LSU Recruiting Edge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

LSU Recruiting Edge

Reaction Score
I love this all so much. For so many years I questioned why Calhoun and Ollie lost certain kids. I was told that I was crazy and thought everyone cheated. I never said that. There are cases that you get. There are cases where, maybe, the other school was honest and just had more of what the kid wanted. But there were also MANY cases that made little to no sense. But some people didn't want to believe the sport could be THAT dirty so they reached for rationalizations.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. The ducks are being outted now.

Ehh it happens everywhere, just some more than others.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

My contention is, no, they wouldn't. Duke really is the NCAA's flagship and shining example of 'all that's right with college basketball'. The NCAA needs Duke, heck even the media needs Duke, to give some semblance of credibility to the whole thing.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Guess I'm a bit naive on how things work... could anything come from this?

Nobody knows yet. The FBI has asked the NCAA to hold off until their case/trials are completed, at which point, the NCAA will use all available documentation and start their own investigations. So who knows what or how long.

Reaction Score
You don’t have to pay them a direct pay check; just let them make money off their likeness, endorsements, autographs etc.

Also, they can bring back NCAA football and basketball video games, use the player’s likeness and let them share in the profits
Agreed don't pay them directly but let them build their own personal brands and allow them to turn pro whenever they want and then problem solved. Also would love for the NCAA games to make a come back

Reaction Score
I think its hilarious that UNC fans are trying to troll Duke fans on this one.

Attachments

• A3BEA033-CC65-495E-A3A8-4975557D8174.jpeg
    A3BEA033-CC65-495E-A3A8-4975557D8174.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 39

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
all aboard the hype train for NCAA football and basketball video games to come back. At least that would force literally every player get somethign due to likeness.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's clear as day what the advantage is of being a basketball program in the Power-5: more money to funnel to recruits. Soon, the NCAA will cave and begin to allow it and anyone outside the P5 will be forced to recruit the old fashioned way against these behemoth P5 programs sitting on mountains of cash.

The beloved Coach K paying Zion to go to sham Duke might just be the motivation for the NCAA to quickly enact a Brett Hull no goal cover-up rule change and allow programs to pay recruits. Then, they can claim that the rule has always been correctly applied so all of these scam dirty programs will all have their mud cleaned off the face of their programs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wait, don't they have his voice on the call?

Amazing isn't it?

And EOD I'm betting most people just buy this and don't think anything else of it. Cause we just want to watch hoops.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The best part of the Zion Williamson story is that he refused the Kansas money and committed to Duke for free.....

Right?

I’d prefer we not turn those stones over. If we land precious this year, it won’t be for free I’m sure.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’d prefer we not turn those stones over. If we land precious this year, it won’t be for free I’m sure.

After what just (and is currently) happened to our prior coach, and given the current climate in MCBB, if you don't believe this staff is flying right, you're kidding yourself. Right now is the time to be a choir boy in college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom