LSU Basketball 21-22 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

LSU Basketball 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They showcase Morris a lot on LSU's social media. Something tells me she is gonna be eligible but I think its interesting there was never an official announcement from LSU on her. Losing Moon sucked but if Morris is eligible, that eases things significantly. Her and Pointer at PG/SG would be a terrific combo. How they deal with all those posts is what I am most curious about. Aifuwa is a shoe in to start at the 5, who starts at the 4 is what I am most curious. Something tells me Newby will probably win it but there seems to be a crazy amount of competition in that spot.

I'm gonna be interested in how the roster works out next year. We lose a lot of seniors, I guess we will have to hit the portal hard. Not sure we are gonna sign much this fall. VanSlooten appears to be headed to Oregon. That leaves SaMyah Smith and Flaujae left unless they add an international player.
I agree. I like Trasi. But we need someone who will give us a lot of boards. I think Newby could definitely give us more than what she has showcased at Vandy.

I like Bartlett as well. But it's not much highlights of her. But from what I've heard. She will be a great defender and can run the floor.

I really really really hope we can pull in Flaujae. She reminds me so much of Raigyne Moncreif. With more range

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The first we heard about Morris entering the transfer was July 27, well after the July 1 deadline. But, there's always a chance she did meet that deadline and it wasn't leaked right away on social media, I guess.

While she did sit out one season when leaving Baylor for Rutgers, she did not sit her first season at Texas A&M (although she did have to wait until the blanket waiver was approved in December in order to start playing. Ended up playing in 20 of 28 games last season.

Unless she's a graduate transfer (LSU roster lists her as a 5th Yr Senior), and submitted a waiver request, I can't see how she'll be eligible this season.

Reaction Score
The first we heard about Morris entering the transfer was July 27, well after the July 1 deadline. But, there's always a chance she did meet that deadline and it wasn't leaked right away on social media, I guess.
This is the one thing I dont think anyone here can verify. That said, I think it would look very weird/odd for LSU to promote a player who isnt gonna play this year. They know more than I do though.

Its interesting though they showcase her in a bunch of their videos, Morris herself is going on social media saying how excited she is for the season, but at the same time there has not been any type of official announcement by LSU on Morris.

Reaction Score
Didn’t morris become immediately eligible to play at A&M?

Reaction Score
I agree. I like Trasi. But we need someone who will give us a lot of boards. I think Newby could definitely give us more than what she has showcased at Vandy.

I like Bartlett as well. But it's not much highlights of her. But from what I've heard. She will be a great defender and can run the floor.

I really really really hope we can pull in Flaujae. She reminds me so much of Raigyne Moncreif. With more range
Bartlett is a big rebounder and shot blocker, its a big reason she was highly recruited but Kim historically doesnt start or rely on freshmen heavily. Plus she was coming off a knee injury, so I dont see major minutes right away but maybe she gets more as the season goes.

I have no clue what to make of Petty, we rarely saw her last season.

Newby seems the obvious choice being how experienced she is and has always been a strong rebounder/defender (Mulkey has always preached this area). I felt she never reached her potential offensively at Vandy but maybe with some solid coaching she can give more.

All I know is LSU has a bunch of players over 6'2, they have plenty of size to rebound and to do things inside.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I know I may be biased as I’m an LSU fan. I get why some people may not like Kim. I won’t pretend to know what the relationship or treatment was of Griner while she was at Baylor. I do know that the school is very Christian. A friend of ours daughter was gay and she was a player on the tennis team at Baylor. She was ‘discouraged’ from opening up about her sexuality to others. Not sure if this was something that went on at Baylor or at the coaches preferences.

WBB has many many players of all types of sexuality. Many of them played under Kim. Many of her former players have been extremely vocal supporters of her. Idk if it was just that one relationship with Griner but from what I have seen, most of the players who have played under her have had great relationships/experiences with her.

for the record, I personally know Kim for quite a few years. Family member of mine played with Kramer at LSU. I get perception leaves many with a bad taste of Kim at times, but she really is one of the nicest people you’d ever meet if you got the chance to meet her in person and get to know her.
I like Mulkey. My narrative was only in reference to Cooper’s endorsement. I’m not sure Cooper is someone I would want my child (who is being recruited by various schools) to take any advice from. I have my own personal thoughts about Cooper that I will keep to myself. If I had a daughter, I’d have no problem with her playing for Kim.

Reaction Score
I like Mulkey. My narrative was only in reference to Cooper’s endorsement. I’m not sure Cooper is someone I would want my child (who is being recruited by various schools) to take any advice from. I have my own personal thoughts about Cooper that I will keep to myself. If I had a daughter, I’d have no problem with her playing for Kim.
I only have two things I disagree with Kim on or not a fan of. One, she schedules too soft for my liking in general. She is a damn good coach and has top 10 teams year after year, she could schedule better. Not saying you need to go crazy but some games on her schedules make no sense to me, you can play inferior teams without playing some of these.... bottom of the barrel teams.

Second, sometimes she doesn't handle losing well (snarky comments after games). She does handle it well at times complimenting other teams but then other times it doesnt come across well at all. I get it, she is super competitive in everything she does and when she gets super invested its tough to swallow a loss for her at times.

Outside of that she really is a pleasure to be around. Having been to many of her practices before, she comes across much differently on the sidelines than she is at practice and behind the scenes, she often is making jokes half the time. I'm excited to see what she does with this years team. Surprisingly, the chemistry appears to be really good right now and all the returning kids are loving it so far. I don't know how its going to turn out but its clear they have worked extremely hard this short time trying to change the perception of this program. They are already getting near 5000 season tickers and she has not coached a single game yet.

Reaction Score
I only have two things I disagree with Kim on or not a fan of. One, she schedules too soft for my liking in general. She is a damn good coach and has top 10 teams year after year, she could schedule better. Not saying you need to go crazy but some games on her schedules make no sense to me, you can play inferior teams without playing some of these.... bottom of the barrel teams.

Second, sometimes she doesn't handle losing well (snarky comments after games). She does handle it well at times complimenting other teams but then other times it doesnt come across well at all. I get it, she is super competitive in everything she does and when she gets super invested its tough to swallow a loss for her at times.

Outside of that she really is a pleasure to be around. Having been to many of her practices before, she comes across much differently on the sidelines than she is at practice and behind the scenes, she often is making jokes half the time. I'm excited to see what she does with this years team. Surprisingly, the chemistry appears to be really good right now and all the returning kids are loving it so far. I don't know how its going to turn out but its clear they have worked extremely hard this short time trying to change the perception of this program. They are already getting near 5000 season tickers and she has not coached a single game yet.

I don’t care about the basketball stance. She can schedule how ever she likes. Her take on the rapes from the Baylor football team is why I don’t like her and never will.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I don’t care about the basketball stance. She can schedule how ever she likes. Her take on the rapes from the Baylor football team is why I don’t like her and never will.
Have you ever talked to her about her stance on the rape situation or have you listened to the media only? You made an opinion of her from an analogy she used. The media didn’t show you the whole discussion nor have they ever shown you Kim discussing how much she was against what has happened. She’s the mother of a daughter and is against the rape situation 100%. I’d highly recommend a discussion with her or take the time to look more into your feelings. Your thoughts are wrong.

Reaction Score
Have you ever talked to her about her stance on the rape situation or have you listened to the media only? You made an opinion of her from an analogy she used. The media didn’t show you the whole discussion nor have they ever shown you Kim discussing how much she was against what has happened. She’s the mother of a daughter and is against the rape situation 100%. I’d highly recommend a discussion with her or take the time to look more into your feelings. Your thoughts are wrong.
UM...she took the mic and commented. The MEDIA didn't ask her to do that NOR did they mistake what she said. Context certainly matters, but how in the world can you excuse her dismissive comments? Move on? Smack anyone who would be concerned sending their daughter to Baylor? And yes....assaults happen on other campuses, BUT ,125+? Those numbers ring CULT! Yes...she has a daughter...and I hope that if she were ever assaulted...she would offer a different commentary...at the very least a better tone.

Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey will not hold back her words for nobody. I actually forgot what she said anyway. I believe she is against it as well. Her words can sometimes be taken the wrong way though.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Agree with you on both counts. I thought exactly like you do about her preference to schedule cupcakes and twinkies to fill out her pre conference schedule every year. I was looking at that as a fan. She’s looking at it like a coach.

She knows exactly what she’s doing. She schedules teams she knows she can beat. They will give her team a run, give her freshmen and transfers ample opportunity to get plenty of playing time, all the while bonding with each other. All but one or two of these games are home games. She’ll play 1-2 ranked teams, but no more than two. She gets her team use to winning this way. Lots of “learning moments“ in these games for younger and inexperienced players.

One thing we must recognize and remember, there is a method to her madness. She begins conference play with 11-12 wins every year, Baylor either runs the table, or loses no more than one game in conference play every year. She usually gets a number 1 or 2 seed in the tournament.

Playing soft OCC schedules has not hurt her up to this point. Don’t look for her to change her M.O. now. It’s not going to happen. Kim’s point of view on this is, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Her Baylor teams were always ready to play conference games once they commenced. LSU will not dominate the SEC the way Baylor did the Big 12. You can bet the farm on that. Kim will win basketball games this year. Even more so once she gets HER players on roster next year. I think LSU will be an interesting team to watch and follow this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard LSU is suppose to host the #1 JUCO prospect Last Tear Poa this weekend or next weekend. She’s from Australia

hopefully they don’t take the recruits to the football game :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

They seem to be throwing the kitchen sink at Flaujae. Her IG stories crack me up, they hoping some good cajun food will win her heart as well. It would certainly win mine :D

Reaction Score
If they are throwing the sink at Flau’jae and not Williams, they are doing it wrong.

Reaction Score
If they are throwing the sink at Flau’jae and not Williams, they are doing it wrong.
Well I'm sure they are for Williams but this is Flau's official visit and William's is a unofficial.

If they don't land Flaujae, they may not really have a 2022 class at all outside of Alisa Williams. But if Kim wants to rebuild the program, they cannot miss on Williams. Thats your future right there and someone you can build around your program.

I don't think Williams comes until tomorrow. She was just at Ole Miss.

I am also pretty sure one of LSU's freshmen posts has a significant lower leg injury. Had a giant brace and was on crutches earlier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Dwilliams02

They seem to be throwing the kitchen sink at Flaujae. Her IG stories crack me up, they hoping some good cajun food will win her heart as well. It would certainly win mine :D
They better. Because she is someone who can also speed up the rebuild. Lol and with this cold front here, they better throw her some of the best gumbo ever

Reaction Score
They better. Because she is someone who can also speed up the rebuild. Lol and with this cold front here, they better throw her some of the best gumbo ever
The football experience for the recruits is gonna be brutal....

11 AM game, half empty stadium, get curb stomped vs Florida probably.

I noticed during Flaujae official at Miami, they didn't take her to the football game :D

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Looks like your gonna have your answer soon on Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom