LSU Recruiting Edge | The Boneyard

LSU Recruiting Edge

Reaction Score
Would it be dumb to allow all colleges to establish a 5 year annuity contract with athletes payable after graduation and terminated in the event of a pro contract or full time employment? They could pay for accident insurance or similar in the event injury hits supplementing it.

I just think they need to start looking at compensation, particularly on the football side while providing lesser performing schools better chances to compete with the big boys (Div 1).

Doesn't have to be large, but would provide security allowing players and families not to be so easily seduced.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Would it be dumb to allow all colleges to establish a 5 year annuity contract with athletes payable after graduation and terminated in the event of a pro contract or full time employment? They could pay for accident insurance or similar in the event injury hits supplementing it.

I just think they need to start looking at compensation, particularly on the football side while providing lesser performing schools better chances to compete with the big boys (Div 1).

Doesn't have to be large, but would provide security allowing players and families not to be so easily seduced.
How does paying student athletes stop schools from illegally paying student athletes and their families from committing to schools?

Reaction Score
How does paying student athletes stop schools from illegally paying student athletes and their families from committing to schools?
It won't but I'm looking at reducing the temptation by having an end of term payout, so to speak. A suitcase of money brought to a meeting 'in the hood' and elsewhere is very tempting, especially in cases where it would be the most money ever seen in that house. Let's say its 20k cash, if a school had a 50k payout in 4-5 years that may be enough to dissuade a recruit's family from making a costly short term decision.

I just was trying to think of a possible solution to make instant cash/offer less attractive. There's too much money out there not to handle this dilemma and problem in a better way that would protect its product including recruits.

The NCAA made over $1 billion in 2017 alone.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It won't but I'm looking at reducing the temptation by having an end of term payout, so to speak. A suitcase of money brought to a meeting 'in the hood' and elsewhere is very tempting, especially in cases where it would be the most money ever seen in that house. Let's say its 20k cash, if a school had a 50k payout in 4-5 years that may be enough to dissuade a recruit's family from making a costly short term decision.

I just was trying to think of a possible solution to make instant cash/offer less attractive. There's too much money out there not to handle this dilemma and problem in a better way that would protect its product including recruits.

The NCAA made over $1 billion in 2017 alone.

I'm 100% on board to paying athletes however, the issue that keeps coming up is how do you pay women's field hockey or tennis?

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Guess I'm a bit naive on how things work... could anything come from this?

Reaction Score
I love this all so much. For so many years I questioned why Calhoun and Ollie lost certain kids. I was told that I was crazy and thought everyone cheated. I never said that. There are cases that you get. There are cases where, maybe, the other school was honest and just had more of what the kid wanted. But there were also MANY cases that made little to no sense. But some people didn't want to believe the sport could be THAT dirty so they reached for rationalizations.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. The ducks are being outted now.

Reaction Score
I'm 100% on board to paying athletes however, the issue that keeps coming up is how do you pay women's field hockey or tennis?

You don’t have to pay them a direct pay check; just let them make money off their likeness, endorsements, autographs etc.

Also, they can bring back NCAA football and basketball video games, use the player’s likeness and let them share in the profits

Reaction Score
I love this all so much. For so many years I questioned why Calhoun and Ollie lost certain kids. I was told that I was crazy and thought everyone cheated. I never said that. There are cases that you get. There are cases where, maybe, the other school was honest and just had more of what the kid wanted. But there were also MANY cases that made little to no sense. But some people didn't want to believe the sport could be THAT dirty so they reached for rationalizations.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. The ducks are being outted now.
Oregon??

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whew, good thing this never happens at any Nike schools. Right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom