Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Alisa Williams

there’s somethin special down here..
Tiger face
#FIRSTandLASTofficialvisit
1632752309182.png

Reaction Score
I will say this. Kim Mulkey love the midrange watching her coach at Baylor. And it looks like we have a bunch of decent mid-range shooters.

I still miss Moon tho lol. I hope Morris can play immediately. Something tells me she will. But no news yet

The battle at the 4 will be interesting. I'm pretty sure Trasi is the front runner. But lawd. The amount of bodies we have.

Reaction Score
I will say this. Kim Mulkey love the midrange watching her coach at Baylor. And it looks like we have a bunch of decent mid-range shooters.

I still miss Moon tho lol. I hope Morris can play immediately. Something tells me she will. But no news yet

The battle at the 4 will be interesting. I'm pretty sure Trasi is the front runner. But lawd. The amount of bodies we have.
Did you go to the practice yesterday? For those who wanted more intel on the moon Ursin situation, she gave a great explanation. Morris showed out yesterday, Gusters really need more time. I honestly like the freshmen. They have A LOT of size as a whole on the team

Reaction Score
Did you go to the practice yesterday? For those who wanted more intel on the moon Ursin situation, she gave a great explanation. Morris showed out yesterday, Gusters really need more time. I honestly like the freshmen. They have A LOT of size as a whole on the team

Wasn't able to make it. But someone I know was there. They said how good Morris is. And from the footage I saw. Our post position is definitely loaded.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

I have high hopes for Morris. There's a huge connection between Morris and Mulkey - always has been. You will hear Mulkey say "I love and care for that kid." Through all the trials and tribulations, Morris and Mulkey have stayed connected. Morris is really a good person and smart girl. If there is anyone that can put Morris back on track, it's Mulkey. If you have not watched Morris much, you will see she is FAST! She has a high BB IQ and can shoot. If she can stay on a good path and finish up with Mulkey, she will be a HUGE asset this year to LSU. I look forward to watching her.

Gusters should get a little better as time goes on this year, however, I also believe she will need another year to get in good shape. I expect Gusters to be a beast in her Jr & Sr years.

Is it time yet???

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I hate to disagree or combat my fine colleague @skilz but I do have 2 different thoughts from her post:
1. Morris, given all her travels and issues at other programs include the Wayward school for women, also known as Rutgers, she should not be made eligible this year. It would further make a mockery of higher education efforts.
2. How many years does it have to take for Gusters to actually focus on conditioning? This is her 3rd year under Mulkey and how or why that hasn’t improved is also confounding to me. I am not sold that now, she will work on it given she has no one remotely close to her skills or size on LSU for her to be motivated to change.

Now, all that said, Mulkey will drastic improve the competitiveness and increase the scoring for the Tigers while showing as good or better defense. Plus she already has top recruits considering LSU something Nikki never could do.
And yes, at some point of the next 3 years I will
Make a trip to LSU (hopefully to UConn) and watch them play and meet up with Skilz, @Plebe and of course @SECbbfan24

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
I hate to disagree or combat my fine colleague @skilz but I do have 2 different thoughts from her post:
1. Morris, given all her travels and issues at other programs include the Wayward school for women, also known as Rutgers, she should not be made eligible this year. It would further make a mockery of higher education efforts.
2. How many years does it have to take for Gusters to actually focus on conditioning? This is her 3rd year under Mulkey and how or why that hasn’t improved is also confounding to me. I am not sold that now, she will work on it given she has no one remotely close to her skills or size on LSU for her to be motivated to change.

Now, all that said, Mulkey will drastic improve the competitiveness and increase the scoring for the Tigers while showing as good or better defense. Plus she already has top recruits considering LSU something Nikki never could do.
Make a trip to LSU (hopefully to UConn) and watch them play and meet up with Skilz, @Plebe and of course @SECbbfan24
Hey friend - I don't really disagree with you. I'm not sure how Morris is playing this year, but only assume it's because of the covid year. I can only pray for her and hope she finds what she needs to get healthy mentally.

Gusters: This is her 2nd year. She only had 1 year under Mulkey, not to mention, she didn't play her Senior year in HS. Give her time...

I'm definitely making several trips to LSU. Meeting up at some point would be great!

Reaction Score

Morris has a lot of maturing to do as a person but I am happy she ended up with Kim to end her career. If she can keep her head on straight, she will be a big asset in the limited time she has left playing college. It appears so far she has found a niche at LSU and has a lot of close friends so far. Hopefully it keeps her grounded, she can finish with a good end to her career and a college degree. Her talent and ability was never a question mark, we know what she is capable of. She was extremely impressive yesterday although I don't see her playing this year given all the transferring unless there is something going on behind the scenes I don't know. But the NCAA never shocks me with their decisions, for better or worse.

Gusters needs to get in better shape period. This will be her 2nd year with Kim after a COVID year.. She really needs another year IMO to get in the shape she needs to be in to contribute on a regular basis but I think she sees time this year and it will help her development go a long way with experience.

Hypothetically, if Guster's doesnt work out they way they hope, I don't doubt Kim will have someone ready to step up. If that requires she hits the portal to find someone, she will do it. Personally, I am most excited to watch Amani Bartlett, her ability to rebound and shot block IMO will make her very valuable.

One thing that made me excited listening to the players was them talking about how different practices are. They have described them as much more intense and says the pace of play is significantly faster. Idk if LSU has the shooters to truly rely on a half court game consistently which is why I think pushing the ball in transition will be a big emphasis. Got to find ways to manufacture points. Fargas played to slow the game down and to make them close and ugly, we appear we are trying to do the opposite now in terms of our pace.

I'm excited to see something different period. What LSU has done the last 8 years has not worked.

Reaction Score
Does someone have the roundabout time stamp for where she talks about Moon's transfer? I can't watch that much Kim...
More or less, Moon was intially planning on going home to Tulane and then Mulkey took the LSU job so she followed her there. Moon still wasn’t sure if she wanted to play/give the effort that was required and eventually decided to leave, go home and pursue nursing school at Tulane. Mulkey had nothing but kind things to say about Ursin and wants her to be happy. Sounds like Ursin was pretty transparent with the coaching staff the whole time on her feelings.

Reaction Score
I thought I was going crazy today when I thought I saw T. Cooper in BR but I guess she really did come down here

Is she dating Alvin Kamara? I’m asking because I think he and Diamond Deshields were a thing.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Is she dating Alvin Kamara? I’m asking because I think he and Diamond Deshields were a thing.
Yes, her and Alvin are a thing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Kim has LSU on the “fast track” to respectability and a top 25 ranking by the end of next year. She’s going to do the same things she did at Baylor.

Play the same type of basketball, and recruit the same types of players. She knows that play in the SEC is one of the most competitive in the country. She’ll conduct herself accordingly.

Reaction Score
The more I see them practice and the more I look at Alexis Morris' social media. I really think she is eligible.

Either way. This team still look promising. Kim will get some wins out of them and get them into the tournament.

Reaction Score
The more I see them practice and the more I look at Alexis Morris' social media. I really think she is eligible.

Either way. This team still look promising. Kim will get some wins out of them and get them into the tournament.
I've been under the assumption that she will be. I thought she entered the portal in time for the one-time exemption.

My recollection is that she's sat out once already when she transferring initially to Rutgers. If she has to sit out another year, I'll be scratching my head.

Reaction Score

They showcase Morris a lot on LSU's social media. Something tells me she is gonna be eligible but I think its interesting there was never an official announcement from LSU on her. Losing Moon sucked but if Morris is eligible, that eases things significantly. Her and Pointer at PG/SG would be a terrific combo. How they deal with all those posts is what I am most curious about. Aifuwa is a shoe in to start at the 5, who starts at the 4 is what I am most curious. Something tells me Newby will probably win it but there seems to be a crazy amount of competition in that spot.

I'm gonna be interested in how the roster works out next year. We lose a lot of seniors, I guess we will have to hit the portal hard. Not sure we are gonna sign much this fall. VanSlooten appears to be headed to Oregon. That leaves SaMyah Smith and Flaujae left unless they add an international player.

Carnac

Reaction Score
They showcase Morris a lot on LSU's social media. Something tells me she is gonna be eligible but I think its interesting there was never an official announcement from LSU on her. Losing Moon sucked but if Morris is eligible, that eases things significantly. Her and Pointer at PG/SG would be a terrific combo. How they deal with all those posts is what I am most curious about. Aifuwa is a shoe in to start at the 5, who starts at the 4 is what I am most curious. Something tells me Newby will probably win it but there seems to be a crazy amount of competition in that spot.

I'm gonna be interested in how the roster works out next year. We lose a lot of seniors, I guess we will have to hit the portal hard. Not sure we are gonna sign much this fall. VanSlooten appears to be headed to Oregon. That leaves SaMyah Smith and Flaujae left unless they add an international player.
One of the first rules in Marketing 101, don't "showcase" or promote players that are not eligible. That's FALSE advertising. ALL players that are promoted on this year's team, are expected to play THIS season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I thought I was going crazy today when I thought I saw T. Cooper in BR but I guess she really did come down here

This is a nice endorsement from Cooper. However, many other coaches could get the same "glowing" endorsement from most of their former players. Cooper had social issues with teammates at Tennessee, left there, and left South Carolina when she could have stayed. I'm not sure I would take advise from a player that transferred as many times as she did. Brittany Griner may not agree with her about her assessment of Mulkey. Griner was not happy with the way she was treated at Baylor.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

Just like hiring coaches, Mulkey keeps everything quiet until it's time. I think you see more recruits commit than you expect.

Reaction Score
This is a nice endorsement from Cooper. However, many other coaches could get the same "glowing" endorsement from most of their former players. Cooper had social issues with teammates at Tennessee, left there, and left South Carolina when she could have stayed. I'm not sure I would take advise from a player that transferred as many times as she did. Brittany Griner may not agree with her about her assessment of Mulkey. Griner was not happy with the way she was treated at Baylor.
I know I may be biased as I’m an LSU fan. I get why some people may not like Kim. I won’t pretend to know what the relationship or treatment was of Griner while she was at Baylor. I do know that the school is very Christian. A friend of ours daughter was gay and she was a player on the tennis team at Baylor. She was ‘discouraged’ from opening up about her sexuality to others. Not sure if this was something that went on at Baylor or at the coaches preferences.

WBB has many many players of all types of sexuality. Many of them played under Kim. Many of her former players have been extremely vocal supporters of her. Idk if it was just that one relationship with Griner but from what I have seen, most of the players who have played under her have had great relationships/experiences with her.

for the record, I personally know Kim for quite a few years. Family member of mine played with Kramer at LSU. I get perception leaves many with a bad taste of Kim at times, but she really is one of the nicest people you’d ever meet if you got the chance to meet her in person and get to know her.

Reaction Score

Here’s a nice read. Very excited for Pointer and company. I hope they can have a great last year

Reaction Score
I know I may be biased as I’m an LSU fan. I get why some people may not like Kim. I won’t pretend to know what the relationship or treatment was of Griner while she was at Baylor. I do know that the school is very Christian. A friend of ours daughter was gay and she was a player on the tennis team at Baylor. She was ‘discouraged’ from opening up about her sexuality to others. Not sure if this was something that went on at Baylor or at the coaches preferences.

WBB has many many players of all types of sexuality. Many of them played under Kim. Many of her former players have been extremely vocal supporters of her. Idk if it was just that one relationship with Griner but from what I have seen, most of the players who have played under her have had great relationships/experiences with her.

for the record, I personally know Kim for quite a few years. Family member of mine played with Kramer at LSU. I get perception leaves many with a bad taste of Kim at times, but she really is one of the nicest people you’d ever meet if you got the chance to meet her in person and get to know her.
That's exactly what I get from Kim. To me, she's pure Louisiana. Some, from the outside looking in, may not like her. She will say what she say. And it may just not register well with everyone. But she's really a great person. I may not know her personally, but she treat her players like she's their second mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom