LSU basketball, 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball, 2023

Reaction Score
Refs and lsu beating Georgia. Good job refs maybe a raise for your good work?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If Georgia had better ball handlers on the perimeter this game wouldn't be close. Both teams have shot like spit from the arc, but the number of FT's given LSU has killed Georgia.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Two clutch 3's from Georgia and they may have won this. A rested UConn team beats these guys. A healthy UConn team crushes these guys.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed for the entire team. Just unacceptable on almost every level.

Hope they don't give Morris any SEC awards with that bad attitude.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Not exactly the type of defense Abrahamson-Henderson likes to play. Despite the FT's Georgia had their chances and threw them all away.

Reaction Score
LSU barely holds off an unranked Georgia team in OT. Georgia couldn’t capitalize on some critical turnovers they forced LSU to make at the end of both regulation and into OT, otherwise the upset might have happened. I still don’t think LSU is quite deserving of their ranking.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed for the entire team. Just unacceptable on almost every level.

Hope they don't give Morris any SEC awards with that bad attitude.
I've had a bunch of discussions online where I've said such a behavior would never be tolerated by Dawn, Tara, or Geno. The Dawn stare would rip right through her while she sits the bench for extended stays.

Reaction Score
LSU barely holds off an unranked Georgia team in OT. Georgia couldn’t capitalize on some critical turnovers they forced LSU to make at the end of both regulation and into OT, otherwise the upset might have happened. I still don’t think LSU is quite deserving of their ranking.
No basketball educated LSU fan thinks LSU is the #3 team. This team is too streaky and they play like a bunch of different parts. But its not surprising as the entire team is all transfers or freshmen. There isn't continuity half the time.

LSU has talent but the chemistry is a major problem and they go through major horrific spells of play and look lost. I would put them in the 12-15 range.

They need another recruiting class or two badly. I just want Kim to guide them to a sweet 16 and keep building. Even she knows they aren't there yet and still have a long way to go

Reaction Score
Two clutch 3's from Georgia and they may have won this. A rested UConn team beats these guys. A healthy UConn team crushes these guys.
Or just boxing out would have done the trick.

JordyG

Reaction Score
No basketball educated LSU fan thinks LSU is the #3 team. This team is too streaky and they play like a bunch of different parts.

LSU has talent but the chemistry is a major problem and they go through major horrific spells of play and look lost. I would put them in the 12-15 range.

They need another recruiting class or two badly.
I would like to see how this team responds to real adversity. Down 10 or 15 on the road say. I'll bet the back biting and finger pointing would be legendary.

Reaction Score
A 45-24 free throw difference is incredibly absurd. A huge margin happened just a few nights ago at home against Tennessee too. I’m leaning towards that not being a coincidence. Luckily South Carolina doesn’t have to travel there for the game.

Reaction Score
I would like to see how this team responds to real adversity. Down 10 or 15 on the road say. I'll bet the back biting and finger pointing would be legendary.
Sadly I believe LSU will play better on the road then they would at home.

If you watched LSU games this year, they have looked pretty horrendous at home half the time. I don't know what the deal is but they don't seem to look prepared half the time when playing on their home court. To me thats highly concerning.

Reaction Score
No basketball educated LSU fan thinks LSU is the #3 team. This team is too streaky and they play like a bunch of different parts. But its not surprising as the entire team is all transfers or freshmen. They isn't continuity half the time.

They need another recruiting class or two badly. I just want Kim to guide them to a sweet 16 and keep building. Even she knows they aren't there yet and still have a long way to go
I agree with your assessment. LSU is not a bad team by any measure but they are more upper middle of the (top 25) pack. You can see the talent is there but not yet completely gelled.

Reaction Score
A 45-24 free throw difference is incredibly absurd. A huge margin happened just a few nights ago at home against Tennessee too. I’m leaning towards that not being a coincidence. Luckily South Carolina doesn’t have to travel there for the game.
When I heard the FT margin I was just shaking my head. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment. LSU is not a bad team by any measure but they are more upper middle of the (top 25) pack. You can see the talent is there but not yet completely gelled.
I hope UCONN fans don't think LSU fans are arrogant or think we are all that, we don't trust me.

Quite frankly, even with the addition of Angel Reese, this is a rebuilding year. I just think having a team where 8 of the 10 scholarship players have never played with each other before is way too much at times. I don't know if coaching can truly solve that aspect. But Kim needs to address the attitudes and poor body language. That is 100% on her. I don't even think any of her Baylor teams were near this bad

Morris was NEVER like this last year. But the team goes as she goes IMO. When she is bad, the entire team seems to go her route.

Reaction Score
I hope UCONN fans don't think LSU fans are arrogant or think we are all that, we don't trust me.

Quite frankly, even with the addition of Angel Reese, this is a rebuilding year. I just think having a team where 8 of the 10 scholarship players have never played with each other before is way too much at times. I don't know if coaching can truly solve that aspect. But Kim needs to address the attitudes and poor body language. That is 100% on her. I don't even think any of her Baylor teams were near this bad

Morris was NEVER like this last year. But the team goes as she goes IMO. When she is bad, the entire team seems to go her route.
I think she's gonna have to start leaning on just recruiting a full team. Because it seems like the transfer portal just gonna bring in players with huge personalities.

The downside to is.... We still need a team lol so the transfer portal will get us that quickly

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
love actually drinking GIF

Reaction Score

I don’t think any reasonable UConn fan thinks that, especially BY regulars. Of course fans - especially students - will be excited about success, but I think most LSU fans are realistic about where their team actually is and where they still need to go.

I definitely think the team attitude needs to improve. I know Kim is pretty fiery herself but usually I thought Baylor players were pretty composed during games. I guess we will see how things go on that end.

Reaction Score
But let me go enjoy this win. I'm not even gonna go on Twitter. Because I know it's not looking good for us. Gotta start charging rent for LSU

Reaction Score
I think she's gonna have to start leaning on just recruiting a full team. Because it seems like the transfer portal just gonna bring in players with huge personalities.

The downside to is.... We still need a team lol so the transfer portal will get us that quickly
I mean LSU had to use the portal, they lost basically the entire team last year and they had to upgrade the talent.

Reese is amazing but she really works my nerve with her attitude at times. Sadly Poole may be worse and she doesn't even contribute 1% Reese does.

I do think Carson is lovely and she is a good kid. Just isn't consistent

The reality is they need more freshmen recruits and they need to continue to build from the ground up the foundation. The portal/transfers are just a crutch until the other part gets there.

Reaction Score
I don’t think any reasonable UConn fan thinks that, especially BY regulars. Of course fans - especially students - will be excited about success, but I think most LSU fans are realistic about where their team actually is and where they still need to go.

I definitely think the team attitude needs to improve. I know Kim is pretty fiery herself but usually I thought Baylor players were pretty composed during games. I guess we will see how things go on that end.
Most of her Baylor players were built and developed. They've developed winning mentalities.

Reaction Score

I don’t think anyone thinks you all are like that! You are very reasonable and fair with your posts and thoughts. I think LSU would be a lot more likable as a team if it weren’t for the attitudes. It’s one thing to play with passion, but I think it’s a fine balance between that and trying to show up your opponent. I think it’s only become a talking point within the community because of the way the players this year are going about it. I think last year’s group was just grateful, so it was easier to root for their success. This year, the over celebrating, dancing, and taunting just seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way. I think you saw a little of that from the Georgia players tonight. Throw in the fact the officiating aids the antics and it’s just a lot to consume IMO.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
But let me go enjoy this win. I'm not even gonna go on Twitter. Because I know it's not looking good for us. Gotta start charging rent for LSU
Don't go. It's not pretty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom