2020 Recruiting: - Luca Doncic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Luca Doncic

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The kings took Marvin Bagley over Doncic while their biggest need was a small forward and Doncic was clearly the most NBA ready player in the draft lol.

Reaction Score
Giannis is averaging 30+ for a second straight season, Luca is not “Far better” offensively. They’re incredibly different anyways.

Reaction Score
What? This guy has all-time great vision.
I’m not downplaying Lukas vision. But Giannis is just as effective of a passer. That isn’t a notch Luka has over him

Reaction Score
I’m not downplaying Lukas vision. But Giannis is just as effective of a passer. That isn’t a notch Luka has over him

Of all of the questions I would say the one that stands out is Lukas’s vision. While Giannis is pretty good Lukas is Larry-like in his ability to pass and create open looks for his teammates. No looks, look always and penetration for the kick out he’s special passing the ball.

Reaction Score
This kid is a freaking BEAST on the court! Whether you hate him or not LeBron has given him his much deserved props already. Espn put up a stat last night that was pretty amazing. It was before halftime, but it was the last total of 48 minutes he had played he put up 70 pts and was shooting 64% from the field.

Reaction Score
Poor Atlanta traded this guy for that small, shoot first point guard from Oklahoma. While a nice player he will never be as good as Doncic.
It was still a bad trade, but Trae Young looks like he’ll be much more than just a “nice player.”

Reaction Score
Saw Doncic at the Garden last week and even though he didn't shoot well, he's vision, court awareness and IQ is much like LeBron. Yes, he is slow afoot but so was Bird. He's a very deliberate offensive player with his pick and rolls and step back 3's but Carlisle gave him the carte blanche this year to run the offense and his numbers are much better and they are starting to win. I would think he will increase his 3 point % over time but he will never be a great defender. Should be fun watching him over the next few years and whether or not Dallas can bring in a better supporting cast. The Unicorn is not the answer.

Reaction Score
Saw Doncic at the Garden last week and even though he didn't shoot well, he's vision, court awareness and IQ is much like LeBron. Yes, he is slow afoot but so was Bird. He's a very deliberate offensive player with his pick and rolls and step back 3's but Carlisle gave him the carte blanche this year to run the offense and his numbers are much better and they are starting to win. I would think he will increase his 3 point % over time but he will never be a great defender. Should be fun watching him over the next few years and whether or not Dallas can bring in a better supporting cast. The Unicorn is not the answer.

Porzingis can be a starter on a contender but can't be a primary option. He's fine but the rest of that roster outside of Doncic is really bad.

Reaction Score
Porzingis can be a starter on a contender but can't be a primary option. He's fine but the rest of that roster outside of Doncic is really bad.
Agreed. He just not a #2 type player that many envisioned but he is a quality starter as long as he doesn't break a leg. They need much more.

Reaction Score
Giannis has turned himself into a very good passer but this isn't even close, Luka has all-time good vision Magic like vision.

Reaction Score
Giannis has turned himself into a very good passer but this isn't even close, Luka has all-time good vision Magic like vision.
Whatever Giannis lacks in natural ability when it comes to passing he makes up for by being 7ft tall. He can see over everyone. So why Luka may be a more “skilled” passer, Giannis is just as “effective”. That’s my only point

Reaction Score
Giannis with an absurd game tonight to try and match Luka

Reaction Score
Isn’t Doncic younger? At the very least their age is similar and Doncic is the far more complete player.
The question was who else would you rather build around for the next 10-15 years, not who is better now. The difference in athleticism puts Simmons in the conversation for me over a projected period of a decade plus. In the conversation, not necessarily better, but in the conversation.

6'10, only 23 years old, equal passing ability, better defender, much more athletic. Yes, in the conversation.

Reaction Score
This kid seems good, I hope Hurley is able to get him for this recruiting class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom