LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

LSU and Louisville Lose to Unranked Teams (merged)

Reaction Score
How would a rematch where a healthy UConn blows them out factor into the equation ?
Honestly not entirely sure. I think if that happens, it will illustrate to the committee just how much injuries hurt Uconn this season. They are supposed to take injuries into account, but this might force that hand. But from a pure numbers/metrics perspective, another Quad 2 win doesn’t do much to bolster the resume. I believe it becomes a quad 2 matchup being on a neutral site. What do you think?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am betting the committee will take those losses in consideration and will make a financial decision to send UCONN to Bridgeport….and of course the Huskies tradition of excellence.
The tickets are sold, the NCAA already has it’s money

Reaction Score
To avoid being with SC and Stanford we need to move up to a 5 or 6 slot in the top 16, or move down to an 11 or 12 slot. If we win out the latter is impossible given the losses. So that means moving in front of Michigan's, LSU and ISU, without anyone jumping ahead of us. The results since the last reveal should get us in front of Michigan and LSU. Some losses by ISU and Texas would seal the deal

Reaction Score
When talking about losing to a Q3 team just remember who decides which quad teams are in and when that decision is made. There is no way Villanova is a Q3 team. None. They should be in the NCAAT.

Reaction Score
Yeah but lotsa luck to the NCAA selling early tickets to Albany next year. Also, Bridgeport concessions, parking, hotels, restaurants, etc. could not be happy with UConn going elsewhere.

Reaction Score
There are other considerations concessions….
parking….and I doubt it is half sold …specially
since UCONN is up in the air….
And I am not a betting man but I am confident UCONN will be at Bridgeport….it is a logical choice even for the NCAA cynics.

Reaction Score
Yeah but lotsa luck to the NCAA selling early tickets to Albany next year. Also, Bridgeport concessions, parking, hotels, restaurants, etc. could not be happy with UConn going elsewhere.

For 2023-2026 Regionals are only going to be in two sites. The only time in the next 4 years the Northeast is going to host a regionals is 2024.

Reaction Score
The real money is from television and the advertisers. They want to see the seats filled so next year they can charge more for commercials and the arena marquee ads and the scoreboard ads.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It’s just plain wishful thinking on any of the pollsters who think either of Nebraska or Michigan are better than UConn. UConn would thrash either one of these teams.
The pollsters don't impact the seedings. Now, if the NCAA selection committee feels that way, that's a different story. Nebraska is not even in the discussion for a Top 16 seed. Michigan losing is obviously great for UConn.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Something to consider that will "force" the committee's hand a bit:

LSU can't be placed in #1 South Carolina's region. So, the committee can't drop them to the #8 or #9 seeds. With them being at #7 in the last reveal, and then losing last night, the committee either keeps them at #7 or drops them to the #10 seed.

Iowa State at #6 lost on Monday; probably lose one more unless they win the Big 12 tourney next week. Same for #5 Baylor. #8 Michigan already lost yesterday.

So, I'd say LSU is a safe bet not to move below #7 despite losing to Kentucky (a team they'd already beaten in the regular season). Can't see the moving up, but it's still a possibility as everyone except the conference tourney champions will be losing at least once.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Something to consider that will "force" the committee's hand a bit:

LSU can't be placed in #1 South Carolina's region. So, the committee can't drop them to the #8 or #9 seeds. With them being at #7 in the last reveal, and then losing last night, the committee either keeps them at #7 or drops them to the #10 seed.

Iowa State at #6 lost on Monday; probably lose one more unless they win the Big 12 tourney next week. Same for #5 Baylor. #8 Michigan already lost yesterday.

So, I'd say LSU is a safe bet not to move below #7 despite losing to Kentucky (a team they'd already beaten in the regular season). Can't see the moving up, but it's still a possibility as everyone except the conference tourney champions will be losing at least once.
It's just a technicality and doesn't detract from your valid point, but FWIW the committee doesn't actually alter a team's overall seed when they have to depart from the S-curve in regional placements. The committee would just rank LSU #8 or #9 and then quietly assign them as the 2 or 3 seed in a region other than Greensboro. (There's a good chance we won't even know their overall seed on selection day.)

IMO LSU's loss to Kentucky is more damaging to a resume than any number of losses to Baylor could be, even if one-sided. The wildcard is whether and how much the committee will give LSU a pass for this loss due to Alexis Morris's injury. Who knows.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LSU's only saving grace is Morris is coming back, outside of that, they are bad and not top 25 caliber. Its pointer then everyone else.

Morris or no Morris, Kim left a bad taste in the committees mouth with that effort yesterday, down 20 at halftime to a Kentucky team that finished 7th in the conference.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After reading the results of these games, and all of these crazy scores, Yall gonna make go Vince Lombardi up in here:

I omitted the word “me” in my post. It should have read: y'all gonna make ME go Vince Lombardi up in here.

Carnac

Reaction Score
And Indiana beat Maryland 62 - 51. Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 87 - 80.
This has been a crazy weekend with all of these upsets no one saw coming. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well let's see whose playing great now and if that has any bearing on seeding. Add in consideration for injuries NET btw Uconn is 5. Lville a 1 seed loses to an unranked team as does LSU a 2seed. Gotta think they both drop 2or3 places. Uconn needs to win the BE tournament and winning by alot sends a message.
With all of these upsets, UConn has to be a 2 seed. Too many top 25 teams losing to lower ranked or unranked teams. I just hope they stay in the Bridgeport region. BTW, there is no way we lose to Marquette tomorrow. No way!! :cool:

Reaction Score
I think two scenarios should happen.
if Baylor wins the big 12 they should be a #1, but if Louisville gets #1 they should be in Bridgeport with Uconn.

I don't think it's fair for Nc st to get a team like Uconn as a #1.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think two scenarios should happen.
if Baylor wins the big 12 they should be a #1, but if Louisville gets #1 they should be in Bridgeport with Uconn.

I don't think it's fair for Nc st to get a team like Uconn as a #1.
LOL.

NC State will be the 1 seed in Bridgeport, as surely as SC will be in Greensboro and Stanford in Spokane. They're not going to send NC State to a farther regional just to help them avoid UConn (assuming that UConn ends up in Bridgeport, which is far from assured).

Reaction Score
LOL.

NC State will be the 1 seed in Bridgeport, as surely as SC will be in Greensboro and Stanford in Spokane. They're not going to send NC State to a farther regional just to help them avoid UConn (assuming that UConn ends up in Bridgeport, which is far from assured).
then wherever the fraud Louisville goes Uconn should too, I know fans will be upset cause they can't go see them in person, but if it leads to a final 4 appearance by playing an easier team like Louisville then who cares.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It's just a technicality and doesn't detract from your valid point, but FWIW the committee doesn't actually alter a team's overall seed when they have to depart from the S-curve in regional placements. The committee would just rank LSU #8 or #9 and then quietly assign them as the 2 or 3 seed in a region other than Greensboro. (There's a good chance we won't even know their overall seed on selection day.)

IMO LSU's loss to Kentucky is more damaging to a resume than any number of losses to Baylor could be, even if one-sided. The wildcard is whether and how much the committee will give LSU a pass for this loss due to Alexis Morris's injury. Who knows.
For sure. Come Selection Monday, we might know LSU's exact ranking (among the Top 6-16 teams. But, we'll for sure know if they are on the 2-line or the 3-line. And, we already know they won't be in the Greensboro regional with South Carolina.

Based on this week's upset losses, the committee could make their own lives easier (not having to deal with 4-teams from the same conference among the Top 16 seeds) by simply pushing Oklahoma (lost to Kansas), and Maryland (lost to Indiana), etc. out of the Top 16 (they were pretty marginal already in Monday night's reveal).

Reaction Score
For sure. Come Selection Monday, we might know LSU's exact ranking (among the Top 6-16 teams. But, we'll for sure know if they are on the 2-line or the 3-line. And, we already know they won't be in the Greensboro regional with South Carolina.

Based on this week's upset losses, the committee could make their own lives easier (not having to deal with 4-teams from the same conference among the Top 16 seeds) by simply pushing Oklahoma (lost to Kansas), and Maryland (lost to Indiana), etc. out of the Top 16 (they were pretty marginal already in Monday night's reveal).
But who would they be replaced with?
Crème’s 5 seeds all had upset losses I believe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom