2020 Recruiting: - Luca Doncic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Luca Doncic

Reaction Score
I mean, maybe he brings his 3 percentage to around 35% but what else can he do? He’s not a great defender, but never will be if he’s putting up 40 point triple doubles
You don't have to do a ton more if, at 20, you're averaging 30-11-9.

Shooting 3s better would be one thing. He can do that. He can probably lower his TOs. And he can probably improve some on defense.

At the level he's playing right now, he's one of the top 5 players in the NBA. But it's only been 13 games: he can either (a) increase his 3pt%, (b) come back to earth on some of the other stats, or (c) a bit of both, and so continue to be a Top 5 player.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well the draw of the euro league is the kids go in at like 15 and are polished pros by 20. Whereas kids in America dick around in AAU for a few years then major in Eligibility for 9 months with a college coach, playing maybe 10 meaningful games.

So he is likely way closer to his ceiling than are Ayton and Bagley

Sounds like their approach to soccer...and ours unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I don't see a decent argument for Doncic over Giannis. Even though he may be #2.

Reaction Score
I mean, maybe he brings his 3 percentage to around 35% but what else can he do? He’s not a great defender, but never will be if he’s putting up 40 point triple doubles
He's 20 and you think he's a finished product, smh.

Reaction Score
Still 2 minutes left in the 1st quarter of tonight's game, and Luca has 17 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds. LOL

Reaction Score
Let's answer this considering the next 5 years:

a) Will he score within 5 ppg of Giannis?
b) Does he make his team/offense better than Giannis does?

When I watch him (and it's a short data set), he is more of a Bird, Magic, Lebron type player that just elevates his entire roster. Not sure I'd say that about Giannis or even Harden.

Reaction Score
Really? He's 4 years younger and a far better offensive player.

Yeah you are wrong. The difference between their defense is larger than the difference between their offense.

Far better offensively!

I love watching Luka. The Mavs have been on national TV a ton early so I have caught maybe 4 full games but I don't see him being better to build around going forward than Giannis. Giannis could be the defense player of the year. His offense is not as aesthetically pleasing as Luka - no one is. But he's a monster there too.

Reaction Score
22, 5, and 5 in the first quarter...is that good???
He out-scored, out-rebounded, and out-assisted the entire Warriors team through one quarter. Granted, the Warriors are basically a G League team right now, but still. Remarkable stuff

Reaction Score
I'm wrong?

I see back to back posts on this board saying Luka is far better than Giannis offensively and that Giannis doesn't make his teammates better and I realize it's time to log off.

Reaction Score
I see back to back posts on this board saying Luka is far better than Giannis offensively and that Giannis doesn't make his teammates better and I realize it's time to log off.
What am I wrong about? Luka being 4 years younger than Giannis or Luka being a far better offensive talent than Giannis? Or both?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
33, 5 and 6 at the half I. 17 min.
GS's complete ineptitude will probably allow Luka to rest on 2nd half.

Who knows? He may drop 50 during 3rd qtr and rest during the 4th.

Great article on Luka.

"I think they just see it a little bit different," said a Western Conference scout who has watched the Mavs multiple times. "I think they'll get on the same page. It'll take some time. But I think Luka sees things for him more than others.
"It's not like he's trying to ball hog or anything. He just thinks, 'I can take this fool.'"

Reaction Score
He's incredible. But he really needs to improve his outside shot.
Anyone who's a fan of any other team should hope he doesn't because he's basically unstoppable as is.

Reaction Score
What am I wrong about? Luka being 4 years younger than Giannis or Luka being a far better offensive talent than Giannis? Or both?

What do you think man. Yeah I am challenging you on his date of birth. Get real. No I am challenging your stupid take that Luka is far better offensively.

Reaction Score
What do you think man. Yeah I am challenging you on his date of birth. Get real. No I am challenging your stupid take that Luka is far better offensively.
Why is it a stupid take? He's got better vision, a better stroke, better ballhandling...

Reaction Score
Why is it a stupid take? He's got better vision, a better stroke, better ballhandling...

I don't feel like arguing. I gotta go to sleep. They are both nearly unguardable on O. Giannis because of his physical traits and Luka his skill. Gotta think some team will eventually realize Luka takes 95 percent of his step backs going left. I was triggered going into this discussion reading deepster write that Giannis doesn't make his teammates better.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What? This guy has all-time great vision.
Yea his vision is his best attribute. I just saw a stat he is 2nd in the NBA in assists per game but averages less passes per game than anyone in the top 10 in assists...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom