Love / Hate For UConn vs BC @ Fenway.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Love / Hate For UConn vs BC @ Fenway....

Reaction Score
Playing at Fenway resonates beyond Boston. Last year Tennessee and Va Tech played at Bristol speedway. I would have never paid attention, unless a bottom line told me it was close late in the 4th, to the game but the location garnered some interest. I'm not expecting our game to reach those levels but with marketing it can generate a few extra eyeballs.

Except it's on a second their network, not ESPN.

Reaction Score
I don't have any reason to not trust what Diamond Dave says - but it seems impossible that UConn has sold 15k of their 22k. I have not heard a single person in real life so much as mention this game.

Does that include tickets sold to students? I'm thinking students would have have bought 10K to 13K of those tickets.

Reaction Score
I hate everything about this game. I'll be watching from the warmth of my living room with some tasty craft beers and if it gets ugly, bourbon.

That said, I get why they did it. It makes sense. I'm just done spending my money chasing the P5 dream.
The Big Ten is watching us. UConn fans packing a stadium in Boston would only help. Big time. They know of our reach into New England and want to see it happen.

Reaction Score
Fenway hotels, looking to stay overnight outside of Boston close to the T, any recommendations?
There's a new residence inn that opened in east Watertown. Nice. But doesn't charge Boston rates. $15 uber to Fenway. It's on Arsenal st in Watertown

Reaction Score
Thank you, this helps a lot, didn't want to deal with the Fenway traffic. Now hoping the t runs after the game.
Even with a tie score leading to the NCAA's quirky 25-yard line OT, the T will most likely still run after the game (kick0ff 7 pm). Worst case, uber/lyft/taxi back to car.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
it's not a home game if it isn't in the season ticket packets being sent Monday.
Benedict Auburn said to get used to this as well, during the softball lob segment of Face the State.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
it's not a home game if it isn't in the season ticket packets being sent Monday.
Benedict Auburn said to get used to this as well, during the softball lob segment of Face the State.
So RU/Cuse at the meadowlands/Yankee
Stadium? Sounds good!

Reaction Score
RU and Cuse should be home and homes. The college stadium matters, let's not get crazy. Unless we get $1.25 million which I don't think would be the case.

Reaction Score
Since Uconn is the home team, do they get the bulk of the tickets.

Reaction Score
If uconn doesn't sell the 22k, with the unsold revert to BC?

I'm shocked that our sold tickets number is so low. I figure more than half would be taken by students and the season ticket holders would buy up the rest.

Reaction Score
There are no good tickets left.

Last season UCONN was very well represented at Alumni.

This game draws good regional interest.

Reaction Score
Thank you, this helps a lot, didn't want to deal with the Fenway traffic. Now hoping the t runs after the game.
You can get an outbound Green Line from Kenmore very late into the evening, sometimes the last train out is ~1am, but there's definitely trains until at least 12:30 am so you can go to the game, go to a bar after, and still make a train home. Get the BostonBusMap app before you come up to track the trains in real time on a map.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked that our sold tickets number is so low. I figure more than half would be taken by students and the season ticket holders would buy up the rest.

Did they even sell student tickets yet?

When I was a student fall basketball games in Boston or New York never sold the student tickets that early.

Regardless, I'm shocked the number is as high as it is already

TKs

Reaction Score
I don't have any reason to not trust what Diamond Dave says - but it seems impossible that UConn has sold 15k of their 22k. I have not heard a single person in real life so much as mention this game.
Could not believe how many UConn fans were up in Chestnut Hill for last years game. Bars were packed w/ UConn fans and seemed like about 15K were in the stadium. Would not be surprised at all to see 20K in Fenway.

Reaction Score
I hate everything about this game. I'll be watching from the warmth of my living room with some tasty craft beers and if it gets ugly, bourbon.

That said, I get why they did it. It makes sense. I'm just done spending my money chasing the P5 dream.
Plus they are predicting one inch of snow. Can't drive in that

Reaction Score
Except it's on a second their network, not ESPN.

Doesn't mean people can't watch it. The fact that it's at Fenway it is more likely to draw in a few more eyes nationally than if it was just a home game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On NESN they show a half a dozen ads for this per game but never mention the team's. Each school has a maybe 2 second highlight and then they flash the logos at the very end. It's very strange. I wonder if it's a contractual thing.

Reaction Score
Only thing I hate is that there is no way I can be in Fenway Saturday night and be in Mexico City on Sunday for the Pats game. :/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom