LSU basketball, 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

LSU basketball, 2023

Reaction Score
I do not really see the antics flying with South Carolina or Tennessee. Eventually, they will meet their match and get what they are asking for. Every program/player will not ignore it like Arkansas was able to last night.

Outside of all the extra, it was a very entertaining game.
Exactly. It was a very entertaining game. Looking forward to other games.

Reaction Score
I do not really see the antics flying with South Carolina or Tennessee. Eventually, they will meet their match and get what they are asking for. Every program/player will not ignore it like Arkansas was able to last night.

Outside of all the extra, it was a very entertaining game.
Tennessee is at home in Baton Rouge so, I could see a repeat.

SCar ison the road in Columbia, probably @18,000 in attendance, so I doubt it

Reaction Score
Tennessee is at home in Baton Rouge so, I could see a repeat.

SCar ison the road in Columbia, probably @18,000 in attendance, so I doubt it
Yup. Most definitely. Think playing against the likes of Jackson and Horston would amp the team up more than usual.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well, I don’t know why I was a little worried about Bama. Great win.
Baton Rouge Basketball GIF by LSU Tigers

Reaction Score
Looked way more focused tonight than last one. Having a 29 point lead at half on the road was nice.

Hopefully they have the same mindset next game at TN next week at home.

Reaction Score
I watched the BAMA game. My initial expectations was the game would be tight because BAMA is a quality team. LSU appears to me to be on a par with South Carolina, can’t wait to see that game!

Reaction Score
Reese saying I can't do it alone to her teammates is what did it for me. The over the top celebrating, not getting back and giving up points not once, or twice but multiple times was also a bit much
Yeah. I was shocked. What was that all about? Did Reese score all of their points and defend all five positions at the same time? That’s called showing up your teammates.

Reaction Score
I watched the BAMA game. My initial expectations was the game would be tight because BAMA is a quality team. LSU appears to me to be on a par with South Carolina, can’t wait to see that game!
Not on par but when LSU is dialed in and focused they can be very good

My concern with SC is not our starting 5 vs there’s. There is a dramatic difference when you get to the benches. SC is loaded and deep, LSU isn’t yet and SC eventually wears down opponents with their deep team.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I was shocked. What was that all about? Did Reese score all of their points and defend all five positions at the same time? That’s called showing up your teammates.
That was Reese telling her teammates, I need you. You can pick apart the word choice but the intent was clear and the it had the intended effect. Morris didn't start and Mulkey wouldn't divulge why, only saying that Morris knew why she didn't start. When Morris did get in, she did not seem fully engaged. After Reese talked to her, Morris brought it. Also, Reese's teammates have supported her online in response to comments like this.

Reaction Score
If LSU manages to get by TN and I would think it's very possible since they are playing so well and it's at home, they could finish the season with no more than one less. That would be impressive.

Reaction Score
So nobody finds Angel Reese’s on court behavior boorish? I mean standing over an oppent fallen to the floor after a block is a bit much. Just saying.

Reaction Score
I really don't think LSU is on a par with SC. If I had to peg them to a comparison team, it would be Tennessee if Horston is playing. Lots of talent, not a lot of team play.

Neither team has a chance against SC. The only difference is Tennessee played a bunch of tough teams early on and got exposed even before conference play. By contrast, LSU skated through OOC, and is about to play a couple of more serious teams in conference. They will get a beatdown from SC worse than Sandy or Auburn and be exposed.

On the other hand, if LSU blows out Tennessee, I'll change my view about them.

Reaction Score
I really don't think LSU is on a par with SC. If I had to peg them to a comparison team, it would be Tennessee if Horston is playing. Lots of talent, not a lot of team play.

Neither team has a chance against SC. The only difference is Tennessee played a bunch of tough teams early on and got exposed even before conference play. By contrast, LSU skated through OOC, and is about to play a couple of more serious teams in conference. They will get a beatdown from SC worse than Sandy or Auburn and be exposed.

On the other hand, if LSU blows out Tennessee, I'll change my view about them.
Jeesh. Tennessee and LSU BOTH "have a chance."

Anybody remember Mizzou or Kentucky?

Reaction Score

Fair enough, but that's a slender hope for a huge upset. Not impossible, but not really likely. Also, KY and Mizzou had no pretensions about themselves, no bubble just waiting to be punctured.

Reaction Score

I agree, both of these teams are capable of the upset if they have a hot night shooting 3's. I don't think either Tennessee or LSU ( or anybody really) is gonna beat SC with post play and rebounding alone.

Reaction Score
So nobody finds Angel Reese’s on court behavior boorish? I mean standing over an oppent fallen to the floor after a block is a bit much. Just saying.
Reese is a great player but personally I do not like her behavior on the court at all. I am all for playing with passion and enthusiasm, but I do not like her blatant disrespect of the opponent. I have watched a few LSU games and she got a warning from ref in one game and technical foul in the other.

She is going to get called most times on this type of behavior. l can’t see her getting very far with it in upcoming games with Tennessee and South Carolina or in NCAA tournament

Reaction Score
LSU is looking better each game. Can not wait until the Lady Vols game.

Reaction Score
Reese is a great player but personally I do not like her behavior on the court at all. I am all for playing with passion and enthusiasm, but I do not like her blatant disrespect of the opponent. I have watched a few LSU games and she got a warning from ref in one game and technical foul in the other.

She is going to get called most times on this type of behavior. l can’t see her getting very far with it in upcoming games with Tennessee and South Carolina or in NCAA tournament
Against SC, Boston and Cardoso will look down at her like a bug buzzing about their feet. She can see how it feels to be swatted. Has she even played against someone as physical as Saxton or Amihere? I don’t think so. Sure, an upset is a distant possibility, if they’re in a low moment, but not for a game SC is likely to be up for.

Reaction Score

I would be pretty surprised if LSU or Tennessee kept it close with South Carolina this year. From the games I have seen, LSU has dominated the offensive glass and that probably is not happening against SC. South Carolina has the post game to neutralize Reese, and I think Brea Beal will have a major impact defensively on the perimeter. While Tennessee has size, I am just not sure it's good enough to contend with Boston inside either. Brink had 21 & 17 in only 26 minutes against Tennessee, I would imagine Boston would be able to put up a big game as well.

Reaction Score

Yea...people aren't getting the difference between celebratory behavior and the direction of that celebration. Its direction in the face of an opponent (that she actually fouled if you ask me)...is the issue I have.

Reaction Score
She wasn't standing over her. She gave her a withering stare and had some words to say as she was turning away. Should she have kept her mouth shut? Probably. But damn...she blocked that shot while she was holding her shoe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom