need a crack 3 point shooter or 2.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
His fundamentals are so sound with the hands and footwork. These things translate over in every level. He is good for 10 and 8 every game per his coach.

This will be a freakin revelation.

Reaction Score
I was there, too.

Bol Bol was incredible. He really is a sight to see live.

I liked Kisunas. He's def. bigger than 6'8. And i'll echo Whtdmd's thoughts - the defense is good, offense is a work in progress. He can def. pass, reminds me of a more physical Cobb with just flat out more raw skill. I think he's more advanced than almost all of our bigs right now. He'll def. contribute in year-1. If he stays four years, he could be an outstanding senior.

Reaction Score
Just got back from Hoop hall in Springfield. Saw several of our players n targets.

Kisunas is very impressive. He has a vise-like grip with the ball. He got the ball at the top of the key 3 times and made assist like passes to open man for 2 layups and a shooting foul. He is not the quickest guy but was constantly beating his man down the floor. I was most impressed with his defense. He was always in the right position and did not foul once. He had 2 monster blocks. The thing about his defense is that he uses his big body to force the opposing players to take different angles that makes their shot difficult. His hands were always straight up. He will draw a bunch of charges ala Phil Nolan. He is miles ahead of Carlton now in the defensive n passing end. I briefly spoke to him after the game. He is legit 6'11' and is definitely UCONN bound. He shot 3-6 on the free throw line today. The form was good but they were not falling. Brewster has four high D1 players (West Virginia, Oregon, Nebraska and UCONN) who are 6'9" and taller. He is going to get a lot better practicing against those guys. The best overall player for Brewster is Isiah Mucious, he can shoot, drive and pass. A huge miss for UCONN. Shariff Keney- sorry but not impressed at all. He can't shoot or drive, not good for a shooting guard.

Bol Bol is a freak, never saw anyone that big with such a soft touch. He should be the best center in the NBA in 3 yrs. Jalen Carey is also good, he needs to improve his shot. His handle n passing is adequate to be a ACC point guard

FYI- Dan Hurley was there the whole day, so was Raphael Chillious. Calipari was there and saw Scottie Lewis only
Hopefully just an off day for Kenney. It seems like we lead for him. Good to hear about Kisunas though.

I saw we offered Juwan Gary today. Did you watch him at all? Not positive he was there, just assuming because of the offer coming today.

Reaction Score
Sherif Kenney must have had an off day, he's definitely worth pursuing

Reaction Score
Hopefully just an off day for Kenney. It seems like we lead for him. Good to hear about Kisunas though.

I saw we offered Juwan Gary today. Did you watch him at all? Not positive he was there, just assuming because of the offer coming today.
Not sure what u r hoping for with him. If he cant shoot or beat his man one on one. He cant be a starting UCONN shooting guard. Shooting n foot speed r very difficult to improve. He actually remains me of Eric Ayala with slower footwork. Did not notice Juwan Gary. Might of seen him but too many games

Reaction Score
Not sure what u r hoping for with him. If he cant shoot or beat his man one on one. He cant be a starting UCONN shooting guard. Shooting n foot speed r very difficult to improve. He actually remains me of Eric Ayala with slower footwork. Did not notice Juwan Gary. Might of seen him but too many games
I know what you mean, I always had that issue with Ayala’s game. Kenney has a bigger frame so I was thinking maybe a Marcus Smart style “power guard,” but seems like he’s got a ways to go.

Reaction Score
I know what you mean, I always had that issue with Ayala’s game. Kenney has a bigger frame so I was thinking maybe a Marcus Smart style “power guard,” but seems like he’s got a ways to go.

I saw Kenney and Kisunas at the Albertus Magnus tournament in November and have to say neither looked good that day. Kenney looked overweight and wasn't effective and Kisunas looked smaller than 6'11" and was scored over repeatedly by athletic forwards on the other team. He also couldn't make a shot, showing no touch. Moved his feet quickly and maybe tried to help on defense too much which lead to quick fouls both halve. His minutes were limited therefore.
Another big guy on his team is going to West Virginia and Huggins was there watching him. Huggins looked as if he shares Kenney's eating habits. Looks like he has a 60 inch waist, but he's getting an athletic big man from that team.

C

Chief00

I saw Kenney and Kisunas at the Albertus Magnus tournament in November and have to say neither looked good that day. Kenney looked overweight and wasn't effective and Kisunas looked smaller than 6'11" and was scored over repeatedly by athletic forwards on the other team. He also couldn't make a shot, showing no touch. Moved his feet quickly and maybe tried to help on defense too much which lead to quick fouls both halve. His minutes were limited therefore.
Another big guy on his team is going to West Virginia and Huggins was there watching him. Huggins looked as if he shares Kenney's eating habits. Looks like he has a 60 inch waist, but he's getting an athletic big man from that team.
Huggins can coach!

Reaction Score
Huggy has not looked healthy for several years. I’m reminded of Rick Majerus. Intervention time by his doc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom