Lubin and the Front Court | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Lubin and the Front Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Maybe. Phil's D was pretty mediocre last game. Rock has a little Toraino Walker potential, if he gets a shot he may surprise us the same way. I'd like to see him get a shot.

Obviously I know you didn't mean it this way, but I hope he doesn't have much Toraino Walker in him. Leaving the program after 1 game in his jr year would waste a scholarship. Fortunately I don't imagine he'll do that.

Reaction Score
I am certainly old. But I'm not whiney. I'm curmudgeonly. And while age and artery disease have taken the game away from me, once upon a time, back when 6-3 was still tall enough to play inside in HS, assorted rec leagues and the non-stop pickup games in the toughest neighborhoods in Bridgeport, I was a pretty decent interior defender and passable on offense. And at my best, Lubin would eat my lunch. But I didn't have visions of playing D1. Or D2, for that matter.

That having been said, your only question was whether 25 minutes, 9 points, 6 boards and 2 dimes a game seemed realistic. Several people said no. Then you defended that position, and I gave you actual factual numbers of what he produces now and explained why I thought your estimates were likely unattainable given his size and skillset. That IS analysis. I might have been a little snide. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. But the fact is, he's marginal size-wise for a 4, and not nearly skilled enough for the 3. Unless he gets better at defensive positioning and exceptionally good at rebounding, he's never going to see more than token court time.
Are you a product of Central High?

Reaction Score
My biggest surprise with this season is how little Nolan has improved. Without looking at his stats from last year, I'd say he's digressed.

Weren't there reports this past summer how much stronger he got, how hard he had worked on his offense, etc.

His only stat over 1.0 per game is rebounds and it's 1.4/game.

I keep rooting for him, but for a player his size and athleticism, I can't figure out how he's not contributing more. His teammates get him the ball in great scoring position but he can't finish if his life depends on it.

The lack of post scoring when Brimah is not on the floor or when DHam is not at the 4 is alarming.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not embarrassed or depressed by our frontcourt.

I'm proud of their effort and hopeful of their promise and supportive of them as Huskies.
We know where you are saving your non support!:cool: Did give you a like for your post so don't think me entirely petty.

Reaction Score
the other 3 front court players wouldn't get 5 minutes on any other top 25 team.
Well no , that's why it's called potential. As in, one may see a POSSIBILITY of improvement in performance with Lubin in the future.

You are the quintessence of what has become the mainstream "what have you done for me lately" d0uchebaggery that now plagues the sporting world. No wonder you're in the top 5 insufferable tools of the BY, and that is saying quite a lot.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm not embarrassed or depressed by our frontcourt.

I'm proud of their effort and hopeful of their promise and supportive of them as Huskies.

This a million times. We all (myself included, I'm not as good at this as I'd like) should keep in mind this is what being a fan of the program is all about.

Reaction Score
. . . so don't think me entirely petty.
In our limited interaction on this website, I can say with zero equivocation that you are one of the least petty people with whom I have interacted in life.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lubin, Nolan
Nolan, Lubin
I don't care who is better, who was higher rated
I just want one of them to step up and be a REAL backup 4 or 5

Reaction Score
I'm an East Ender, and went to Tech.
My pickup court of choice was Washington Park.
Oh. I had some machine shop buddies that went to Tech.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We won a NC with Brimah & Nolan at the 5.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
With shabazz and boat at the 1-2... Not to mention Daniels at the 4

Of course. Brimah can't carry the team offensively. But he played well enough against the best teams in the country. Not embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Brimah? Against who? Go look at his Duke, and last year's FF stats.

Of course. Brimah can't carry the team offensively. But he played well enough against the best teams in the country. Not embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Yeah, AB plays horribly against good big teams. Just look at SMU twice, Stanford and Duke this year. He is great against overmatched or unathletic bigs. He needs to up his game against real bigs to have a hope for the NBA.

Reaction Score
For everyone who doesn't believe that the players' parents come on the Boneyard, here you go:

RockNation @Basketballmom18
things people ASSUME! for the record UConn was NOT ROCK ONLY D1 offer,had SEVERAL offers n UConn was where he wanted to be

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
For everyone who doesn't believe that the players' parents come on the Boneyard, here you go:

things people ASSUME! for the record UConn was NOT ROCK ONLY D1 offer,had SEVERAL offers n UConn was where he wanted to be
I was wondering what spurred that tweet from Mama Rock...the Boneyard influence rings out

Reaction Score
I know this thread is primarily regarding Rock (s/o to Rock's mom btw, as a parent of a prominent athlete, it takes some courage to actually read what is written about your son), but I wanted to quickly do the unthinkable here, and praise Nolan.

His post defense against SMU was tremendous. Yes, he fouled out. Yes, he took his mandatory charge. Yes he only scored two points I believe, but I thought he was very solid and a big reason for the W. I like how he has played lately. We don't expect or really need much from him offensively (other than not making mistakes), but his post D has been very good lately.

Let's hope Rock feels better and will be able to join the rotation again soon.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I stand corrected then. My apologies to Mrs. Lubin -- I meant no disrespect towards your son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom