Lukas Kisunas Commits to UConn | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Lukas Kisunas Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He nailed quite a few during games too, but it's more fun to pretend he fumbled the ball 100% of the time it was passed to him.
How do you not cut yourself on that edge.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I addressed this briefly in my post above:
2018 Recruiting: - Lukas Kisunas Commits to UConn

While you're not wrong, I think this shows up more at the NBA level, than the college level. When the athletic guys have enough skills to demolish less athletic guys. But even then, a guy like Tim Duncan, never to be mistaken for an elite athlete, rose to be arguably the best at his position ever, based largely on the strength of his fundamentals and skills. (yes, I understand he is probably the most extreme example available)

In college, just being an athlete is not enough; bigs are generally so raw. UK's athletes in 2014 were locked down by guys like DD and Giffey. Neither were elite athletes. I mean, Giffey was guarding Julius Randle well, not because he was elite athletically, but he had very, very sound fundamentals.

When you think about guys like Harangody, Curley, etc...fundamentals in college, at the big man position, can take you a long way.
One of the best posts on this site in a long time. Well done.

Reaction Score
Not at the time I saw the announcement. He was a mystery to me but when I saw him in the first exhibition game it was obvious he had the moxie to lead the team as a freshman. Hoping some of the new recruits will turn out the same.

Fair enough... He certainly did not possess the typical McD AA look, but he was a huge recruit who was very, very well-known on the scene. He's probably one of the top two or three recruits (based simply on rankings) we have ever landed.

Reaction Score
Watched video of Brewster tourney game in March. He's very raw. Hoping his offensive skillset improved over the summer as he had virtually none last year from what I viewed.

Not overly impressed wth the defensive skills either. Big body that gets his share of rebounds and clogs up middle. But no vertical. Stands in foul lane and puts his hands up. As a 6'9" center in HS, that's somewhat effective. In college if he does that he'll foul out in 10 minutes.

Based on his HS junior year videos, he's a project. Saying that, big men develop slower in HS than guards,. So if he commits to working on his skillset, and hopefully grows an inch or two, who knows? Will have a lot clearer picture of his potential at UConn after seeing his senior year at Brewster.

Reaction Score
I'm really glad to have this guy. It's not the most robust year for Bigs but he was targeted by a healthy collection of suitors and is said to have really impressed in the FIBA U18 European Championships.

Project or not, this sentence in an article about his Illinois offer made me feel really good about getting his commitment.

"Kisunas holds other offers from Boston College, Boston, Illinois, UConn, Creighton, Dartmouth, Davidson, DePaul, Hofstra, UMass, Northeastern, Northwestern, Old Dominion, Pittsburgh, Providence, Purdue and Virginia."

Another 2018 big man gets Illini offer

Reaction Score
He is a good looking guy.

Mila+Kunis+Vincent+Cassel+Black+Swan+Premiere+s4vLSYrKv7sl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads