LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged)

Reaction Score
Someone has to tell me the difference between us losing to a then unranked Villanova a few weeks ago is different than LSU losing to an inconsistent Kentucky, Louisville to a very up and down Miami and Michigan losing to Nebraska twice, who might be a bit better than anyone thinks. If the winners of these games can improve their rankings, why can't it work the other way?

Reaction Score
to me it doesn't really matter if we are a 2 or 3 seed, what is most important is the region we are put in. As long as we are in Bridgeport and avoid having to be in SC region I dont care if its as a 2 or a 3 to be honest. On the other side of it if you are SC if there's one team they dont want in their region I guarantee it'll be a healthy UConn. I think it would be silly to keep UConn out of Bridgeport for fan attendance reasons, and I think its harsh to give SC the toughest elite 8 matchup as the overall number 1 seed as well.

Reaction Score

Is Charlie Kreme actually any good at predicting the layout of the brackets? What's his track record?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is Charlie Kreme actually any good at predicting the layout of the brackets? What's his track record?

Reaction Score
What a mess in the "Top 16" ....

How the heck can they keep BYU out of the 16 now?

Reaction Score
I hope the team manager with blue blazer and red pants is ok after the takedown from Kim. :D

This is exactly what the SEC needed, a dose of Kim to spice up the conference.
Does anyone out there read lips? Looked like she saying “LSU players don’t flop as realistically as the Baylor players”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does anyone out there read lips? Looked like she saying “LSU players don’t flop as realistically as the Baylor players”
I don’t know about that but I saw some use of alliteration in her choice of modifier of the word foul.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The hub and I both commented that she was extremely lucky to not have any contact with the referee as when it was happening I was like, OMG did she touch him?

Reaction Score
I am betting the committee will take those losses in consideration and will make a financial decision to send UCONN to Bridgeport….and of course the Huskies tradition of excellence.

Jds

Reaction Score
Someone has to tell me the difference between us losing to a then unranked Villanova a few weeks ago is different than LSU losing to an inconsistent Kentucky, Louisville to a very up and down Miami and Michigan losing to Nebraska twice, who might be a bit better than anyone thinks. If the winners of these games can improve their rankings, why can't it work the other way?
UConn's loss to Villanova happened before the current projected seedings so whatever impact it has had is already been taken into consideration. And, UConn was playing with a very depleted roster with.

Reaction Score
I’m no expert but here’s my guess. Louisville lost to Miami, net 44, on a neutral court. So that is a quad 1 loss.

LSU lost to Kentucky, net 37, on a neutral court. So that is a quad 1 loss.

Michigan lost to Nebraska, net 21, on a neutral court. So a quad 1 loss.

My fear this year is that at the end of the day, the committee will be able to justify any decision they make about Uconn with that Quad 3 loss to Villanova. No matter how you look at it, it’s a bad loss.

This is where we need big east teams to schedule and beat mid level teams in P5 conferences to establish the big east within the conference hierarchy. It’s hard for big east teams to build a resume by merely playing each other. I can’t remember a time a team beat Uconn and wasn’t considered in the NCAAT field.

Reaction Score
UCONN has to stay on their toes.
Upsets in the air.

Excellent advice. Last year, at least one UConn player (I think it was Christyn) said that the Huskies had taken Arizona for granted. No matter the tournament, no matter the seeding, no matter the opponent, assume that the other team believes they can beat you and will leave everything on the floor trying to do just that.

Reaction Score
I’m no expert but here’s my guess. Louisville lost to Miami, net 44, on a neutral court. So that is a quad 1 loss.

LSU lost to Kentucky, net 37, on a neutral court. So that is a quad 1 loss.

Michigan lost to Nebraska, net 21, on a neutral court. So a quad 1 loss.

My fear this year is that at the end of the day, the committee will be able to justify any decision they make about Uconn with that Quad 3 loss to Villanova. No matter how you look at it, it’s a bad loss.

This is where we need big east teams to schedule and beat mid level teams in P5 conferences to establish the big east within the conference hierarchy. It’s hard for big east teams to build a resume by merely playing each other. I can’t remember a time a team beat Uconn and wasn’t considered in the NCAAT field.
How would a rematch where a healthy UConn blows them out factor into the equation ?

Reaction Score
No but she gave the camera a sly wink and a big smile after the T.
Never fails to disappoint
She did say a few days ago that she wanted to get a big ejection. She was working on it

She knew exactly what she was doing.
That game was lost and she knew it.
She was sending a message to her team on how to fight.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Losing in the QF is a bad loss for an elite team.

Reaction Score
Losing in the QF is a bad loss for an elite team.
LSU isn’t a elite team. Kim inherited a team that went 9-13 last season and have gotten the most out of this team with the addition of Alexis Morris. Without her, LSU can’t do much really. They have over achieved this season.

But she is supposed to be back for the tournament. They will go as far as Pointer and Morris can take them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom