Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Brown, great kid and NBA body

Yabysele, size and 3's

Davis, Jackson & Bentil all had nice college careers, somebody may emerge

a couple of foreigners I never heard of

and a long shot

Reaction Score
I like Bentil, the Croatian center, and Brown.

The rest, eh, not so much

Reaction Score
Danny Ainge is about to shake things up im looking forward to tge move. How about they go after Jimmy Butler for a start

Reaction Score
The traded Davis and the guy they took immediately after him for a Memphis 2019 pick. Depending on any protections it has, that could be pretty high as Conley z no and gasoline are likely to be gone or towards the end of their careers.

I was hoping we would take a shot on skal or diallo as I see the French dude as a sullinger type. A skilled big body stretch four, who's solid but not great at rebounding. Zizic gets rave reviews as the best rebounder in the class. That's not nothing. I really liked Davis-of course we trade him.

Kembuckets draft grade: C+

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
time will tell, I don't really value the opinions of "experts" very much, I think they're just talking heads that tend to intoxicate one another

I really like their first two picks

I think most bash him for not trading for a star player, that has to be a two way street

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're probably the only one. The media is crucifying Ainge.
The media knows less than s***. I don't care what some journalist who has never seen these kids play thinks. They just compare actual draft position to mock draft position to make a judgement. If Kobe was taken at 2 instead of 13, the media would have been quick to call that GM an idiot too.

Reaction Score
The media knows less than s***. I don't care what some journalist who has never seen these kids play thinks. They just compare actual draft position to mock draft position to make a judgement. If Kobe was taken at 2 instead of 13, the media would have been quick to call that GM an idiot too.
Alright well Boston fans were less than pleased as well. You would only have to check Twitter to know that. So, in reality, everyone knows less that sh.it. Until Ainge is proven right or wrong this draft just looks like another missed opportunity to lure in big players via trades with all those picks. There's no doubt that the C's need to make a splash this off season otherwise they're just competing to be 2nd or 3rd in the east. Cleveland is miles ahead of anyone else in this conference.

Reaction Score
The traded Davis and the guy they took immediately after him for a Memphis 2019 pick. Depending on any protections it has, that could be pretty high as Conley z no and gasoline are likely to be gone or towards the end of their careers.
June 23: Celtics do two-for-one deal with Grizzlies
i

Boston Celtics get:
2019 first-round pick (via Clippers)

i
Memphis Grizzlies get:
Rights to Deyonta Davis (No. 31, 2016); rights to Rade Zagorac (No. 35, 2016)

---------------------------

It's a Memphis pick via the Clippers, so it won't likely be a great pick. But it is a first rounder, which is a step up.

That said, they already have the Grizzlies' actual 2019 pick, protected 1-8, 1-6 in 2020, and unprotected in 2021.

Reaction Score
Who knows, he may have a gem there somewhere we will wait and see.

The one that I like is Demetrius Jackson, think he's good enough to be a solid back up at some point of his career. Great athlete, streaky shooter but strong and good defender.

Reaction Score
Danny Ainge is about to shake things up im looking forward to tge move. How about they go after Jimmy Butler for a start

Celtics fans need to stop with this nonsense the Bulls have the decided to use Butler to build around he's their centerpiece on the team. He's signed to a team friendly contact and both him and the team like each other

Reaction Score
i

Boston Celtics get:

i
Memphis Grizzlies get:

It's a Memphis pick via the Clippers, so it won't likely be a great pick. But it is a first rounder, which is a step up.

That said, they already have the Grizzlies' actual 2019 pick, protected 1-8, 1-6 in 2020, and unprotected in 2021.

How does that work? Can you choose when you want to exercise the option on the pick?

Reaction Score
Davis was projected as a lottery in every mock draft. Why trade him for a lottery protected pick 3 years from now?

i

Boston Celtics get:

i
Memphis Grizzlies get:

Reaction Score
Davis was projected as a lottery in every mock draft. Why trade him for a lottery protected pick 3 years from now?

Agreed. I was hoping we would take him 16. thrilled he was there at 31. Doesn't matter anyway.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I would hold off on judging how Ainge did until after free agency gets underway. I still believe you're going to see the Cs shed some of these picks as well as someone on their current roster for a bigger name. They drafted front court heavy, so it will allow them to get rid of some of their current front court roster. They're not going to get a Kevin Love type name, but they may be able to get a younger fringe all star type player. The thing that hurts their chances the most is that I really don't see anyone drooling over a trade that includes Jaylen Brown... I just really don't see him as a perennial all star or someone to build your team around. Cs swung and missed there, in my eyes anyways. Kris Dunn was the right move at the 3rd spot.

Reaction Score
Danny Ainge Draft History

It's sorta amazing the dude still has a job.
A lot of those picks have worked out well, I don't think that history says what you think it does. There were some bad picks but find a GM who hasn't made some bad ones. A lot of the bad picks were actually drafted for another team, not really his picks. He hasn't been able to draft a superstar but he largely hasn't been drafting in a spot to get one. This draft was a 2 person draft and they got the 3rd pick. I think most analysts thought picks 3-8 or so were all pretty negligible. I'm not sure where all the outrage is coming from on the Brown pick. Boston doesn't need good players, they have a roster full of them. They need a great player. I think he went with upside over current ability. If Brown can tighten up the jumpshot, the size and athleticism is great. That's a big if but given the alternatives, I can see why he went that way.

He's also proven to be a great GM as far as trading goes. He managed to put together a roster of good NBA players while also collecting a ton of picks. The picks turned out to be in a somewhat weak draft. That's just bad luck. They've still got the 2 Nets picks and the Nets seem a good bet to be really bad so hopefully the lottery works in their favor.

Reaction Score
He can't draft....he can only make deals...should have taken Dunn...dammit

Reaction Score
He can't draft....he can only make deals...should have taken Dunn...dammit

Woulda coulda shoulda - I like Dunn amazing story but we need to take the CT out of this one. I like Brown a lot better as far as potential no doubt.

Reaction Score
A lot of those picks have worked out well, I don't think that history says what you think it does. There were some bad picks but find a GM who hasn't made some bad ones. A lot of the bad picks were actually drafted for another team, not really his picks. He hasn't been able to draft a superstar but he largely hasn't been drafting in a spot to get one. This draft was a 2 person draft and they got the 3rd pick. I think most analysts thought picks 3-8 or so were all pretty negligible. I'm not sure where all the outrage is coming from on the Brown pick. Boston doesn't need good players, they have a roster full of them. They need a great player. I think he went with upside over current ability. If Brown can tighten up the jumpshot, the size and athleticism is great. That's a big if but given the alternatives, I can see why he went that way.

He's also proven to be a great GM as far as trading goes. He managed to put together a roster of good NBA players while also collecting a ton of picks. The picks turned out to be in a somewhat weak draft. That's just bad luck. They've still got the 2 Nets picks and the Nets seem a good bet to be really bad so hopefully the lottery works in their favor.

yeah, i agree. some of the late first round picks didn't work out well, but the fact that we were rarely picking in the top 5-10 is a testament to the consistency we've displayed. Too soon to bash smart and I think jaylen brown could be jimmy butler-esque if he improves on his mid range and long range shooting. It wasn't the pick I was hoping for, but not a bad pick by any stretch.

Reaction Score
I love what Larry did btw....also that 2017/2018 nets picks are borderline untouchable....especially the 2017 one with the talent coming in next year

Reaction Score
Danny Ainge Draft History

It's sorta amazing the dude still has a job.

There's 20 or more GM's in the league that would kill to be in the position the Celtics are in, even after the draft last night. The roster is made up of solid young players that have value and they have a load of cap space with no bad contracts on the books. They also have the best young coach in the league and a good chance at the number one overall pick in a loaded 2017 draft due to a pick swap with the Nets that Ainge negotiated. I'm not excited about last night's draft but what are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom